Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Guess who owns next door to Barak... Its indicted Blago buddy Antoin Rezko
  2. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) Does anyoen in their right minds seriously think that ARod would actually be able and willing to use his out clause? 32, 33 year old SS/3B might be worth a lot to some teams, but is he seriously going to get anything remotely close to $25 million a year? He might get half that on the market next year if he used his out clause. More specifically, they want him to demand a trade so that the Yankees can trade him without ARod making any additional demands, i.e. another year on his contract or something insane like that. I believe by that stage of his contract he is into the $29 million per year portion of his deal.
  4. The Yankees are not ruling out trading ARod, but want him to ask to be traded. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6124268
  5. Rumor has it there is a Sheffield trade in place as we speak, and that it is an American league team... http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6124630
  6. This thread should definately be in filibuster.
  7. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:14 AM) We're also thinking condo in Harbor Island, SC. Looks fun, cheap, and relaxing. As a matter of a fact, ask for the honeymoon suite in this place. They are really well priced, you get a great view of both falls, are walking distance from the main strip, had excellent staff, and was a really quiet hotel. http://www.niagarafallshotels.com/brock/
  8. The Yankees wish... They would have to throw in one of the dominican/venezuelan young arms before there would even be a converstation started.
  9. I really hope they find the low lifes who started this blaze and let the families of the firefighters get after them.
  10. I saved my great-grandparents antique dining room table and buffet from being sold off by my aunt after it has unbeknownst to the rest of us, sat in an unclimate controled storage unit for two years The only reason I found out about it was I called to invite them to Madison's first birthday party this weekend, and she just happen to casually ask if I knew someone interested in it. I am glad I was there in person, or someone would have gotten choked. Both pieces are just beautiful piece of furnature and I can't wait until they get put back together again and in my dining room.
  11. Heck where you live, drive up to Niagra Falls, get a honeymoon suite at one of the hotels on the Candian side and live it up. $2500 will get you far up there.
  12. Its different. Its always different. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 05:40 AM) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15197832/ I'm with Cheat's opinion... And to answer Cheat's question: 7% of the entire Army have college degrees. I couldn't help but notice that you picked the one branch of the military that on average as the lowest educational numbers historically... interesting.
  13. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 10:46 AM) Neither have I. I'm also not a registered voter. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I've heard it does. I am a registered voter, and have been since the 1992 election.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    National Geographic is the only one I really get a chance to read monthly. Most of my other reading time is either the news on the net, the Chicago Tribune, or my book du jour.
  15. In Africa this is way too common still, and part of the problem is the lack of education allows crazy myths to take hold that end up killing tons of people. There are widespread beliefs in things like having sex with virgins curing AIDS, AIDS was being spread in innoculation shots, etc.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I have never been called to Jury Duty. True Story.
  17. QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 09:55 AM) If there were a way to get both Young and Akinori Otsuka from Texas, that would be great. Would Texas trade Akinori Otsuka? Are we throwing in Jenks?
  18. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 06:47 AM) How many episodes do you give a show before giving up? A new show might not even get one episode. I would reconsider if I hear things from people who have similar tastes whom I trust, but I don't give much of a chance.
  19. Cool idea. They should also make a spot for Borchard's longest HR in the history of the park.
  20. I know everyone is really worried about payroll as usual, and I am not quite sure why. We do this dance every year about it, and it always follows total revenues, that never changes. The Sox are going to have all of their season tickets sold again for 2007, plus about an extra $5 million from their new suites/club seats. With the huge increase in attendance last year, plus the new revenue sources, the Sox could very well be looking at a payroll in the $120 million neighborhood if they find players to their liking. I would bet money it is at least $110 million.
  21. Hmm, I wonder if someone is counting this as a vocational program...
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 09:26 AM) It's a prerequisite. All musical tastes aside, I can't imagine dropping $500 for a ticket, only to PLAN to get arrested, and run into how much more in fines, lawyers, etc. There are much better ways to make your points... like I don't know... DON'T BUY ANY BARBARA STREISAND CRAP?!?!? Meh, what do I know anyway.
  23. Have you seen what it costs to go to one of her shows? you'd have to be a complete idiot to spend that kind of money to get thrown out and arrested.
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 01:30 PM) Does anyone know why they started using softer woods? Didn't bats used to be made of ash? They used to be made of ash primarily, but hitters have switched to maple because for its size, it is lighter, getting them through the hitting zone quicker.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.