Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Iguchi Traded to Phillies for RP/SP Michael Dubee
I am sad to see Tads go, but its not a big surprise that we didn't get much of a return for him. We traded a middle of the road 2B who had zero trade value, to get an arm, and the Phillies aren't going to get a damned thing for him. If we want a chance at bringing him back in 08, this is one of the best possible teams for him to go to, because Philly damned sure isn't going to resign him.
-
Best Baseball Community: The Vote
What the heck is wrong with you people? This is Chicago. The dead vote, and we made Scotty Pods and AJ all stars, why the hell are we in third place? For God's sake we are trailing people who think Barry Bonds is a hero and some bastard child of Yankees and Cubs fans! Get on it!!!
-
Good luck to the Buehrle's...
Good luck to the Buehrle family. Hopefully the labor is as quick and easy as one of Mark's starts.
-
Gavin Floyd?
Floyd reminds me so much of a young Jon Garland it isn't even funny. He needs a year of the Guillen treatment to get him mentally ready for the big leagues, because he has the best arm on the staff.
-
Best Baseball Community: The Vote
I voted. I will be sure to cast somemore votes from work.
-
It's Official: We Are Now Tied for Last Place in the Central
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:47 PM) And our draft slot keeps improving. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:21 PM) That means absof***inglutley nothing. . God, I am so sick of people mentioning the draft position in the MLB Draft Yeah, but a top 5 pick is exactly what many people have been hoping on for years...
-
Contreras
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 06:22 PM) http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=6068 Other than that, there's the fact that only one man believes in Gavin Floyd's future as a major league stud or even average pitcher, and that man's the same one who loved Jon Adkins, too. Yeah, and that guy built a World Series championship baseball team. Sorry I give him the benefit of the doubt, before anyone else here.
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:11 PM) So you're saying pretty much that it didn't matter what the hell Ozzie did, the game was over anyways. If that's the case, why doesn't Ozzie just have the White Sox players come off the field when they get down by three or more runs at any time the rest of the season? Hell, Ozzie can just have a little fun -- let's put Contreras in CF, Jenks at SS and Buehrle behind homeplate. Just so we have this clear, everybody -- from now on, Ozzie gets a pass on ANY decision made when the Sox are down by more than one run. Apparently I was wrong in thinking that the manager's job was to put make decisions that gives his team the best possible shot at winning. LMAO. Yeah, Ozzie gets a pass, that is totally what I said. I'd sure love to see the post where I said that.
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:38 PM) Awesome post! I can't wait for people to point out that the reason we couldn't trade Contreras was due to his horrible ERA. His ERA would be .6 pts lower if Ozzie didn't give up during the Boston game and the KC game from before the break. So there is a GM out there thinking... "if only Contreras's era was half a run lower... I'd totally trade for him." Yeah, I am sure he isn't looking at things like his velocity, his arm slot, and the lack of movement on his pitches... Nope it has to be the ERA.
-
Why the heck not Eric Byrnes next year...
QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:55 AM) all that plus hes already 26, which makes him pretty old for a prospect He has also played less baseball than pretty much any other 26 year old in professional baseball.
-
Adam Russell
What happened to Russell this year? Is he hurt, or figured out?
-
As if Rowand Lee and Ordonez in the All-star game wasnt bad enough
Pretty much 99% of this board HATED Willie Harris while he was here, and wanted him gone. Maybe this is a case of a guy figuring it out later in his career, but pining for him after hating him so much is just funny.
-
Global Rich List
Until you have a cute baby, its all words...
-
Stephanie Tanner gets married
Who would have thought Stephanie would be better looking than Michelle?
-
What happened to Home Ec?
QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 13, 2007 -> 05:29 PM) I'm worried about the number of young women today who can't cook and clean. I'm tired of wasting my time dating girls who can't keep a house. Bring back home ec as a mandatory class for high school females in place of their science and math classes. Don't need to know geometry to bake me a cake. Boy I'll bet the chicks are just knocking down your doors to get on that...
-
Contreras
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 01:01 PM) Seriously, what in the world is the harm of giving Gavin Floyd the next 2 months to see if he can't start adapting into a real big league pitcher? Its time for Floyd. It is going to take a while for him to get over the mental hump at the major league level, and he might as well due it while we are sucking hind tit.
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 06:40 PM) I just have to add this. What the hell has Owens done to "earn a spot"? Have I not been watching? Has the talent level sunk that low? He's hit about .300 and stole something like 7 or 8 bases since he got called up around the 4th. Its exactly what Ozzie has been looking for all year long. Of course he loves Owens. He is Pods without the injuries.
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 03:29 PM) And you fail to defend him with any logic, per usual. Last night was a f***ing embarrasment between the shift and leaving Contreras out there Pedro style, the end. What logic is there to leaving the left side of the infield open to a guy hitting under 200? Give me a f***ing break. By the time we were down 5 or 6 runs, its not like A.) the Sox offense was going to come back, or B.) the bullpen could have held up even if we scored 8 runs to get the lead again. In other words it didn't matter if Jesus Christ himself came out of the Sox pen last night, he still would have walked the bases loaded last night, and then gave up a grand slam. Finally, Its one thing to start a thread about a bad call in a game, and it is quite another to be begging someone to argue with you. Its even worse to already be claiming to be the victim when you start a new thread. The whole "poor me" routine is so old, it isn't even funny.
-
Why the heck not Eric Byrnes next year...
IF we are going to support a $100 million payroll with guys like MB and PK on the roster, we are going to have to have some $500,000 a year starters on this team. I hate to ruin the parade here, but if Owens hits in the .270 range and steals a lot of bases in 2007, he will be a starter next year, and the Pods/Erstad era will be over.
-
Expect Mets to seriously pursue Iguchi
Damn, I hate to see a guy get hurt like that...
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 10:44 AM) Aww an obsure UFO reference is all you got? I thought you'd actually defend this move. I'm disappointed. Of course you are, you live to argue about everything and then cry about the whole world being against you...
-
happy birthday Sox4lifePA
Have I told you lately, that I hate you?
-
President Bush Reclaims Power From Dick Cheney Following Colonoscopy
So what was your favorite moment of the Cheney Presidency?
-
The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:08 PM) It will be defended by some of the heirarchy around here, so I doubt it's locked. They'll come in and say Ozzie brought us a ring, I wouldn't be complaining if Hinske had bunted into a double play, etc. Tell Art Bell I said "hi'"
- happy birthday Sox4lifePA