Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Bulls Trade Rumor
QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 03:18 PM) Yeah exactly. I laughed hysterically when New York made that trade. Curry is basically the same player, Frye is solid and a good defender (which they have few of), and Francis is still a good player when in a better situation like Portland. IMO Portland shafted the Knicks, who won't get the same numbers out of Randolph that Portland did. The Trib said that the Blazers are going to buy out Francis and make him a free agent. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 04:25 PM) He is far from untalented. He may be making a fool of himself, but he likes to be entertaining and he likes to have fun. I have no problem with that at all. I don't know why you do or why you hate him so. This is all very strange to me. Wow, I never knew. Now I am glad that we didn't get him. I thought he had a couple of run ins with the law, but nothing like you say. I also never knew he was condsidered such a bad teammate. I am glad the Bulls stayed away from him. They don't need that around this good group of guys. I met first met Zach when he was 16 years old and a sophomore in HS. He had already been arrested for a felony at that point, and was soon arresteed again. Beacause of this, I know these aren't the only times he was arrested, just the other times no one said anything and they released him right away. I knew his HS really well, as when I was a broadcaster, he was the coach at the HS I spent three years broadcasting games for. Here is a link to a Trib article that details his arrest record. My personal favorite was his hanging out at a strip club and skipping out on the bill, while at home and on leave for a funeral. http://www.talkbulls.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=27698
-
InsideTheHall.com
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:37 PM) Well, I don't really know why an IU blog is pinned at the top here, in it including pure garbage about Bruce Weber "losing" a recruit. To have it pinned is kind of hilarious, hence I said might as well link to Peegs. I'm pretty sure Illiniboard et al shouldn't be pinned here. BTW, it'd be nice if people actually got suspended for blatant personal attacks instead of Greasy just posting a warning directed at two people, neither of whom attacked anyone. Because it is not like we have ever supported other people's endeavors here at Soxtalk... Pull the bat out of your butt and relax.
-
Help a brutha out!!!
Thanks jerk, now I can't get that stupid commericial out of my head
-
A call to action for Flaxx. . .
I wish I got to enjoy it a little more. I found PA still sells Labatts Candian Ale, which is the 50-50's which are sold up there, relabled for sale in the good old USofA. I had a bunch of those before I tore into the Chimay. Luckily I do have another bottle to enjoy.
-
Bulls Trade Rumor
QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 02:49 PM) OK, if they thought he was a lazy criminal then I can see why he wouldn't be wanted. I knew he had some law issues, but I didn't know he was considered lazy. I agree - Randolph and Curry are going to give up a lot of points. That is a bad combination. The guy has one of the longest criminal wrap sheets in all of pro-sports. If he were playing in a major outlet, the entire world would know about it. He is going to have some big time problems in NY. He also is known to not practice much, and not hard, not play defense, and not to be anykind of a teammate.
-
Gangs
QUOTE(jheath160 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 02:36 PM) I sure hope that was sarcasm that I read, there, Jenks. I know it sounds very cliche', but where there's a will, there's a way. EVERY person has the opportunity to make a better life for themselves in this country. They just have to want it, and be willing to work hard for it...legally. In my area, the "system" seems to recycle those families who don't have the drive or desire to do more for themselves right back into the "system". Very few have the drive and desire to make it out, but those that do are phenomenal individuals who give a tremendous amount back, and try to make a difference in the lives of others in an effort to change the "system". The green type color is meant to indicate sarcasm on this site... I know we almost need a Soxtalk for Dummies guidebook to understand this place sometimes...
-
Bulls Trade Rumor
QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 02:02 PM) I totally agree with you about the Knicks, but wouldn't Randolph be a good fit with the Bulls? What would the Bulls have to give up if all the Knicks gave up were Channing Frye and Steve Francis? That was pretty dumb. Not even funny or offensive, just dumb. We would have had to do a little work to get some salaries to match. We could have done it if Pax and Skiles were interested, but the last thing they want is a lazy criminal poisoning the chemistry that they have worked very hard to get here. Remember they have let players walk for nothing because of the problems they caused. His numbers are what the Bulls need, no doubt, but his persona would take away from everything he would do on the floor. Besides it will be hilarious watching two of the worst front court "defenders" trying to not give up more points per game than they can score in NYC.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 01:49 PM) Sorry if im like the 500th person to do this but i was out of town yesterday and at work today and dont have the time to read through all these pages to see the latest of the MB thread. From what i know they are talking about 4 years for 56 mil? is that right? are they close or does it look like its not gonna happen. is there still a deadline of today? any updated info would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys! Two places have mentioned the $14 million a year number, both Ed Farmer and the Trib. There is no official word anywhere yet.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 12:43 AM) I'm having some Wii troubles. [snickers]
-
A call to action for Flaxx. . .
