Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:40 PM) 8/3: OF Anderson Gomes placed on suspended list 8/3: C William Killian acquired from TEX and added to Kannapolis roster Any info on what happened with Gomes? Is it a personal problem, or a drug suspension?
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 04:19 PM) Is it that difficult to expect that a team like Detroit with a very young pitching staff might have these issues, with guys like Verlander, Zumaya, Miller, and so on having to adapt to throwing more and harder innings as the year goes by and getting hit a little harder as the temps warm up? But I was told when it happened to the Sox in 06, it had nothing to do with that kind of stuff? I am so confused
  3. QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 10:59 PM) Yes it will. If A-Rod ends this year with 510, and hits exactly 40 a year for the next 10 years, he'll end up with 810. Scary. QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 11:55 PM) Check your math Anyway, congratulations to Alex. If the kid didn't have Scott Borass as his agent, he would be one of the most popular players of all time.
  4. I just can't hate Bonds as much as a lot of people. To act like Barry was alone in this somehow is silly. The entire game for the last 20 years or so has been tainted by this crap. If you want to throw Bonds records out, you would probably need to throw out a whole hell of a lot more people as well. I don't like it much, but it is the truth.
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:34 PM) But he also seems like he has so much fun playing the game too. If his body holds up, might he just keep doing it because he likes it? Think about Maddux, what else does he have to prove or to earn? He could have retired 3 years a go a guaranteed HOF with loaded bank accounts, but it sure seems like he enjoys getting his butt out on the mound. I've never really paid attention to Maddux, or his attitude on life, but to me Mark doesn't need baseball to be happy. He would be just as happy with his family or in a deerstand, as he is on the mound.
  6. I have seen enough out of Fields to make him a starter for me in 08, whether that is in LF or 3B doesn't matter to me. The kid has potential, he just needs his ABs to round off the rough edges.
  7. Buehrle doesn't have the ego to win 300. He will retire when he feels like he has played long enough and made enough money. He's not the kind of guy who is going to look at a big round number as something that defines his life. He'll walk away long before he gets to 300, and never look back.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:19 PM) I doubt there's any team in the big leagues which uses "Work quickly on the mound" as a mantra as much as the Sox. And strangely...it keeps working. It really keeps the hitters guessing. I don't know what the difference in the extra couple of seconds is, but it works.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    I finally saw the Simpsons movie last night. It was very good, and make sure you stay for all of the credits.
  10. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:15 PM) Thing is, I think he's got the right idea. A targeted sweep of the mountains along the Afghan-Paki border would have been something worth doing, instead of backing out of Afghanistan so we could fight in Iraq. We'll see in a week or so, when polls come out covering this period, how much it is or isn't effecting him. It might sound good to some, but we are talking about a pre-emptive military invasion of an ally. At least Iraq was our enemy and thumbing their nose at the entire world, what has Pakistan done to us? You can bet if this was said by someone like Mitt or McCain, the spin would be vicious and entirely different.
  11. So Obama is only in favor of a pre-emptive war/invasion if it is with one of our allies? I gotta say, he hasn't had a good looking week this week. The Clinton media machine is tearing him a new one.
  12. Contreras is not getting released. We'll pick up another teams bad contract before we do something like that.
  13. QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:59 PM) You can say it to me first. Nice outing for Floyd. Hope he can finally find his groove. I want the Sox to win more than I want to be right. QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:14 PM) Classy of you to post this. Floyd showed a big glimpse of his talent this afternoon, let's hope he continues to progress as you stated. Yes indeed. Not many people who would admit that. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:20 PM) Pitched inside, used his change a bit more often and showed the poise to pitch over some bad calls/defense. I think all of those things show just how much more confident he was today. He needs to string several good starts together in a row now, but he was terrific today. Like I said in the game thread, hopefully this will be the confident boost needed to go along with the talent that he does have. They also have him working much quicker, which really keeps the batters off balance. He had Maggs especially look as bad as anyone ever does.
  14. There is a lot better energy to the team with all of the kids and veterans worried about jobs in the line up. I really like the progress that guys like Richar, Fields, and Owens are making in a short amount of time.
  15. Wow, was that some pitching today! Don't look now, but it looks like the pen might be turning a corner... And how about Gavin Floyd?
  16. I think you need this guy http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm
  17. Can you blame Santana for being pissed? This is a second half ballclub, whose time is running out, and they deal their starting second baseman and leadoff hitter for nothing. Hopefully they screw with Nathan and Hunter too, so that they all leave and go elsewhere.
  18. Too bad Roger Gadell isn't in charge of the MLB. At least we'd know Dukes would be hitting the road by now.
  19. Wow, this is two years in a row the Tigers have fallen apart in the second half.
  20. Damn. That is about as painful of an injury as you can have.
  21. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 09:02 PM) What's cooler than being cool? http://www.thegagechicago.com/
  22. QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 11:45 AM) Sounds like her mom is a piece of work. I'm not sure saying something to her mom would actually accomplish anything. If I were her, I would continue being estranged from her and thank my lucky stars I don't have to deal with Cpt. Crazy. I agree 100%. Cut her out, and leave her to wallow in her own misery.
  23. Carter was just voted the best power prospect in his league
  24. But, but, we don't have any prospects....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.