Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 02:52 PM) No matter all the wrong Jeff has done me :rolly ... I still like him. Damn did I miss one?
  2. Nuke is just angry and violent when he is sober
  3. QUOTE(Cknolls @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:44 PM) Why don't we tax these bastards on this money? If the banks don't comply, revoke their charters. Double taxation?
  4. I'm going to pin this to the front page for a while for the inevitable good-byes. People deserve to see this right away.
  5. QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:14 PM) The current "leaders" of the Democratic party are nutcases ... Nice irony there...
  6. QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 03:07 PM) I'm not a fan of theirs either. After reading some of the things Ivins has said in the past about Israel, I am surprised you give her the time of day.
  7. QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 02:24 PM) Wow, no kidding?? Yeah I have been in line at 3:30 in years past and missed out on the opening ceremonies. This year is only going to be worse.
  8. QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 01:43 PM) what time are you going to be getting there on friday? Hopefully no later than noon.
  9. I won't even waste my time reading her crap, agree with her or not.
  10. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 01:16 PM) Nah, they tried taking it away for a few months there, but I've redeemed myself enough to regain my title of "Noted Glam Scholar" again. Check the new member title
  11. Its hard to say for sure, but the fact that Jim and Pauly are both signing at the sametime should make it safe, but I wouldn't bet on it. Get up their as early as you can to be safe.
  12. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:42 PM) Jesus man, who peed in your cheerios? I was quoting Kal BTW. This isn't just for you Rock, but a point of contention for a lot of people lately. He's got a good point. Lots of kids who join this site are just that, kids. Some aren't ready for the level of knowledge that is at their fingertips here because they are used to arguing with people their own age. Even if you think it is juvenile, just ignore it. If the post is that bad it will quickly get buried by better material. If you are really concerned about the quality of material on the board, try to teach the kid to bring his level of knowledge up, instead of padding your own egos at his expense. Realize that these kids today are the fans of tomorrow. We should be trying to educate and make fans, and not chase people away, just to make you feel better than someone else. Grow up a little and be proactive. Take it to the next level and take the content of the board into your own hands.
  13. Lines start forming as soon as people get up out of bed on the weekends. it depends on how good the early signers are as to how early you want to get up. I would definately recommend 2-3 hours before the opening of the line if it is a primo player. As for Friday the people who are in line for the Opening ceremonies become the first people who get through into the fest. Everyone else goes in after them. if you want Paul or Thomes auto on Friday get there as early as you can.
  14. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 10:14 AM) Little do they know, Jeff Bajenaru is honored each and every day here at Soxtalk. Soxtalk: We Celebrate Mediocrity. Have you seen some of the posting around here lately?!?!? QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:35 PM) I'm pretty sure if any of you would ever get the chance to personally interact with the guy, or to talk with him, you'll understand why there's some of us that love the guy, and want to see him get his chance. Exactly. I doubt any of us really harbors the dillusion that Jeff is the next Mariano. What we do know is that Jeff is one hell of a guy who has taken time to talk to anyone on here who made the effort to talk to him. He has done chats for us, answered questions, and posts the goings on when he finds out something. In otherwords he is an all around good-guy and that makes him a sentimental favorite for some of us who perfer a guy like Baj to a completely self-absorbed toolbox who forgets who makes him rich and famous in the first place. See also Jim Bullard.
  15. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060125/D8FBKS1O0.html
  16. yeah there is no reason to turn this thread political. This has always been an apolitical photo op, and a neat memory for champions of all sports. No sense ruining this thread over something that isn't even there.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    Yeah, that's the sameone. She got her 15 minutes worth last night to say the least.
  18. I would like to know why Mexico has the money to fund these kind of programs, when they could be using these same pesos to improve the life of people IN Mexico so that they won't feel the desparate need to risk their lives coming to the US in the first place? Instead of developing their own peoples well-being, the programs under Vincente Fox seem to be more interested in turning Mexico into some sort of a minor league feeder system for the US.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    That black woman was my absolute favorite Idol contestant EVER! At one point after being told she wasn't going to Hollywood she said exactly this. "I know I am gonna make it big. You wanna know how? 10 of my motherf***in psycic friends told me so. So there!" I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes.
  20. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 25, 2006 -> 12:31 AM) Sweet. Baj is one of the classiest guys in the org and I can't wait for him to get a shot at the last bullpen spot this spring. Definately pulling for the man. ^^^ Cool to see Jeff getting some props.
  21. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Art...s/International I guess they need to work for Wal-Mart to get insurance now
  22. All right, eveyone had their fun.
  23. http://palousitics.blogspot.com/2006/01/wa...ise-impact.html
  24. QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 10:40 AM) I remember this little tidbit...back in the 80s-90s, Kirby Puckett was one of my favorite players. The year he came up for free agency, the Sox needed a CF and publicly claimed interest in acquiring Puckett. After he re-signed with the Twins, JR announced that the Sox had made a strong offer(s) to try to sign Puckett. Subsequently, in an interview, Puckett said that he had NEVER been contacted by anyone from the WhiteSox organization. Would JR lie? It's called "spin". I think Forbes was probably fed a line of b.s. from the Sox, and ran with it. NOTE (FOR ALL OF YOU WHO CANNOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH) THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION! Obviously I am intellectually inferior to Rock, Kyle, etc., so please bear with me. Thanks. Talking about his interest in a player is way different than saying he is cooking the books. You are accusing the White Sox of lying about their PnL with ZERO proof of anything, only your opinion. Saying things like that equate to slander, which is amusing because I would think as a fine attorney such as yourself would know better than to open yourself up to lawsuits, wouldn't you? Forbes gets data from Fortune 500 companies everyday. It is their job to know who is full of s***. They actual were the ones who challenged MLB when they said a great majority of teams were losing money before their last CBA. No one else did so. When it comes to looking at the books of a baseball team vs a multinational corporation, I think I trust Forbes over your slanderous opinion.
  25. QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 09:34 AM) If you had paid attention, I said IN MY OPINION, JR and the investors are making a sizable profit, and I DON'T BELIEVE them when they say they invest their profits back into the team! So you are calling the White Sox franchise and Forbes magazine liars? Interesting. Got anymore new material? I hear Carrot Top is working on his act again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.