Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(mskli @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:51 PM) He gone....
  2. QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:49 PM) Juan has no chance at all here
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 01:47 PM) You have a plaza actually called "Wal-Mart Plaza"?? Hicks! Pfft. Like you have all of your teeth or something...
  4. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:25 PM) Yeah, but is Lighthouse Place ok? I haven't heard anything either way to be honest... They did say one of the stores in Wal-Mart plaza got hit by lightning and burned down.
  5. QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:10 PM) You live the good life steff, I can only hope my "real world" is something like that, Steff totally needs a reality show. It would be the coolest thing since Laguna Beach...
  6. QUOTE(mskli @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:28 AM) no Pudge/Thames/Infante Jim Leyland must be the worst manager on the planet for resting 3 of his starters against the White Sox... QUOTE(dagotony06 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:41 AM) Long time lurker, first time poster. It seems like a great site, hoepfully I can contribute something to it.Let's get this win today and split this series, and have some momentum going into this huge weekend series against the Twins. Let's take it to Robertson early, and give Big Jon a cushion to work with. Welcome to Soxtalk
  7. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) better start printing up those new science textbooks I just hope they didn't start last week...
  8. Am I the only who would root for pretty much anyone besides Detroit? I think after all of the years of Tigers/Pistons/RedWings/Lions/Vipers hating, I couldn't ever root FOR a Detroit team, even if it were against someone like the Yankees or Red Sox... I think the only exception I could make would be against the Cubs, and since that could only happen in the World Series, I don't have to worry about that one...
  9. St Louis designated Timo Perez for assignment yesterday, our CF back up problems are solved!
  10. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:11 AM) Now do I go with the Double Cheeseburger, the Beef, or a Chopped Salad? Chopped salad? At Portillos? What the heck is wrong with you????
  11. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:29 AM) Yeah, that whole area of 12 was really nicely surrounded by trees as soon as you get East of the mills all the way to Michigan City. I can imagine that taking a while to clean up. Wonder if Dad had the car outside. He never got the hail damage fixed from the last one of those about 5 years ago (he kept the insurance check). IIRC your family was from the Valpo area right? It didn't sound like they got it nearly as bad as we did. Basically if you took a line right down the Porter/Laporte county line, that sounds like the path of the storm.
  12. In the thread about Pluto losing planetary status... QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) ...and in other news today...it was announced that the ACLU has filed suit in federal court on Pluto's behalf to keep it's 'planet' status. In a statement issued today the ACLU stated that it can't believe that in this day and age that size still matters.
  13. QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) ...and in other news today...it was announced that the ACLU has filed suit in federal court on Pluto's behalf to keep it's 'planet' status. In a statement issued today the ACLU stated that it can't believe that in this day and age that size still matters. QOTY!!!!
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) I used to bike through Beverly Shores a lot...really nice campground across route 12. My in-laws live a mile down the road in the Pines, and its a miracle their house is still there. There neighbors house got a big oak tree right through the middle of it. That area was just destroyed from the sounds of it. I am sure you remember all of the big old growth trees, that stuff just got tore up. HWY 12 has been impassible ever since the storm at 6 pm last night.
  15. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:36 AM) Buy a lot of Playtex, Mike? Either that or I work for a stock exchange And judging by my spelling of Playtex...
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:29 AM) Don't forget it's a great price for the amount of food you get too! yeah, $5.50 gets you a half chicken, a side, and a pita bread. In downtown Chicago that is a steal.
  17. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:16 AM) Assuming Thome is out for a few days, what about bringing up Fields to play 1b? Lets see what he's made of. He's been killing the ball in Triple A, hitting .311 with 18 homers and a .525 slugging percentage. If its only a few days, who do you plan on sending down or releasing in the meantime?
  18. Sara Lee owns platex and other apparel companies
  19. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:10 AM) Here, NS: Link Actually that is a really solid review. The guy who owns the place is a real nice guy, and the food/sauce is excellent. It is on Jackson Blvd between State and Plymouth Ct. As a man who takes lunch very seriously, it is a place that has a permanent spot on my radar.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Its Thursday so that means two double cheezburgers from the Billy Goat. This is definately acceptable.
  21. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 09:12 AM) raining cats and dogs . . . And trees, and golf ball sized hail, and ...
  22. So did they change the planetary definition again? I wonder what the new one is?
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:51 AM) Noted. Scardecat. Nah, just dog tired. Last night was a looooooong nite.
  24. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:45 AM) The guy was on the "short list" for three different crimes in three different states. Worth at the very least a look, IMO. I'm not weighing in on this particular case, because I don't know enough about it, I was just giving Tex a little perspective on his statement about people confessing to things that they didn't do.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.