Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Steve Jobs received stock options w/o approval
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 11:41 AM) When it comes to Enron some of the people that got robbed the most were employees of Arthur Anderson and all the partners and principals of that company because it was a crying shame that they got closed down (and years later it came out that they should have never been forced to close, but unfortunately, it was too little too late and now we have the Big 4). Andersen was a victim of no one but itself. They were negligent at best in the Enron investigations, if not complicit. The two companies were in bed with each other, and AA wasn't going to do anything to piss off its biggest client. Even if they feds hadn't have cracked them, the horrible PR would have bankrupted them anyway.
-
Dominick's $4.99 Pizza
Definate thumbs up, just get there early, because they can and do sell out.
-
Your Attorney General
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 11:19 AM) The AG shouldn't be one, but just running through my head, I'm having difficulty remembering any AG in recent years who hasn't gone out of their way to try to protect the President. Am I wrong in that? Not at all. And that goes back a LONG way.
-
Your Attorney General
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 10:58 AM) While I'd be curious about that too, I am having trouble seeing what possible context could make that quote acceptable. Its a little scary to me, in fact. This AG and our previous one have both been pretty off their rockers. I could see it in reference to non-citizens (illegals), but that is about it.
-
Steve Jobs received stock options w/o approval
Like I said, I have read the basics of the Enron thing at various times, but I am looking forward to this book for a little more in-depth stuff. What I do know was this wasn't nearly what that is saying. They were creating shell companies which they hid from their auditors, shareholders, and everybody else to hide their losses.
-
2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 10:35 AM) And FOx News is already out to get Obama. Get this... OMG! HE'S A SMOKER! How can he be a good president if he smokes???? No presidents have EVER smoked before! Oh, and he's black too! That's only why people are paying attention to him. http://mediamatters.org/items/200701180010 Actually this was out a week ago from other news sources. I know I read it in one of the Chicago newspapers before, I believe it was the Sun-Times, because they were talking about how smoking gives him that dreamy gravely voice.
-
USA Today
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 10:33 AM) Yeah. Jon Rauch Jason Grilli Gary Majewski Kip Wells Keith Foulke Bobby Howry Scott Eyre All of them washed up former White Sox prospects, and, while I'm too lazy to look, I'm just going to assume that none of them are in the big leagues any more. Interesting to note, all of those players were pitchers. The Sox big success when it comes to producing major leaguers is position players.
-
Your Attorney General
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 09:53 AM) The White House counsel who once called the Geneva Convention "quaint" said the following this week while testifying before Congress. The Attorney General of the United States is responsible for enforcing the laws and constitution of the United States. What is this in reference too? What is the context of the quote?
-
The Official [SCRUBS] Thread
Seriously one of the best episodes ever. Well written, and well researched with the bits they took out of other musicals.
-
The Office
I was mildly disappointed. I thought the Staples angle would be way funnier and last a little longer. I also expected them to drag out Andy's demise a little longer at the sametime, but the pranks were excellent.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 09:00 AM) I believe all the musical numbers are written and performed by They Might Be Giants. Ah I do like TMBG, but that bit always bugs me, and since it is on like 50 times an hour, it has moved into pet peeve territory.
-
Twins going to arbit with 4 players potentially
SWEET!!! hopefully they piss these guys off and they all leave for the NL! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16659515/
-
You know you're in Cali when...
- USA Today
- Catch-All Anything Thread
The Dunkin Donuts Latte/"FreTailian" commerical is one of the dumbest ever. Anyone ever stop to think that "Latte" isn't an English word either? Idiots.- For GOP only
I guess this goes under, I was for it, before I was against it... http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/inbeltway.htm- Steve Jobs received stock options w/o approval
QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 02:37 PM) anyone read that huge story on enron in the new yorker? it was pretty interesting. I've actually bought a $2 book on Enron from barnes and noble.com that I can't wait to read. The irony is that in a post-Enron world, something like this has barely gotten notice, dispite all of the "oddities" which are surrounding it.- Steve Jobs received stock options w/o approval
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 04:29 PM) TIFWIW, but Apple's internal investigation says nothing bad happened. Big shocker there. Interesting to note, one Al Gore, who led the charge against Microsoft in the anti-trust case and then ended up on the Apple Board of Directors was one of a full two person committee who cleared Steve Jobs of wrong-doing in this matter. http://www.dealbreaker.com/2007/01/al_gore..._the_backda.php http://users2.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?m...ured_stories_hs Another link here with more of the timeline info... http://louminatti.blogspot.com/2007/01/al-...-applegate.html- We're all going to die!
I have been waiting like a whole day and I am still alive!- For GOP only
Now ABC is catching on the potential fireworks between the two biggest kids on the block... http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/sto...3960&page=1- 2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 11:36 AM) In our office, we have a governmental affairs department (read: lobbyists, more or less), and they have a subscription to a political newspaper that comes out of Washington. I forget the name of it right now, I should go over there and look, but in it, it was saying that Dan Quayle should run in this environment, because he'd actually be a good candidate in the current climate. I laughed at the notion, and yet, it's almost true. Nice thought, but not a snowballs chance in LA. DQ has already been savaged as a complete idiot, and dispite actually having a resume as a true conservative, without the albatross of Iraq on his back, no one will be able to rebuild his image to win.- For GOP only
This is an interesting combo, Newt and Rudy on the rebuilding of Iraq. http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110009514- Warm weather slams oil
The energies are getting beat up again. Crude has made a run down to 50.05 before bouncing back to the old support line of 50.50. Gasoline is under 1.3500, with heating oil and natural gas also taking big losses today. The fun number for today is the big round number of $50.00 If crude can close under that, expect OPEC to act quickly, to try to stop the bleeding. If they do not, we could be talking limbo... How low can you go?- Bobby Hebert: "If you don't root for the Saints, you're n
QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 09:40 AM) Boers and Bersie have had the BEST stance on this topic and the most well thought out. Yes it might bring "civic pride" to N.O. if they win, but it will not rebuild the city. It will not bring back the "chocolate city" the mayor wants. They can say it far more equivalently than I can, but that is the jist of their comments. That's pretty much exactly what they said on MJH last night.- 2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 09:19 AM) Plus a Prez election amidst a failing war. And add a potentially viable Hispanic candidate to the female and african american ones. I must say, I'm looking forward to it. McCain, like Edwards-Kerry-Clinton-Gore, is I think seen as old news. Not something different. As for hitting the pavement, I am already looking into doing that very thing for Richardson. I've been involved in politics at various levels, but I've never hit the bricks for a Prez candidate, and I want to see how that works. McCain has a small chance of emerging as different, but unless he does something drastic, he isn't my first choice by a long shot. That Edwards blog posting literally scared the s*** out of me regarding him. I haven't seen that scary by a serious canditate since Ross Perot was running with his horribly destructive economic plan the first time around.