Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The only way we deal Contreras is if we take on another bad contract in exchange, or we trade him for nothing and pick up a hunck of his contract.
  2. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 08:40 AM) How about this one? I watched this one get built from the ground up. I used to cut across it when it was a vacant lot so I was able to see it from start to finish. I work right next door to the 111 Wacker building... Its nice and airy looking.
  3. So how many minds about the Iguchi trade does this change?
  4. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) Which begs the question... if the US had someone in custody whose silence could lead to the deaths of thousands of people, who would be in favor of torture, and who would be in favor of that person still having rights? Would it make a difference if it was a US citizen or not? No one is willing to step out on this limb?
  5. One thing I was thinking about and wanted to throw out there, when talking about a players "worth" you have to gauge their demand. I counted 3 teams who have starting second basemen with worse numbers than Tada, and four if you include the Mets. One of them is Cleveland, so I doubt you can include them as a possibility. That only leaves Seattle, Philly, and the Mets. You also have to throw in the fact that the team who owns Tada at the end of the year only has an exclusive 15 day negotiating window with that player, and cannot offer him arbitration at the end of the season. So they will get nothing for a guy that will probably spend 60ish games in their uniform. You can knock out Seattle as wanting to pay a lot, because Tada is only a minimal upgrade over Jose Lopez. Really that leaves the Mets and Phillies as possible destinations, who might he willing to pay something for Iguchi. The Mets seem to be looking at pitching and outfield help, despite the Valentin injury. Philly seems to only need Tada for a month, as they expect Utley back in a month. Now realistically, what marketplace for Iguchi was out there, and who exactly was going to give up something good for him, because I don't see it.
  6. Its probably a case of the guy overthrowing trying to impress his new team and earn his bonus money all at once. Once they get him relaxed he'll be all right.
  7. The guy must be a headcase. He could go out and have a great game, and then the next time just get his butt kicked all over the park. I didn't get him at all.
  8. The Red Sox have been the hottest rumor, but a team that was mentioned pregame on the Sunday nite game of the week was the Angels.
  9. Which begs the question... if the US had someone in custody whose silence could lead to the deaths of thousands of people, who would be in favor of torture, and who would be in favor of that person still having rights? Would it make a difference if it was a US citizen or not?
  10. QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 01:12 PM) 21 jump street was an early staple. I still have no forgiven Johny Depp for that, the same way I will never forgive John Travolta for Grease.
  11. Translation: I NEED SOME MONEY!!!
  12. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 08:39 AM) No, it didn't. Sorry, I didn't realize the site was all out of green. Its a part of the upgrade...
  13. QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 03:39 PM) He's not going to be a superstar or anything but I think it's entirely reasonable that Richar can hit .270-.280 10 homers, 25 doubles and 20 SB for the next 5 years - which would put him in at least the top half of second baseman in the majors (or make him essentially an Iguchi Redux except much cheaper and much younger). To dismiss him as a waste of playing time without him ever having played a game in a Sox uniform is a little harsh. Also, the fact that the D'Backs gave him up doesn't signal much to me as he was blocked by Stephen Drew, Orlando Hudson and Alberto Callaspo. I definitely think from what I've heard and read taht he can be a contributor on the major league level. Like I said, not a star but a solid player. At any rate he's been mashing ever since he got to Charlotte so now's as good a time as ever to give him a good look. And if he sucks at least we always have Cintron, Ozuna and Gonzalez as long term solutions. So in the big picture we will have a guy putting up numbers as good, or better than Tada, for about 1/15 of the price in 2008-2010.
  14. I think it is pretty obvious why a deal hasn't happened. The BeanSox want to ship out Willy Mo, and the Sox want nothing to do with him. The Sox want prospects who are on the verge, and the Red Sox don't want to send them. The BeanSox are looking for a third team to send Willy Mo to, and to send prospects to the White Sox.
  15. I wish they would be done with him. I'd much rather see guys like Owens and Sweeney get PT.
  16. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 10:40 PM) Any schematics of that one? Where is it going? QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 01:08 AM) Like Rex said, right where the old Sun Times building was. 401 North Wabash. I'd say about 1/3 is completed. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 07:56 AM) Ah, ok. Between the two, it will definitely change the skyline. The two buildings will really "fill in" the skyline we have today. I always kind of think of Chicago's current look with the Sears Tower and Hancock as bookends, and the rest of the city fitting in between. Trump will fall pretty well into the middle of the traditional Adler Planatarium portrait view. I think the Spire will be right on the end. It ought to look pretty sharp.
  17. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 12:42 AM) The truth is though, that if you have 10 people at every debate, you get no real answers to any question. And if you start excluding people before anyone has any idea what they have to say, you end up with the same recycled crap as your candidates.
  18. I think I must be alone when I say I can't wait to see how the skyline looks with the new building. People don't like change at all, and that is evident when you think back to all of the major changes that have happened in Chicago, and all of the b****ing that went with them. Now nobody really remembers that, and instead is in awe of what we have. I am sure the Spire will be the sameway.
  19. That's five wins out of six games. With a couple of guys starting to solidify the pen a bit, the team is playing decent ball.
  20. QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 05:44 PM) At least you didn't call him crap. If he's crap what is Uribe? Cintron? Toby Hall? Mack in CF? BA at the plate this year and last? A middle of the road 2B is worth more than what we got for him. I didn't expect anything big. A better prospect and/or a decent reserve player would have been nice. I wish Iguchi the best. 05 was beyond great and he was an important part of it. He still has a few good years left in the tank I think, but we shall have to wait and see. In the meantime Richar is one of the few prospects we have that I think has a decent chance to pan out. He will now get his opportunity and I hope he makes the most of it. 2B has historically been a pretty strong position for the Sox. Sorry I responded to your post, instead of someone else who was far more critical. Go Danny Richar, and now I'm done with this particular event. Nah, I never got into guys turning into something else just because they aren't with the Sox anymore. For some people the great players in White Sox history are the guys we traded, and for others, the guys who are gone are the worst ever. For me, Tads did a decent job while he was here, and the thing I like most about the guy is that he did whatever he was asked to while he was here. I wish him the best of luck whereever he goes. Heck I wouldn't mind having him back.
  21. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 08:46 PM) What has irked me the most so far was finding out Edwards and Hillary were actively conspiring to keep everybody else out of the dialogue. Not cool. It doesn't surprise me at all. If the Dems and Repubs can get together to keep the minor parties away, it doesn't surprise me that Hill and Edwards would try to eliminate their Dem competitions.
  22. So how about the fun between Hillary and Barack? How do you guys feel about that stuff?
  23. One more thing to realize, there is a reason Floyd hasn't been sent down, and it isn't because he is wanted in the bullpen. Kenny is going to deal a starter before the deadline, and he can't send down Gavin because he will need him back up here in less than ten days. Floyd is about 85% sure to be in the 2008 starting rotation, so he might as well take his lumps now when the games don't matter.
  24. I like Ehrin for no other reason than he is completely different than anything else we have in our pen, and as a hitter, you really don't see to many sidearmers in the league. It is something to adjust to, that you don't get a lot of practice seeing as a batter. He could be a nice 6th reliever in our pen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.