Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. My press release hit the papers today yeah!
  2. http://www.michigancityin.com/articles/200.../06/news/n3.txt
  3. QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 01:30 PM) Can't we all just get along?! You have to be careful where you ask for spotted dick in the can, you might get mace. Its sad, but true.
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 12:20 PM) My grocery store has these specialty items and I was browsing, and saw that and had to double and triple check. I'm wondering of DePloder has a special recipe for spotted dick or just prefers it hot out of the microwave. Well maybe he just likes it in the can?
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 11:02 AM) Quit making excuses and just call this spade a spade. They are sick bastard pedophiles. An older person in a position of power on a playing field with another - but younger - niave ADULT is again not even on the same planet for a comparison to be made. Umm what excuses? You are reading WAY to far into the post and finding something that isn't there. My point is that they are both indeed pedophiles, yet we as a society only really scorn one of them. I don't know where you are getting the crap about excusing the behavior in either case, and if it is there I would like you to point it out. I also didn't speak of consenting adults in any case. Go back and reread the original post, it refers specifically to cases where one of the parties is underage, as does the post I replied to from NSS referring to the classroom situation.
  6. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:05 PM) By the way...hasn't anyone noted that there are people who wanted to be done with Brian Anderson at many points this year...yet now the vaunted Marlins scouting department, the same folks who were somehow able to put together a nearly .500 team on $16 million after taking the Cubs, Mets, and Red Sox for everything they could get...now want that same Brian Anderson? It's almost as though they see something they like from the kid... QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:51 PM) It's also funny how Anderson is getting lumped in with Baldelli and Kemp, that's some damn good talent to be in the same sentence with. Thanks to both of you.
  7. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) Look at the situations lately with 30-something female teachers and 16 year old males. Yeah, they got in trouble. But the public outcry was minimal. I mean heck, look at some of those threads on this board when they happened - guys here were too pre-occupied deciding whether or not they'd "hit that" to notice it was technically rape. This is actually the situation which came to my mind last night when I started thinking about it. To me it is the same basic idea. An older person is in a position of power, and uses that power to put themselves into situations to take advantage of younger, usually more naive people
  8. Just to twist the conversation in to a different philosophical area I have a couple questions for you all... Would the reaction to this situation have been different if the page had been a female of the same age? Also what would the reaction have been if the situation had been a female representative and male page?
  9. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 04:13 PM) Todd Jones >>> Zumaya Maybe for the Sox!
  10. QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 02:23 PM) Ah yes, what doesn't the government tell us. I would imagine that there is a warehouse somewhere with documents upon documents that weren't released to the American people. Actually, it's probably shredded, burned and buried. Let's not make this a Bush thing...it's a government thing. The government thinks that what the American people don't know won't hurt us...and sometimes they may be right. And COME ON, do you not think that EVERY president since at least Carter hasn't heard that something like 9/11 would happen? That's 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans...no bias there. So friggity what? You want to make a change and do something about it? Get into politics. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I would be willing to bet there are at least 1000 reports just like this one highlight potential terrorist targets in the USA right now. As a matter of a fact, even if GWB or BC had a stroke of luck and stopped 9-11 from happening, there would have eventually been another attack. Hell, I would put money today that saids we will see another attack that will kill as many people or more than 9-11 did before the end of this decade. There isn't a doubt in my mind.
  11. Fun blog I stumbled accross from another site I frequent... http://gunsnbutter.typepad.com/gunsnbutter...tists_al_g.html Link to front page http://www.gunsnbutter.com/
  12. LOL. You're only like two days late on this one
  13. QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 10:26 AM) except 75% of white sox fans apparently. If there is anything I have learned about baseball, its moderation is the key. There really aren't too many fence setters for some reason... Its like you either have to believe the guy is the next coming of Willie Mays, or he needs to be taken out back and put down Old Yeller style. I tend to think Brian is going to be in the upper 25% of CFs once his batting eye develops a little better. I still view him along the samelines as Joe Crede, we might have to wait a while, but it will be pretty when it is done.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to FlaSoxxJim's topic in SLaM
    It could be worse, you could be a Muslim
  15. Something tells me we have seen this poster before... who were you before you got banned?
  16. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 09:04 AM) No, but I wonder how some people here would react if I made a reference to putting a buddy jesus in a noose and hang it from my windshield mirror here. Something tells me it wouldn't be with laughter. Thought it might end up in an NYC art mueseum...
