Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Buehrle Fest
Any word on if Mark is asking for some kind of a "no trade" clause?
-
Ichiro deserves his own thread
Boston is really going to like having him as their centerfielder for the next 5 years...
-
2007 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:54 PM) Biggio just got hit #3000. Good for him .. stealing Frank's thunder This was the first time in MLB history that a 500th HR and 3000th hit have happened on the same day.
-
Nicest/Favorite Park
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:51 AM) You know, we were one section over and 15 rows down from that guy and he wasn't really a problem for us. I don't know why he didn't bug me - I mean, I go INSANE every team I hear that goddamned "HOT DOG!!!!!" vendor on a Sox broadcast, you'd think that drumtard would've caused me to blow a gasket. Didn't happen, though. The Operatic Hot Dog vendor of Detroit is my sworn mortal enemy. Vengence will be mine. The Cleveland drummer only annoys the s*** out of me.
-
You See, Cubs Fans Run Onto The Field BUT>>>
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 12:09 PM) and he will be processed under those new laws that we're put in place. I'm not sure what he'll get though since he didn't make contact with anyone. The Cubs are trying to get them not to charge him with the new "fan" law, but instead felony criminal trespassing.
-
Craig Biggio
Congrats to Biggio on #3000
-
White Sox Winner!
Nice to see the final score. I didn't get to watch the game, but it was nice to see us gets some runs off of Kazmir for the second straight time, and to finish off the sweep.
-
6/26 Games
QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:31 PM) Btw, I just noticed the "Best thread ever" link in your sig, and I love it. Just read all 11 pages of that thread, and it brings back some great memories. The sad thing is that thread is shorter than most of the White Sox loser threads...
-
Andy Sisco now starting?
Did I miss the thread about this? Too bad it took them half a season to do this. The only way this kid is going to get his repititions and work on his secondary pitches is if they put him into the rotation. Good move.
-
Gavin Floyd
Would Gavin Floyd versus Jon Garland comparisons be fair here? It took Jon a while to really get "it". One of the knocks against Jon was his mental make up and his propensity for the big inning early on. Stuff was never a question with Garland, just whether or not he had the stones to be a big time pitcher. Thoughts?
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 01:55 PM) Oh yeah... That guy, right? I miss that blog.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 01:28 PM) Who's Porkchop? Its Murcies super-secret alterego... Shh don't tell anyone
-
This is why we have an illegal immigration problem.
QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 12:56 PM) If they had any balls they would break it into pieces and pass the bill, or not, one item at a time. the idea that it needs to be one, huge comprehensive bill is just assanine, and just used so they can TRY and hide all the different loopholes they want. That might be the best post in this whole thread.
-
500 for The Big Hurt
QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 12:40 PM) YESSS BIG FRANK! I have $200 bet with my dad that he will be a 1st ballot HOF. My dad thinks that he won't make it lol! He should just give me the money now! That's a gimmie... See if your dad wants to put another $200 on the line! Congrats to Frank
-
Senate votes to raise CAFE standards
The funny thing is the refiners are already using this and Ethanol as an excuse not to expand refining capacity.
-
GOP Primaries/Candidates thread
QUOTE(ROC Sox Fan @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 09:48 PM) Where's the Ron Paul love? I think I would rather see Ross Perot run again...
-
Gettysburg
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:32 AM) My family and I hopped in the RV when I was 12-13 (mid 90's) and hit up most of the Civil War sites. Gettysburg was cool, although the town sorta detracts from everything (too touristy). I watched the Gettysburg film with Jeff Daniels on the drive there and remember being very informed about what happened. The coolest part I think was that hill that they defended for so long. I remember walking around that area and looking at the crazy slope those guys ran up just to get shot down. If anyone is interested in this stuff, I think my favorite is the battlefield museum at Vicksburg. The driving tour was awesome. Little Round Top is the spot you are talking about. The coolest story I heard during our tour was about the General who abandoned the top of that spot thinking his troops would be better served at a different spot on the battlefield (Sickles I think) and then the story about the CSA and the Union troops literally racing up the side of this hill to try to claim it. I couldn't believe the scale of everything there. The pictures, movies, and history books don't do the area justice. It is so emmense. It is really something I have never experienced before. I can't wait to go back and stay for a while.
-
July Wallpaper
I still say we need to pass on the Soxtalk curse to other teams instead of our own guys... Can we get a Johan Santana for the August Wallpaper?
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:34 AM) Don't let Levine off the hook...He stated NOTHING is taking place while everyone is flying to Florida. The desiree to get the Scoop is powerful and makes men do studpid things. Just like Sinatra...only got involved when JFK needed hookers! Other than that Peter Lawford took care of it. Can you just see Kenny belting out? I DID IT MY WAY, b****ES!!!
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:28 AM) According to Barry Rozner, the latest round of negotiations started when Reinsdorf ok'd going to 4 years on the deal. That is a real positive sign. If Jerry is involved, that means something big is brewing. The chairman only gets involved in the big stuff.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:13 AM) Sine LA has inquired about Dye, any possibility they go together to LA? I'm sure KW's first choice would be to deal these guys to NL teams, so it is possible. They have the chips to do something like this.
-
Andy Gonzalez: SuperSub or Superman?
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:49 AM) I've been out of town a lot and unable to watch the games. How is gonzalez defensively in CF? Because if he is halfway decent out there, then maybe he becomes the 4th OF next year. He's looked solid to me. He seems to have decent reads and OK range.
-
Buehrle Fest
QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:13 AM) I'm sure the deadline has everything to do with trades He must have gotten a really nice offer in the last 24-48 hours...
-
Please Post Your Questions for Chris Carter
Do you watch the box scores of the teams at levels above the place where you are playing to see how your competition is doing?
-
Gettysburg
Has anyone ever made the trip out to Gettysburg? I went last week, and it was incredible. I'd be curious to hear other people's impressions of the site.