Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Who are some options for us at SS in 2008
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:58 AM) Yeah, but how much money? Boras money? Cause that's what it's going to take. I'd put money on Williams inquiring about Rodriguez, scoffing at the asking price, crying poor, and then claiming he gave it an honest go--hence, White Sox baseball. They have gone after the guy on more than one occasion now, so the money must be there somewhere. I know the mistaken stereotype of the non-spending White Sox is a popular one, but they have made real attempts at getting this guy on multiple occasions.
-
Justin Verlander's $3,000 carton of chocolate milk
At least the kid lived up to his bargain...
-
Who are some options for us at SS in 2008
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:03 AM) Anyone thing the Sox will go after A-Rod if he opts out of his contract? I know he's going to be ridiculously expensive, but Kenny him. Then the IF could be Konerko, new 2B, A-Rod and Fields. Not saying it's going to happen, just wondering if anyone is considering him. I'd put money on it.
-
Podsednik to start minor league rehab assignment tomorrow
The Sox were 24-6 last year when Pods stole a base in a game. I don't know what it means, but we need more stats like that this year.
-
Crede Out Again, Possible DL Trip (per Score)
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 10:55 AM) Funny thing about saying this is that it gives a real nice excuse for a bad start. What if the start was the start and the back was fine? Easy way to explain s***ty numbers come arbitration time next year as oppossed to the fact hat Joe isn't nearly the player he and Boras thought he was. Why would you assume that he is lying instead of the obvious fact that the whole world can see? That makes zero sence to me.
-
It's okay when it's someone else's daughter...
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:16 AM) Am I living under a rock? I have no idea who this person is or what this is all about. I hadn't heard about this before it was posted here either...
-
June Wallpaper
Soxtalk Walpaper Curse> SI cover curse
-
The Greg Walker thread
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 10:46 PM) Too bad we don't have a "Greg Walker Lynch Mob thread" that we could put this in... I live to merge threads.
-
White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/6/07 (L)
- June 4th, The 18th anniversary of Tiananmen Sq
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 07:30 AM) Amazing that was almost 20 years ago. That's what I was thinking as well. I remember watching unfold live on CNN like it was yesterday.- Crede Out Again, Possible DL Trip (per Score)
They just need to give Joe the two weeks off and call up Fields.- Build a Story with Lyrics
- Why no one else is making gasoline
Which means they don't see this as a permanent shift in the demand curve, which really puzzles me, because I do. The factors for this shift aren't a temporary shortage like in the 70's, but a real life demand movement accross the board. I wonder if it is more to do with the PITA of getting a refinery done in the US today?- Why no one else is making gasoline
Its kind of interesting, but it never hit me that anyone can build a refinery, but NOBODY is actually doing it. Remember there is tons of money on the sidelines in private equity funds that is begging to be invested, and no one has applied for a new permit. http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/05/news/econo...dex.htm?cnn=yes- Saw the Knights last night
I love the minor league experience. Its too bad so many guys lose that component of their personality when they hit the majors.- Akon throws kid off the stage at a concert
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 03:32 AM) wish I knew who the ef Akon is. ^^^- GOP Primaries/Candidates thread
Guess who has a website and wants money? http://www.imwithfred.com/- Happy Birthday to the one who says "Ni"
Happy #34 Knightni- Sox won't trade for prospects....
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 02:51 PM) If you read the article in today's Trib with KW's full quotes, you will see what a moron this MLBTRADERUMORS guy is. KW did NOT say he would not be trading for prospects. He said right now that is not his focus, but he also hinted as usual at being open to whatever happens. That site is just trash ,trash trash. ^ The gist of the article was that Kenny wasn't about to White Flag the season. The rest of it is just crap.- Open For Business
BYOP Bring your own playstation.- RockRaines has got some competition...
QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:40 PM) How about mine in comparison? Its scarier than The Grudge and The Ring combined.- Andy Katz: Donovan wants to go back to Florida
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:26 AM) Supposedly, the NBA might ban him from going to the NBA for 5 years... To me, that's a fair move.- Mike Lowell for Third Base next year?
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:23 PM) Patience and understanding are two qualities you will not find in a lot of fans here. Only for our own points of view... at this very moment QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:23 PM) Adam Dunn is a very good offensive player. He has a .900 career OPS and his minor league numbers blow Josh Fields away. To say the Dunn is the worst Fields will do is just...I don't know...well, all I can say is that Dunn would be a very best case scenario for Fields performance. It's not like FIelds has insane power -- his numbers are fairly pedestrian for hitting Charlotte. That's pretty much how I feel. Dunn is an incredible home run hitter. If Fields was THAT good, he would be here already.- Mike Lowell for Third Base next year?
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:14 PM) Prediction: Josh Fields goes 0-4 with 3Ks opening day 2008. Soxtalk starts "Dump Josh Fields thread" next day. Nah, I would even bet it is Bearsox starting the thread! I like Fields chances a couple of years down the road, but 40 homers? Wow. I'll be thrilled if he peaks out at Crede's best numbers, and plays solid defense.- AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 12:03 PM) Good point. I think if anyone could deserve such a contract it'd be Mark, it'll be interesting to see if they'll go that long with him, my guess is they wont, who knows though. Since Jaime Navarro was here the only guy I would have considered anything longer than a 3 year deal for would have been Colon. In retrospect, I would have been really wrong, as he has been hurt a bunch. Buehrle is the only other guy I think deserves that consideration on our squad right now. I might extend to 4 for Garland if the deal was right, but that's it. Mark Buehrle I could see giving a 5 or 6 year deal if the price was right. - June 4th, The 18th anniversary of Tiananmen Sq