Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:53 PM) I won't go see it. Don't like the idea. That's pretty much what I see. Freedom of Speech saids you allow it, unless they are encouraging the killing of the President. My personal feeling is that I would never pay to see it, and probably wouldn't even watch it if it were free.
  2. I wonder if Tony has had another day to think "I could be up 3 games to none if I had a pair"?
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:11 PM) I'm so glad someone other than me made the joke...thanks guys! no problem... its what I do.
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:16 PM) I agree. I just thought it was funny thinking some company would be out there trying to hire ugly people with no social skills to save on benefits. Wait, I could use another job, that would be perfect for me. Interesting, I think your Freudian slip is showing. Do you like gladiator movies? Have you ever seen a grown man naked? . . . Surely you can't be serious?
  5. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:01 PM) You are just saying that because it's about to snow on your ass. I have I told you lately, that I hate you?
  6. Well I will say one thing, Rush should be an expert on what happens when you go without your meds.... Maybe we should be listening to him? Nah.
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:01 PM) I agree. And they will fight any effort to increase those costs. But thinking about it, if the person in the next cubicle is receiving benefits for their spouse, why shouldn't the person in the next cost the company the same thing? Is it possible for a company to target employees based on them not being likely to marry? Imagine that being challenged. They hire gays and ugly people because they want to avoid paying spousal benefits I'm not saying its right, I am just saying that is why companies have crappy rules about that kind of stuff. Its an expense, and as we all know, the bottom line is what matters to companies.
  8. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:51 AM) My youthful innocence in an evening of drinking as you relive your previous screen name . . . Seriously, South Padre Island is a great Spring Break spot. You really should plan a trip. SPI kicks much ass, as do many of the totally excellent beaches up and down the Texas gulf coast. I think everything from the Bolivar pennisula up past Galveston, all of the way down to Brownsville holds some of the best beaches I have ever seen.
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:55 AM) Typical selfish bastard... Have you seen the weather outside in the last month? Oh yeah I forgot someone just got back from Hawaii
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:53 AM) Or she can come here..... Shh... I want an excuse to go to Texas for a while
  11. I was happy to see Southwest is now flying direct to DFW. Now maybe we can see that little Kappling sometime soon
  12. QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:13 AM) So, I thought South Park was hilarious last night. But Satan, the Acura is a very nice car! The week before with cartman as Dog the Bounty Hunter combined with Ike sleeping with the Kindergarden teacher was a great episode. Instant classic IMO.
  13. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:02 AM) You should know first and foremost that I suffer a lack of both. So what do you have to lose? I'll second that
  14. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 09:23 AM) To follow up on the housing discussion and its effect on the economy, housing prices dropped 9.7% YOY in September, the largest drop in 35 years. But, the pace of sales has climbed the last two months. So, if the sales rise isn't a blip, it looks like the fall in prices is being immediately followed by a snap-up by consumers. That could spell good news for keeping the "housing recession" shallow and short. Or not. Hard to tell just yet. Without having a real good handle on the details of it... the term that comes to mind is dead cat bounce. The old saying goes if you drop a dead cat off of a building, it still does bounce up when it hits the ground. The problem is, the cat is still dead.
  15. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 05:07 PM) Boras isn't going to have the kind of leverage he usually does though. There is a finite period where the sides must agree on a contract or the player goes back to Japan and the team has to pay out no money. He also can't play one team off on another one. It may be as good of time as there ever will be dealing with Boras. That said, I agree the White Sox will most likelynot be competing for this guy's services. Good point, as the other part of that is if the team doesn't sign the player, they get their posting fee back, and they don't lose any money, plus the player can't go to a competing team.
  16. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 09:06 AM) So if the State of Tennessee and Canada went to war... who would win? The rest of North America? I kid, I kid.
