Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
2006 Hall of Fame Ballot
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:46 AM) To answer your question, I say no. I don't think Harold will ever get into the hall. This is not anything against Baines, but it's an honest assessment on my part. ^^^ I loved Harold growning up and saw almost all of his career first hand. In my judgement there were way more dominant players such as Jim Rice who deserve to be in the HOF before Baines does.
-
Sox sign Javier Lopez and Steven Randolph
Isn't this almost exactly what Neal Cotts problem was when he was walking 6 guys per 9 innings?
-
Fat Tire available in Chicago
I am still waiting for them to get Shiner Boch up here...
-
Films
Finishing watching the 40 year old virgin last night and it was excellent. Easily one of the funniest movies I have seen this year.
-
I'm gonna miss the dumbest sox fan thread
Looks like you started your own...
-
Official Blackhawks Thread
QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:42 PM) Yea he is Rex Grossman now.Who are you to tell me what to do?You guys criticize the Hawks every damn time.So shut up. You gonna take your spacebar and go home too?
-
Corey Patterson
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:36 PM) Perfect term. Dusty DOES NOT teach the correct fundamentals. Exactly. He has no interest in rookies. He would much rather sit and watch the veterans pay, vs actually doing some managing and coaching. A raw guy like Patterson really suffers with a guy like that. I don't know if Patterson is coachable or not, but it would be interesting to have him spend a year somewhere like here, Minnesota, or Florida for example that stresses the fundimentals and see what happened.
-
Corey Patterson
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:22 PM) This is the problem. He's uncoachable. He insisted (stupidly) that NO Cub coach at ANY level talked to him about bunting or being a leadoff hitter. This is ridiculous. HE is ridiculous. The only chance the Orioles have to get anything from Patterson is to let him be the player he thinks he is. Let him flail crazily at anything and everything in the hopes of connecting, accept the 120 Ks per year and under NO circumstances ask him to do anything involving plate discipline or team play. Of course, the Orioles ARE in the position to allow him to play selfishly, since they are struggling to avoid last place in the AL East, so maybe "Corey with a K" can put up some meaningless numbers for them. The thing is for a guy with those tools, you give him one "Get out of Dusty free" card. Sometimes a change of scenery can be what sparks a guy. It very well could be that seeing him get dumped for crap opens his eyes a little bit. In that case, Baltimore is a big winner. In the case that he is the same old Korey, you drop him after one year, and all you lost was $3 million and two nothing prospects. Its a low-risk, high reward move that looks more like a Kenny Williams trademark move.
-
Brandon McCarthy on his number change
BTW, this question was answered also at whitesox.com. They are so far behind us....
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
Looks like we are going to settle around 11,011 on the day. Good news for the technical guys as that breaks a big BIG resistance point.
-
Brandon McCarthy on his number change
QUOTE(TheDudeAbides @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:38 PM) sweet. My friend told me not to get one until they sign mccarthy to a long term deal tho, because he got a garciaparra jersey right before he was traded to the scrubs Brandon is the Sox property for another 5 years without any choice of his. Get the jersey, he is going to be here a while
-
Brandon McCarthy on his number change
QUOTE(TheDudeAbides @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:33 PM) i want a mccarthy jersey so bad but now whitesox.com saying he could change his #. Bummer. He did. His dad officially told us that Brandon is going to combine his two favorite numbers (35&20) and go to 55
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
Geesh, more people stealing their ideas from Soxtalk
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
Last half hour of trading underway... 11 points under 11K now, lets see what the old Dow has in store for us.
-
Reporters leak story about reporter abduction
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/ne...t_id=1001808253
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 03:16 PM) So what exactly does that 2nd bit tell me? American's aren't buying as many cars as they did during the 2 months when Ford, GM, and Chrysler were running those massive employee pricing programs over the summer? That and the market is probably nil with all of the people who have bought cars in the last few years at 0 interest or with huge incentives.
-
Re-sign Contreras, trade Vazquez mid-season
QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 12:20 PM) I don't understand why so many of you "posters" are so concerned with team finances. The Sox are making a FORTUNE! The season ticket base is almost double from last year to this year...they are making a ton of $. They can't "cry poor" anymore! Find one item in print that proves this... just one.
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
Interesting bit that just hit the wires...
-
Name Change? Anything else needed?
QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:56 PM) Can I have my title read "Fred Manrique's Sidekick"? Not a problem.
-
Worst Films of 2005
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:47 PM) After all the time I have spent on message boards with REAL film experts, and all the time I spent reviewing movies in magazines and for websites I have come to one conclusion: Nobody knows crap about what makes a movie good and nobody can tell you what you should and shouldn't like. I quit reviewing movies because I finally came to the conclusion that I had no right to actually tell people what was good and what wasn't. All I could do was give a plot synopsis and an idea of what the movie was like. Personal opinion is all personal opinion. I like numerous movies being listed in this thread, and I don't like numerous movies being listed in the other thread, but my opinions are no more valid than anybody elses. I also got sick of the snobbery and elitism that people seem to find within movies and I got tired of being scoffed at for enjoying something as simple as a movie that was meant to do nothing more than take my mind away for 90 minutes. Some movies are meant to be simple and easy to mentally digest. I now review what I truely know, music, and I try to limit it to the style I know about, and to try and not force opinions onto people with those reviews. Excellent post
-
Burning down the Mouse
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5934500/detail.html
-
Bin Laden, Al Qaeda ordered attacks on Israel
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/09/0...1.0pm2jjra.html
-
Once again...Harry Belafonte opens big mouth
To me this is no different than Pat Robertson opening his stupid mouth. Neither one of these guys matters one iota for anything important.
-
US economy "stronger than people think"
QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:06 PM) It's moved right on through. We'll see if there's a sell off in about an hour. The last 30 minutes are all that matters. It will float around here for a while since it didn't start a technical computer driven selloff right away like it did for Dow10,000. We'll see if people are confident enough to go home long the down at 11k+ and multi year highs for the NASD and SP. I get the feeling we will either see about 11,050 or 10,950 by the end of the day.
-
Say one thing about the poster before you
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 02:00 PM) named after one of my favorite baseball players Totally frustrated and closeted