Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Been there. Done that. I miss those days. My days are coming quickly and I can't wait
  2. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:22 AM) Am I the only fool at work today?? Downtown looks like a ghost town. Nope, stocks are open, I am here til the NYSE rings the bell
  3. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...an/3898585.html
  4. http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/26/peterson...r.ap/index.html one of the jurors in the Scott Peterson trial has begun corresponding with him...
  5. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) Ah, nothing wrong with a little home field advantage is there, Mr. 40K+?? Hey if the Sox can use the 10th man to their advantage...
  6. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 24, 2006 -> 03:59 PM) 2006 -- 4.74 5.12 2005 -- 4.35 4.73 2004 -- 4.64 5.04 2003 -- 4.52 4.92 2002 -- 4.46 4.85 2001 -- 4.47 4.90 Interesting. The league average is .40ish over those years, mean MB is above average. I'll bet a good chunk of that is because of his status as ace that means he sucks up more of those kind of situations where as a 5th starter would be pulled and not allowed to work through something like that.
  7. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:43 AM) You'd be pretty lonely in there. . . : Then again, you'd win all the debates! All a part of my master plan for Filibuster domination... Now if I could figure out a way to deport Cub fans...
  8. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:42 AM) Here's Hoping. BTW, there seems to be a screwy feature on the revamped site. Consecutive posts made by the same poster in a thread are automatically merged into a single post. At east that is my experience right now. Is this intentional? See? The reply to Queen in this post was actually it's own post, then the quip about the automerge was another. This line is supposed to be its own post as well, but I bet it gets merged as well. . . Yep. Is this a way to not carry on conversations with themselves in a thread?? We call it the Southsider rule ... In reality its to prevent spamming through running up your post count.
  9. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:21 AM) Hope we didn't scare you away. Fair warning, you'll need at leeast 40,000 posts under your belt before you're ready for the Filibuster. . . CORRECTED FOR ACCURACY
  10. Congratulations Gage
  11. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 25, 2006 -> 09:41 PM) They deleted it; I saw it earlier. LMAO! I guess they saw this and are still stalking over here
  12. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:12 AM) It's so sad that you know Cubs history like this. Almost, Cubsessive.
  13. Sounds good to me. Glad to see MLB didn't do something stupid and suspend AJ.
  14. Happy Birthday to three most excellent posters
  15. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 26, 2006 -> 02:29 AM) And it still is. Its even worse now under this scumbag Fox. Sorry dude, you are not even close in this characterization. There are problems under Fox, but isn't nearly as bad as the 71 years that PRI ran the country.
  16. Ah Balta, nice you to see you on my side for once
  17. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 07:10 PM) What has AJ ever done in the past to warrant a short leash? The guy has never had anger issues or any problems with the league office. Just because the man is an irritant to opponents does not mean he should serve a suspension for doing absolutely nothing. If you really want someone to have a short leesh you should take a look at Barrett who has had serious anger issues in the past. It's bulls*** that people continue to bring up AJ's "past" as a reason why he should serve a suspension when he's never had any issues that are relevant to this incident. I agree. When it comes to disapline problems the guy has a perfect record. He has never been suspended or involved in any indicdent where he initiated a fight or something like a bench clearing brawl.
  18. Ooops sorry about that... I totally misunderstood what Cubsessive was going for there...
  19. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:55 PM) That is not the same guy. Mr Tom Friendly aka The bearded man is actor MC Gainey. Desmond's partner in the hatch is Clancy Brown ( who is also Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants!) Cool. I wasn't sure about that, and it clears somethings up.
  20. QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:20 PM) They black out home games?? They drove off all of their good players and slashed payroll.
  21. I would agree that KC will find a way to blow this game... Who is starting for the Royalitos anyway?
  22. QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:33 PM) The Sun-Times has plenty of other ways to sell their paper. I prefer it over Tribune b/c it's easier to handle on buses and trains. I like the tabloid format. And that is exactly what turns me off about that rag. I like my newspaper to contain news, not sensationalism. Give me the Trib anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.
  23. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 25, 2006 -> 01:29 PM) As I started seeing what was happening (restating earnings for the three years prior to me being there due to a write off of receivables (ahem, no real basis for billed revenue) was my first clue) I was out of there PDQ. There were other "incidents". Was this the bankruptcy?
  24. QUOTE(bmags @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:10 PM) i don't quite understand...the guy in the hatch with desmond was the guy who trained Sayed to torture... Yes, it he also bears a striking resemblence at least to the fat guy who was seemingly leading the Others until Henry Gale showed back up.
  25. there is no team in MLB that has worse luck with injuries and off of the field problems. I almost feel sorry for them at times, but then again as they have done a Chicago Blackhawks move on their fanbase, I can't really feel that bad for them, because it is Karma that is kicking their ass.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.