  17. Well last night was the beginning of back-to-back nights I was a little nervous about going into the night, with public forums sponsored by the NAACP and then the League of Women voters. I was really thrilled with the way last night went. I got questions I was really well prepared on, and I think I reached the audience really well. After lots of stuff you get comments like "good job up there" and stuff like that. Last night I got compliments about how well thought out my answers were, and I answered really tough questions with good insight. It was neat to see this group asking by far the toughest questions out of any of the groups we have spoken in front of, and that is including the teachers and the Chamber of Commerce. I can't wait for tonight.
  18. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:48 PM) :headbang Wow. Now that is a comedy line up QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 03:59 PM) Turk, the janitor and Dr Cox are the best characters on the show. I've seen all 5 seasons episodes 3-4 times each..... cos I'm a loser. Dr Cox is my idol. He is all I strive to be in life.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 08:33 AM) As for total compensation packages you are right and that's the reason the Big 3 are losing money hand over fist and moving capacity to other countries. Its a double edged sword. We as a society say that we want high paying, secure jobs, with solid benefits. The problem is we don't support those companies with our dollars. We hear about the evils of Wal-Mart, but if people still shopped at the local pharmacy, they would still be in business. Its the samething with the auto industry. If people really believe what they say about supporting American jobs, and keeping jobs in America, their shopping habits would be way different. The reason that American auto jobs have moved out of country is because we get killed by cheaper overseas steel and cheaper labor. The only way to counter that, if American's are buying the cheaper products, is to find a way to cut costs yourself.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:32 PM) Actually Toyota pays, on average, a higher wage than GM and Ford union shops. The drive to unionize Toyota has had a side effect of making sure Toyota employees are well taken care of. As a result, KY's Toyota plant can't get more than 40% of the employees on board for the UAW. A higher wage. How about a full compensation package? I'll tell you right now, its not even close.
  21. It will only get sweeter as time goes by, and some of the younger fans realize exactly how special and unique something like a world title is. I hope you all really soaked it all in and enjoyed it for all its worth.
  22. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 04:02 PM) ghre It happens for heterosexual couples, so a person should assume (or as one poster prefers ASSume , it would happen in this case as well. But if an employer is willing to hire you and offer these benefits, why should they care who you extend them to? Could you imagine an employer making a statement I don't approve of your spouse and thusly will not extend benefits? Benefits are expensive. Most companies pay just as much in benefits to an employee as they do in salary. That's why its the first thing companies look at cutting when the times get tough.
  23. QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 11:14 AM) If they don't already have TRiO (it's a federally funded program that mentors kids from young ages (elementary) all way up to getting into graduate school. Like I said, I don't know if MC has any of the TRiO program, but I have a friend that works on it up in Minnesota and it seems successful. In case you're interested here's the link. Thanks for the link... I am going to look up our exsisting programs and see how it compares, and if it is something that is feasible here. Also on a personal note, I want to send an extreme thanks, this time publically to all those who sent in donations to aid my campaign. This has been an incredible learning experience for me, and really a potentially life changing experience for me. No matter the amount, large or small, it has all been a huge help, and not only that, but a great boost of confidence to know that other people believe enough to send in something out of their own pockets. Thanks again!
  24. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 02:14 PM) Not so fast SS2K. While Ford and GM move manufacturing capacity to places like Canada and Mexico as fast as they can, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Nissan are opening up plants in the midwest and southeast. Seems nowadays if you want to buy American you should get yourself one of those shiny new Toyotas as American cars are American in name only. That's why I laugh when I see GM's latest ad campaign featuring "This is our country" by John Mellencamp. They must think we're stupid or something. Tell me one that has offered anything near the compensation packages that the US companies have.
  25. Unless of course as a condition for approving the trade, MLB did in fact say that the money has to follow Alex Rodriguez no matter where he goes. I do believe that is the debate now. it seems as if ordinarily it would not have to be so, but in this particular case, baseball said it had to be this way in order to approve the trade, for whatever reason, and both teams did in fact agree to this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.