Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I wonder if they clued Steve Perry into the fact that he was at Game One of the World Series because those other 3 guys in the picture think he sucks?
  2. QUOTE(BMac41 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:37 AM) The Astros aren't the favorites for game 3 you moron Speaking of morons, you might want to brush up on the personal attacks policy during your 5 days off.
  3. Damn it looks like you guys took a direct hit. Hopefully you are all OK.
  4. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) The worst thing was when Lidge gave up the homer and McCarver said, "Why do things like this happen?" Now, I'm pretty sure he was just feeling bad for Lidge being a goat in two consecutive appearances, but that's crap analysis. How about the other side? Anyone have any theories as to why the announcers would be biased? I'm not certain they are. I'm guessing Astros fans probably think the announcers favor the Sox. As opposed to Ed Farmer on the radio explaining that the Astros should have used Lidge into the last game against the Cardinals to try and get him a positive experience instead of having his last game be the Pujols walk-off. Almost right away after that, Pods went yard. To me it was the epitomy of a good announcer vs a bad one. Farmio was offering excellent insight in the mentality, and what your thinking process should be after a tramatic loss, vs Buck and McCarver who were just whining after the fact.
  5. Since they synced up the radio broadcast to the cable broadcast I haven't listened to the Fox announcers at all. It has been all John and Ed for me
  6. I would encourage you to look at the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Rally Crede for redemption instead... They interfere less with baseball..
  7. QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:52 AM) If I had celebrity status, I'd have used it to go to last night's game. Its one thing if you are a huge White Sox fan, its another if you are just looking to be seen in the place to be. The first one I can understand, the second one just pisses me off.
  8. Well as a part of the Lamazze class, we got to see what the birthing suites look like, and thank God they have a nice 32 inch TV in there, so if baby decides to come early and during one of the World Series games, the wife won't have to figure out how to drive to the hospital while in labor.
  9. I wish I could go, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. But the wife is only about a week and a half from her due date, so its not really possible.
  10. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:52 AM) AO needs a job at FOX obviously. Maybe you just unmasked batman? AntonioOsuna=Joe Buck???? Conincidence? I think not.
  11. Damn Addy, you picked one hell of a game to get tickets too
  12. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:24 AM) But wouldn't it be sad without a sell out? 21,000 for a World Series game? I don't think finding someone to take Bernie Macs seat would have been a problem...
  13. Leave it to Soxtalk to throw a curveball at us... Originally we had planned on inducting the 3 highest vote totals into the Soxtalk Hall of Fame, class of 2005. Well right according to schedule, we ended up with a tie for 3rd place. Instead of breaking the tie, we decided to go ahead and induct both posters. The voting was incredibly close, with the #2 vote total and the #7 vote total, only being 3 votes apart with about 50 people sending in their votes. And without any further ado, here are your new Soxtalk Hall of Famers Texsox Flasoxxjim YASNY Greasywheels121 This is an incredible group, both for what they contribute to Soxtalk, and the people they are in real life, beyond this message board. I am proud of all of them, and the rest of the group who was on the ballot. Congratulations to all of them.
  14. I was just going to post this. Excellent article. Everyone of those assholes is taking a seat that could be occupied by someone who has followed this team with every ounce of their being, vs someone who just wants their 5 second on Fox, so the world doesn't forget that they exsist.
  15. Thank you CNBC... They are reporting that former board governor Ben Bernanke will be named to succeed Greenspan... LET THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN BEGIN!
  16. Wow, how could you put a price on something like that?
  17. I like the play because Aaron was erring on the side of aggresion. Most players go halfway and retreat to first after the ball is caught. Instead Aaron was making sure that what he thought was going to be an out, was going to be productive. He was makings sure that he was going to get into second base and into scoring position come hell or high water. It is a split second judgement call that has to be made quickly, and as one of the best CFs in the game today, I trust his judgement on if he thinks an OF can get to a ball or not.
  18. You are lucky I am a Soxtalk Admin and we aren't allowed to ban anyone without a tribal council meeting, or your torches would sooooo be extinguished by now
  19. QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:54 AM) Unless you're at Wrigley Field. I've never heard it done on any broadcast for the Cubs. When was the last time there was a BIG game at Wrigley Field?
  20. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Actually I prefer my economic news and opinion from Juggernot. I much prefer my social commentary instead...
  21. http://today.reuters.com/investing/finance...-19_N24427499:1 Rumors above Also the announcement will come at noon Chicago time.
  22. No word as to who is will be though.... As the resident economist, I am all kinds of excited [adjusts bowtie]
  23. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:22 AM) I have a friend who drunk calls Jeremy Piven - even though he doesn't know the actor. He gave me the phone number. Guess who drunk calls Jeremy Piven in two more wins? Sounds like me and Jeremy Piven have something in common
  24. QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:00 AM) Making God Bless America a new “tradition” at sports venues is a bad idea. If it ever really had any meaning for a mass sports audience, it faded within a few of months after 9/11/2001. But having Gene Honda instruct everyone in attendance to stand “for a show of patriotism” for this Irving Berlin ditty is downright presumptuous, insulting and shallow. (Not quite as peculiar as those times when we’re instructed to stand “for your Chevy Pride Crew,” though.) In place of God Bless America, I suggest the PA announcer request a moment of silence while he reads the names of our service members killed that week in service to their country. THAT might be a show of respect for the real patriots. SHE'S A COMMIE!! SHE HATES AMERICA!!
  25. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:07 PM) With that miracle off the bat of Podsednik, we can afford to take the loss against Oswalt the Unhittable. But, with that miracle off the bat of Podsednik, who knows what will happen. Everything is possible now. Wow, that was almost optimistic. There wasn't even a flat out loss prediction in there anywhere... Maybe I should be scared

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.