Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 08:42 AM) Actually the thing that intreagues me about Clement is his second half fades. This year he was 1-3 with an era of 6 in September. Last year he was 0-1 in Sept with a 7.36 era and was dropped from the rotation by the Cubs. 2003 he was 2-1 in Sept with a 4.45 era, but got murdered in the playoffs. His last 4 years totaled up he was 4-8 with an era of almost 6. It almost makes me wonder if that heavy slider he throws beats up his arm worse than we know, and he doesn't have anything left by the time he gets over 200 innings pitched. After yesterday I feeling pretty damned good about this bit of analysis [pats self on back]
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 07:41 AM) Very, very cool. What building is that, Mike? QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 07:46 AM) Blue Cross / Blue Shield And then I believe the tall building is/was the IBM building right? I don't get out of the financial district very often
  3. QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 03:27 AM) Scott Borass is his agent. There is zero chance of him signing the first offer he gets. I totally expect Millwood to get a multiyear $10 million/yr contract from someone else.
  4. QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 02:03 AM) Are they selling SRO tickets? They had 40,717 at the game yesterday, which is 1000 more than any other game they have had in 2005, so I would guess they sold 1000 SROs for the playoffs. I don't know if there is any way to verify that, but it is just an observation.
  5. QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 11:44 PM) I believe that's the same building that in 2000 said "SOX". I guess they have pride this time around too. I get off the train right there (or at least I am guessing that is Jackson and Michigan) and actually in 2000 the taller building next to it, also had something in lights. Maybe that is coming later.
  6. Nice bunt by Tads. Keep in mind that pods was perfect this year in stealing 3rd base...
  7. Let's get it started Pods
  8. Red Sox threaten do not score as Manny rolls one to the Rally Crede to end the first inning. No score, White Sox coming to bat
  9. You couldn't have thrown it out there any better. Geesh
  10. line out to Pauly to start it
  11. NOW SWITCH THE DAMN GAME!!!
  12. QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:04 PM) word up. STOP RALLYING YOU f***ING ASSHOLE PADRES. DAMN IT ISRINGHAUSEN WOULD YOU END THIS f***ING GAME
  13. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) 2 outs. It'll be over in a second. f*** that. I want to see the pregame stuff vs this worthless f***ing game
  14. WTF f***ING MLB.TV HAS THE f***ING CARDINALS GAME ON?!?!?!?
  15. QUOTE(CYGarland @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:59 PM) We'll see. I was there in 2000 and it was like a funeral home. I was there for Game One, and it was insane until they got down.
  16. QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:52 PM) hopefully the crowd is rocking today and everyday until we win the WS! the one thing i cant stand is a crowd that doesn't get involved especially when down. more of us & less of them! The crowd will be nuts, rest assured. They were loud as hell at the end of the year when only 20k were there... There will be 40k Sox fans, and you won't even be able to hear yourself think at the ballpark.
  17. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 02:40 PM) Eddy actually is at 285 which was his playing weight last year. I'll believe it when I see it. We are all well aware of Eddy's self admitted work ethic.
  18. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 01:41 PM) how are we going to divide our soxtalk playoff shares? i think posters with post counts 8,819 and above get a full share That means I get 4 shares right? Cool, I can really use it with the baby coming.
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 12:39 PM) I'm pretty sure it's Berman, Piazza, and someone other than Brantley who I can't remember. Rick Sutcliffe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.