Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 02:54 AM) Playing Touch Footy (basically rugby without the mauling, tackling) today in 90 degree heat showed me how much I really need to get into shape / fit. But I did have the honor of scoring the first try with a nice little dummy (I'm assuming nobody has any idea what I'm talkin about here). Nope we know exactly what you are talking about...
  2. Have a good one bloke
  3. QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:47 PM) i also thinks "Scrubs" is getting the shaft too early. i have the first 2 seasons on DVD and cry laughing every time i watch them. Wait Scrubs is getting axed
  4. QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:20 PM) Besides it does matter what position the soldiers were in when asked. If you ask a guy stuck in a foxhole with bullets flying over his head every day then hell yeah he's gonna want to leave. Now ask a bunch of supply people back at the bases who maybe see the good going on and they will tell you something different . again....you can take a poll over there and have it skewed to any side you want. And that really bears out when you read the section about what the percentages were by branch. The everyday people had much hirer levels than did the weekend warriors.
  5. I loved "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" for some reason.
  6. QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 02:09 PM) So, you're questioning the troops' courage and commitment, then? Yeah that's what I am doing... GMAFB. I am saying it is pretty obvious to me that the troops would rather be home than having their lives in danger in a foreign country. If you need to read between the lines and twist that into something else, have at it.
  7. Damn this stuff is way more interesting than the snippet that was posted... Those are strangle numbers for people who are repeating tours in Iraq. The troops think are are well armed and protected. They also think they are improving the daily lives over there. A majority thinks that the insurgency is coming from abroad, but at the sametime they don't think the insurgency would end if the borders could be completely sealed. At the sametime 80% still hold a favorable view of the Iraqi people. Interesting.
  8. Yeah I am sure the troops all want to be in Iraq fighting a war. Sounds like a great way to spend your time if you ask me... of course they want to be out of Iraq in a year. Hell I wonder how they found 29% of people who wanted to stay Also interesting... The weekenders want out quicker as opposed to the guys who are "in".
  9. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:30 PM) Heh, in little league I was on the Knights. Yes, we thoroughly sucked balls. I was #57. But I doubt Baj can pull the rare feat that I did....batting .100 with an OBP of .650. This was with at least 35 PA too. Has something like twenty stolen bases. Too bad I couldn't hit a ball if my life depended on it. That was my little league career to a T. I don't think I had a hit leave the infield, but still managed to lead the league in walks and steals almost every year. I got to be a pretty good bunter by the end to say the least.
  10. QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:07 PM) This entire graph changes if we start losing for some odd reason. How is that? You can't return tickets.
  11. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060228/ap_on_hi_te/google_stock
  12. http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_luskin/...00601270946.asp
  13. Wow. I gotta say that is an impressive amount of work you did
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 10:15 PM) My God...more than 1300 people died in the violence in Iraq Last week. The Iraqi government is saying that number is almost 1000 people too high. http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/28/...main/index.html
  15. To all of the catholics in the house... What are you giving up for lent, and what are you binging on today?
  16. Back on topic... I'm a 3rd generation Sox fan, working on molding a 4th Both sides of my family are from Chicago.
  17. Ah yes, remember this gem of a thread... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...41708&hl=cheney
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:42 PM) Pfffttt... Baj has a BIG mouth too. :rolly That's the beauty of it all... He didn't say a word
  19. QUOTE(rventura23 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:39 PM) The game worn jerseys that the sox sell sometimes are a great deal. I got a Cora game used jersey for only $50. Its a great jersey and cheaper than you could get at stores and it fits great. only problem is its hard to get current players that way (I also got a Wunsch for the same price). Yeah the main guys are way expensive and usually sold out. If you are looking for borderline guys or guys who have left the Sox, then the game worn jersies at the garage sale are the only way to go.
  20. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 03:19 PM) As much as I like Baj, is he even going to sniff this roster? Maybe, maybe not. I don't much care. I would rather wear the name of a class act on my back, vs some of the two bit ass clowns we used to seem to breed on the southside...
  21. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:56 PM) Why? Just because the guy leaves the team suddenly his jersey becomes useless? I still wear my Rowand jersey and will for as long as it fits. When I get my road grey Widger jersey I'll proudly wear that b**** forever. Dude, I still wear my Ventura 23 home jersey from the early ninties, from before they started putting names on the back of the jersies.
  22. Hollywood Loves the Left
  23. I saw in another place where they misgraded his test, Young retook the test and scored a 16 on it. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11590315/
  24. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:50 PM) Did you end up getting your BMac at soxtalk? I'm gonna order mine from granstand soon. So glad i waited for the number change. I loved how personable and passionate he was during the seminar at soxfest we were at, too. Seems like a real student of the game. I found a game worn road black Baj at Soxfest for $75. I couldn't pass that one up. Brandon is next on the list.
  25. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:49 PM) Velcro? That was my guess too, but I thought NASA invented it for some reason...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.