Hey Flaxx, since this seems to be your official beer thread I have one for you... I had the blue one at a wedding this weekend and WOW! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi%C3%A8res_de_Chimay
-
Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 07:01 PM) I can't get my validation mail from Talk Bulls to send, anyone want to help me out. None of the sites do easy self-validation anymore. The spammers are just rediculous anymore and we have to hand approve every single new account. It takes an admin to go review the new requests which are usually 99% spammers.
-
Craig Biggio
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:46 AM) I wonder if there has been any other times in Baseballs history where two players have gotten to specific milestones(Frank Thomas 500 HR, Biggio with 3000 hits) in the same day? StatmanDu, you are on the clock! It has never happened before where someone has gotten a 3000th hit and 500th HR on the sameday.
-
Bulls Trade Rumor
QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:07 PM) I am honestly shocked that Zach Randolph was traded for sooooooooooooooo little and the Bulls didn't try to get him. That is a 20 and 10 post up inside scorer that is established in this league and would have fit perfectly with the Bulls. To see him go to the Knicks for Channing Frye and Steve Francis is ridiculous. This is what the Bulls needed most and it is like they didn't even make an offer. This upset me more than anything. I am actually cool with the pick. This trade that didn't happen pissed me off. I'm not surprised at all. The Trail Blazers wanted Randolph gone, and they wanted him gone BAD. They woudl have drove the bus all of the way to NYC if that is what they asked. The sad thing is, Portland still wins this deal, because now you have to get Curry and Randolph to play together, and that isn't going to happen. There are going to be some HUGE problems in that clubhouse when you throw in guys like Marbury.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 12:11 PM) Noah missed his fight out of New York (reason #1,546 to trade his ass) so Paxson announced they'll be pushing it back to Monday. Wonderful.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:16 AM) And he can sit back, kick up his feet and blind them with the luster that is his 2005 World Series Championship ring. The exchange rate isn't that bad anymore. At least not like it used to...but the taxes there are still high. And the lack of a State Income Tax in Texas and Florida is why a lot of athletes have homes in those states. I believe Scottie Pippen had a home in Houston, as did Shaq before he went to the Heat. Which is funny, because with the lack of income taxes in Texas, they have some of the highest property tax rates in the country. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:50 AM) Noah, Gray and Curry are going to be introduced to the Chicago media on Monday. I thought that was at one PM today?
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:01 AM) If he got a full no trade clause I would be surprised (ie over the life of the contract) but you never know, it is obviously a possibility and if the Sox were to give one of those out to any player it would probably be Mark. Also, there have been absolutely no reports aside the possibility of a 5th year option (the only things reported aside from that are the Dollar amounts and years). I am asking because I was trying to brainstorm about details that could be holding the deal up, besides the obvious of dollars and years.
-
Miscellaneous "White Sox" Trade Notes
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:22 PM) TB would probably trade Dukes right now if anyone would give them anything for him. I think most teams are expecting him to be released eventually, and thus aren't offering anything for him. Or They're expecting him to end up in the same mess as Urbina. Some A and a lot more of B
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:54 AM) They are the strongest union in all the land. They don't give a crap about the fans, or the integrity of the game. And they don't have to give a crap because the owners are sissies.
-
Sox asking price for Buehrle
Good for Kenny. Keep asking for the moon, because eventually someone will get more desparate than we are.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:28 AM) There is, they did not allow Arod to take less money to go to the Red Sox. Its not exactly the same as ARod wanted to modify his current contract, but it is an instance of the union sticking its nose into contract negoitiations. It was an already agreed upon contract. There is a big difference there.
-
July Wallpaper
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 01:22 PM) Aw cmon... Buehrle's doing well this month. Fair enough, and I will say excellent work as usual
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:22 AM) He has to be. Why give a hometown discount and then not stay in the hometown. I think the whole reason for Mark doing this is cause he wants to stay here. There are millions and millions of reasons for him to go elsewhere, yet he is choosing to work something out here. The no trade clause should be a no brainer. Oh, but to answer your question, no I haven't heard anything. Then again I don't know anyone either. Sometimes I think we are the only ones
-
2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread
The Everett article was interesting for a couple of reasons... Ben Davis is still playing? Wow, who knew? Second, if Danny Graves can get into the low 90's again, he could help out a major league club in the pen.
-
500 for The Big Hurt
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 03:06 PM) Uhh.. he ain't comming back. They retired Baines before he stopped playing, they can sure as hell do the same for Frank. They said they screwed up by retiring Baines number while he was still playing, and they wouldn't do that again.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 6/28/07 (W)
How crazy is it to win a game by four runs when your 1-2-3 go 0-13 with 5 K's and 6 LOB?