Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Sox interested in A-Rod?
QUOTE(Adam G @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 10:04 AM) Texas is already picking up a big chunk of it. But NY is under no obligation to pass that money on if they trade Arod.
-
MLB has new tentative CBA
No world wide draft? No trading of draft picks? No slotted salaries for draft picks? No salary floor/ceiling? No HGH testing? Meh, glad to see Bud really pushing to change things that need fixing...
-
Daisuke Matsuzaka
If the Sox sign a Japanese pitcher this off season, it won't be Matsuzaka... It will be either Hiroki Kuroda or Kazumi Saito, the later who actually put up better numbers than Matsuzaka.
-
Blagojevich and Topinka
Smoking gun or smoking pile of crap? http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/112524.php?co...ontentId=228251
-
Stocks and investing thread
So the Dow goes over 12,100 yesterday with another big trading day... Don't expect much right now as the fed is meeting which means zzzzzz from stocks until the announcement is made. The big note from yesterday in the world of big round numbers is that Berkshire Hathaway closed at $100,000 per Class A share yesterday for the first time ever. When Warren Buffett took over the company in 1965 the stock was at $18 a share, or a return of 555,500% on that original share price... not bad.
-
Jeff Skilling gets 24 years for Enron fraud.
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 07:34 PM) Where's the conspiracy posts that Cheney got him in the "witness protection" (ahem... ;) ) program the day before he died? He must not have saved enough money from Enron to invest in a Presidental pardon... QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 10:12 PM) True, and hard to determine what is appropriate. But when you add up the thousands of people bilked out of their retirements and/or their jobs and/or the value of their company stock, you can't help but come to the conclusion that he and Lay (and Fastow too if he hadn't cut a deal) should have been getting more than a slap on the wrist. DING! You really want to prevent corporate fraud, let every individual who lost their job or income because of these guys count as one charge in the indictment against these people. If a guy goes on a killing spree they don't just indict him on one thing, why should white collar crime be any different? Next up should be civil suits against the individuals for their damages.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 11:05 AM) Looks like I landed a job with the Daily Herald sports department. Congratulations
-
Ken Macha Fired
QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:24 PM) Good place for Busty Daker Interesting idea... bad philosophical fit. This views of offense and pitching are very different than Oaklands.
-
Detroit Tigers World Series Thread
A pic from SI.com... July 20th against YOUR Chicago White Sox which we just happened to lose 2-1...
-
Detroit Tigers World Series Thread
I can't believe that the Cards are not screaming from the rooftops about this BS. Its completely obvious that was pinetar on his hand and not "dirt".
-
For GOP only
My new favorite quote of all-time Justice Scalia http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/J/JUD...-10-21-20-02-29
-
For Dems only.
Worst.Kept.Secret.Ever.
-
The Office
Great episode last night with the Pretzel Day... only 364 more days...
-
Halloween costumes
For Vegas you could do something really wrong and dress up like Rep Foley somehow...
-
Kim regrets/sorry about test?
He regrets pissing off everyone, not getting bribed to quit, and the test failing.
-
Vote Republican or Die
And I guess its refreshing to know that on the other side of the fence there are just as many narrowminded stereotyping elitists with nothing better to do than call people names rather than actually contribute anything to the discussion.
-
For Dems only.
QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:40 PM) I love Obama, but I think running in '8 is a mistake. Establish a senate record and run at the next open opportunity. A Senate record is exactly what he doesn't want/need. The more votes you make, the more chances you give the other side to tear you apart.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:16 PM) Desmond=Jesus? No, no... Desmond has a barrel in the marketplace.
-
For GOP only
A little old, but appropriate...
-
Fear of Flying
I have no fear of flying... its the hitting the ground at a high rate of speed which I fear
-
For Dems only.
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 11:51 AM) So, it turns out Obama may be seriously looking at a Prez run in '08... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politic...ll=chi-news-hed I must say I'm surprised. As I've said, given he earlier was adamant about not running, I thought in his case, that would stick. I may have been very wrong on this one. I am going to intrude into here to reiterate that he has been looking "Presidential" for quite a while now... Barack has been leaving way too many open doors for a guy with no interest in running this during this cycle. I even heard speculation that it could simply be trying to pump up his book sales ala Powell, but I don't think that is it.
-
Elementary school bans "tag"
To be perfectly honest... I am surprised it took this long.
-
MERC buys CBOT
I agree with you totally. I have been saying for years the guys on these exchanges need to bury the grudge if they are going to make it through the 21st century. Let's face it the NY futures markets are complete garbage technologically, so really Chicago has no challenge in the US. They are looking at places like London and Tokyo for competition when it comes to futures markets. Like I said before, if they really want to take the next step, they need to pretty much merge all of the Chicago financial centers... The rest of the world couldn't come close to that monster.
-
Stocks and investing thread
Dow opened up over the 12,000 level... lets see if it holds.
-
Remember Gerry Studds?
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 07:47 AM) You are a sick bastard. Sick, but funny. Hey, we need a soxtalk candidate for Congress. Meh, half of you morons wouldn't vote for me anyways