  17. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:21 PM) The Konerko thing is entirely speculation, and in my opinion is grasping for straws. Its not speculation, and its not got anything to do with Thomas, this is right from Konerko's mouth. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...sp&c_id=mlb That said nothing about Frank Thomas, and everything about what Konerko thinks about Jim Thome.
  18. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:52 AM) i want to know who that other guy who was caged is? and where did he come from etc? And more importantly is the other dude ever coming back? Remember that is the cage they put Kate into after she got done with Ben.
  19. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:40 PM) Have you seen him play 3B? He sucks there. I would rather have Fields at 3B. If you can't play 3B, what makes you think he can play SS? Alex Rodriguez saids "hi"
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:37 AM) Damn, so you were once a Democrat Eh, once a trouble maker, always a troublemaker.
  21. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:13 AM) Common, tell the story. We want to be certain our candidate for School Board sin't hiding a terrorist past The funny thing is that the trip in 9th grade wasn't even the first time I pissed off a politician, that was 8th grade... but that is yet another story Anywho... We took about a dozen kids down to page for our local rep and state sens (Mary K Budak and Dennis Neary). At the time, they were hugely cutting the education budget coming out of the infamous double dip recession, and the story in MC was that to make the projected budget we would have to cut all extra curriculiar activities including things like newspaper, band, athletics, prom etc. EVERYTHING was going to go. So when we went down there our rep actually managed to get us a 5 minute meeting with Governor Evan Bayh. Well when we got taken into his office, he did everything he could not to answer questions, instead he started talking about the history of his office, who put what picture up etc... boring. Well guess who the guy who interupted him and said, "Mr Governor, we don't really care about that stuff. We wanted to ask you about the education cuts." We were literally out of his office in under 30 seconds from the point he started his pathetic evasive answer back to me (tough choices, we don't really want too etc). I know the vast majority of you have never been in the Indiana state capital building, but it consists of two floors, with the second floor kind having openings in the middle of areas that look down onto the first floor. Well one of the elementary schools had all signed a banner that read something about saving our funding, so we took that banner from Budak and draped it down that it could be seen over the ledge and onto the first (main) floor. The governors bodyguard who had escorted us out of his office only minutes before came out and informed us that such protests were illegal, snatched the banner back up off of the ledge, and informed us that we must immediately exit the capital building, or face arrest. Needless to say, we left.
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:12 AM) Yea.. That stuff I sent to you... it's still going on. That and there are some serious departmental integrity issues. I'm not a "number plugger". Welcome back to the mainland! The Sox are out, and your job still sucks Hey at least we have the Bears right? Anyways, I guess you sending out an analysis on how much they are costing the company would be even funniers, seeing as how you aren't a "number plugger", wouldn't it? I have 7 workdays to go until I start my new job, and damn I can't wait to get out of here. This place sucks right now. Its a shame because its a cool job, but this place is pretty much dead and buried.
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:00 AM) Here's a question, why are there 16-year old pages? I thought the program was more of a college thing than a High School? Timing would be bad to do it now, but I think the program should be limited to 18-year olds and up*. *And to make it palatable for the congressmen, they must be smokin' hot. I don't know how different programs work, but I paged in 6th and 9th grades at the Indiana state house... granted it was in 9th grade I pissed off the Gov, and we ended up getting asked to leave the capitol building, but hey that's another story.
  24. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:54 AM) Oh I wish I had the balls. I'm this/close to making another move in the very near future. Might be time to retire... Ah, so it hasn't gotten any better? That sucks.
  25. I am going to say this right now... there would be about 29 teams who would be interested in Brian Anderson. The guy is going to be good, and everyone in baseball knows it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.