Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. FWIW, this pic is on the cover of the NY Times today.
  2. Cute. I guess all that preaching about it not making a difference which side did what was made in a glass house. I am glad to see we are back to crimes mattering though, all though I am sure that will go out of vogue about the time of the first investigation of a Dem, as usual. And you are right about one thing, the phrase is hypocrite. 8 years ago all that mattered was their wasn't a reason to even start investigating, not that a crime was committed, and now, not so much... Whatever. It doesn't surprise me at all, and I don't expect anything more from here.
  3. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 02:45 PM) So now you would have the best of both worlds . . . The uber-ethical Dems have proven that they are exactly like the Repubs they lashed out at for so long. It comes as no surprise to me. To be honest, I full expect a legitmate attempt at an impeachment trial of someone soon. Heck how many times did we hear Cheney was being indicted already, and that was before they Dems had any power. But you keep telling me how evil the Republicians are, and how just the Dems are.
  4. George Harrison Jeff Lynne Bob Dylan Tom Petty Roy Orbison Nevermind... I don't know where I got Clapton from
  5. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 02:11 PM) DARIN ERSTAD, isn't that one of the reasons they brought him in? He's supposed to be Gload except capable of playing the OF as well. how about a back up first baseman that is right handed?
  6. Didn't Clapton play with them? Or am I losing it?
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:55 PM) Same as Clinton IIRC. So what record on impeachments can one be referring too?
  8. LMAO! Who knew first base was such an incredibly tough postion to play? Seriously, this is all killing me. First we hear about incredibly important Toby Hall is going to be to hitting all of the tough lefties we are going to face. Then when we try to figure out another way to get him into the line up, its the dumbest thing ever, even though we are putting him at the easiest fielding position know to mankind. It was a freak accident. Nothing more, nothing less.
  9. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:59 PM) Yeah bulls***. If you really think I disagree with every move Guillen has made then you're not reading my posts. I just commended Ozzie for picking Danks as the 5th starter but no, that's completely overlooked right? Yeah I thought so. I was picking more on the theme here than any one person. Anytime something bad happens, there is a 10 page thread with the usual supspects blaming Ozzie for everything in the world up to global warming, with the usual suspects taking up the other side where Ozzie can do no wrong. Its like there can be no middle ground, and it makes for terrible threads.
  10. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:21 PM) Like I said, if ARod could rid himself of New York and add $30M guaranteed dollars and 2 years onto his deal I don't see why he wouldn't do it. This is the same guy who was ready to take a pay cut just to get out of Texas. Even that puts his deal at closer to $140 million than $120 million (20 mil a year).
  11. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:51 PM) That's f***ing great. Now we lose one of the upgrades we got this offseason, AND we get to listen to people blame Ozzie to make themselves feel better. So who is a bigger villan, George W Bush or Ozzie Gullien? The World may never know. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:55 PM) It has nothing to do with making myself feel better, why can't you just accept that some people are going to disagree with ALL OF the moves that Ozzie makes? Especially those as disastrous as this one. I still don't see the upside in playing your incredibly important backup catcher at a position he has no experience at for a few innings and yes 1B is a much more dangerous position for a guy like Hall than catcher. Edited for accuracy. And to answer your question, because it makes for piss poor discussion when every single problem with an organziation is blamed pretty much on one person.
  12. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 01:42 PM) This administration's track record with accountability says otherwise, though. How many impeachment trials has the Bush admin had?
  13. QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 07:12 PM) Pardon me for coming in late; is May 26 the Core of the Core thing? yes it is.
  14. I am going to the patio party and the softball game.
  15. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 12:41 PM) $20M over 6 years $380K $380K ------- $20.76M $11M over 5 years $5M over ? years $12M over 3-4 years ------- $28M Predicting production over several years with this bunch is nearly impossible, way too many intangibles. Rodriguez will get way more than $20 million a year, or he won't opt out of his deal. The thing with Borass is his guys for the highest per year average to set the curve for his other players. He has got to be near $30 million or he isn't going anywhere.
  16. QUOTE(Vance Law @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 12:35 PM) Which would cost more? Which would produce more on the field? ARod Fields Sweeney or Crede Uribe Dye Anything with Rodriguez on the field will cost more... The production part is a toss up.
  17. Ah I can't wait. The first pitch is seven days and 40 minutes away
  18. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 11:44 AM) I don't know, I've personally felt Rodriguez would rather remain in the American league to transition to DH in the latter years of any contract. I honestly believe one of Miguel Cabrera, Ichiro Suzuki, or Alex Rodriguez will be a White Sox. And that doesn't mean in 10 years when they're on the tail ends of their careers, but within the immediate future. I really think you are on to something. If you add the aquisition of tons of young pitching, combined with the Sox not talking to their potential FAs, and the KW trademark of trying to make the big splash, along with Kenny trying to get Alex on at least two different occasions, I think there is fire here. It just makes too much sense.
  19. So does Tracey have a chance of sticking with the O's out of spring training?
  20. This only makes too much sense if you think like Kenny Williams. Kenny loves the big splash, and has tried to get Rodrigez on at least two occasions that we know about.
  21. 94. I think this team is closer than they are being given credit for.
  22. Wow. How could you not do a physical on a guy who was 10 mph under his historical norms? That goes past buyer beware, and straight into negligence.
  23. Wow, this would be an awesome show to go see. Its kinda weird that I broke out the Traveling Wilbury's CD this weekend...
  24. southsider2k5 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    FINALLY! Damn I can't wait.
  25. I was crate trained, I don't mess in the house anymore.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.