Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 02:53 AM) You might be the only person in the history of the world who didn't care for Rooney. Not only was John Rooney good, but he was so good, he made Ed Farmer "listenable." That is the best compliment I could think of.
  2. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 02:04 AM) Battling back from a 3-0 count to strike out Lopez was f***ing sick. That AB was huge. After that he just started raring back and hammering the zone with the fastball. "Hit me if you can. By the way, you can't."
  3. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 09:17 PM) I spent $25 on my last haircut. There aren't many in this world I trust to cut my hair, I have no problem paying a little more if it means it'll get done right. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 09:20 PM) I pay $8. $8 in Iowa = $25 in Illinios. Its time inflation from going from 1963 where Heads lives to 2007 where the rest of us live.
  4. QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 03:10 PM) Babies are expensive. You'd think their clothes would be cheap because they're small, but not true. And diapers. One of my friends recently had triplets (!). And, honestly, I can't imagine how they afford diapers and food much less clothes. TESTIFY!!!
  5. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 10:07 AM) And another 200 points down to start the day. How about that last hour?
  6. Contreras is so out there door, it isn't even funny.
  7. QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 09:59 AM) First of all, I have always thought that Hawk doesn't respect DJ. You can just feel it. Nevertheless, you can hear the difference in Hawk's voice where he respects the insights his partner has, and that clearly is the case with Stone. It reminds me of the Hawk/Drysdale days back in the 80s when I was a kid. Personally I say we don't renew Singleton and put DJ with Farmer and hire Stone if possible. The last two games have been extremely fun to watch them work together and things have flowed incredibly well between the both of them. Unlike some in this forum I think Hawk is amongst the best. I live out of the country so I watch all games on MLB.TV and I see what the other teams have...very few are as good as Hawk if any. Interested to hear what others have thought about the last two games??? I agree with you 100%. Hawk has zero respect for Jackson, and it makes for a terrible team. Stone and Hawk respect each other and it really makes both of them sound better. I would love to have this as our #1 combination for announcing.
  8. What a recovery by Buckvich. Its sad, but he is our #1 set up guy right now.
  9. I'd rather have Uribe playing SS. I don't think Fields would have the range to play it everyday.
  10. Bobby is 3 batters from tying the AL record held by.... David Wells.
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 04:39 PM) The float. I can't recall the last time I wrote a check. That's not a smart idea anymore. The 10/22 laws mean they can take money out of your account instantly, instead of when the bank is presented with the check.
  12. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 03:41 PM) So anyone's rear end get busted today on the 400 point drop? It's going to be a wild ride for a while, I think. Too bad it wasn't real money as I put on a 1475/1525 strangle yesterday in the SPs in my work test account. I was up 10K today.
  13. I don't really think Pods would be "helping" anyone right now...
  14. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 09:40 PM) Weird. Everyone writes checks here, especially at the grocery store. No one complains about it either. Jackasses. We live life just a little bit faster here in the big city
  15. Eric Byrnes getting 10 million dollars a year pretty much means the Sox are going to install Jerry Owens as the starting CF in 2008.
  16. And the best part is that he is doing it without the 100 mph fastball. He has become such a good pitcher over the last year or so, it is impressive.
  17. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:22 PM) Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone hold up the line by writing on a completely blank check. You f***ing asshole/b****. You know the store is going to take your check, the date isn't going to change so the write the stuff out ahead of time and balance your damn book AFTER you leave the store. My hero
  18. If we trade Pods, we are going to get something like we got for Mackowiak or Iguchi, maybe less. I don't know why you would expect more?
  19. I like the way the kid takes the mound. He really has a nice presence out there for a guy who came out of no where.
  20. So did he actually say no, or did he just laugh?
  21. I don't know where to put this, so I will throw this out here.... Anyone notice the similarities between the unions and the religious right? Both are far wings of their party who are by far the most vocal and work the hardest to get the vote out. They seem to be the most out of touch with the rest of the moderates in their parties in many of their views, yet the politicians know they have to pander to them, or they don't have a chance at getting re-elected.
  22. What a f***ing day! We went from meandering around unchanged early, to up about 180 points before 2pm, to unchanged, to back up 150 points before the close. Forget stocks, the VIX is the place to be.
  23. No doubt in my mind that lots of the injuries and the down pitching years are results of the long season last year for the Tigers, just like 06 was for us. I like the analogy.
  24. I guess more specifically, why would you still write checks in a supermarket in front of me in line? Also, what does 707 or 7o7 mean in text?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.