Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(bulokis @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:24 AM) When is charlotte's season going to be over? If their season is almost done, then have him up here. I think thats a good idea to have him up here, pitch in long relief and ease him up in the bigs. Charlotte's season was over in April.
  2. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:16 AM) Nah, another run by this insipid moron would suit me just fine. No not at all. I want a canditate on the other side that will force this group to get back to some true conservative values that I believe in. I want to see them talking about smaller government, less taxes, less intrusion, etc. With Kerry all they will do is run another soundbyte campaign, with no substance in response to Kerry's "I'm not Bush" campaign.
  3. I chaperoned field trip there with my wife's upper level bio classes and it was really incredible. For you personally Jim, I would recommend it as a "must see". It is an awesome exhibit whether you are a complete layman like me, or way, way advanced in your knowledge. If you want some specifics let me know.
  4. I'd have to nickname this the "fathom" number.
  5. QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:19 AM) Do Christians even respect this dips*** anymore? Which commandement is "thou shalt not kill?" #2? #4? Not a chance. I have noticed the simiarities between Robertson and Bin Laden though. Both seem to like to hi-jack their peaceful religions for things that aren't even there, by means that are expressly forbidden by their respective religions.
  6. No I didn't... Got any details? Is it running again, if so when and where?
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Tons of stuff going on... House closing maybe in a week, working tons of OT at work to cover other people, baby stuff happening... But in a relatively good mood all things considered.
  8. I was half expecting a discrimination lawsuit to be mentioned in there... :rolly
  9. http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/08/2...reut/index.html
  10. One step closer to legal recognition of gay marriage http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/23/lesbian....s.ap/index.html
  11. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:10 PM) Is there any chance that you're not Brando? Too obvious. Not obvious at all... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=839878
  12. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:59 PM) Cool. Thanks a lot. They have always gotten their dogs at the Porter County Pound in Valpo. They have gotten 4 dogs there, and they all have been healthy, smart, and people friendly.
  13. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:40 PM) You can visit a f***ing McDonalds in Azerbeijan. f***ING AZERBEIJAN! 6% of the f***ing world knows Azerbeijan is a f***ing country! The other 94% just don't think it should be
  14. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/08/22/D8C595H80.html Someone needs to shoot Robertson... :rolly
  15. Happy Birthday Row
  16. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:23 PM) LOL I was gonna ask, if it was someone that had already been banned...seems like it for sure. No newbie comes on and posts that rapidly. Trust me, you don't have to even look at anything to know Brando's posts
  17. QUOTE(Yeast Confection @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:02 PM) 2004 Red Sox are a disgrace. /Worst-kept secret in the MLB. Hi Brando /worst kept secret on Soxtalk
  18. And my main man Andre Roy to protect them all...
  19. QUOTE(uncle_sanchez @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 05:29 PM) Hey I ve seen this kid play all his life.. (Hense the name.) he has surprised even those who expected him to be where he is now.. I ll make a prediction that by 2007 he will be taking a trip to Southside Chitown in september or so. java script:emoticon(':gosox1:') smilie Welcome to Soxtalk
  20. QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:23 PM) For the first 2 months of the season Contreras was our Best Pitcher. The reason his record isn't very good is because he got NO RUN SUPPORT. He struggled a little bit in June however he has picked it up recently. If you were to tell someone that Jose would have an ERA in the low 4's by this time at the start of the season they would be jumping for joy. ^ Exactly. I am thrilled with what we have gotten out of Contreras. And actually as well as he has pitched, I still think he would be the perfect guy to use out of the pen for the playoffs. Give him long relief and maybe some set up work. Think about that arm without having to hold anything back, or to work hitters thinking of later ABs. He could go with his A stuff for the whole outing.
  21. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:47 PM) Do you have any idea what the word trend means? Trend n. 1. The general direction in which something tends to move. 2. A general tendency or inclination. I said "If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation. Let me spell this out for you in case you didn't get your G.E.D. yet. If Mark Beurhle continues to pitch poorly....there might actually be a chance, small I'll admit, that he wouldn't make the playoff rotation. I may be 'short sighted' but I am not an idiot like some people around here. So technically it was just a shortsighted inflamatory post... That makes it all better.
  22. Its a tough thing. The problem is if we let people have the right to choose, do we take it back if we don't like the results? I wish I knew what public support for an Islamic style government was like there.
  23. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Mike...seeing as how you live in Michigan City and you probably know your "hood" well, what is the Animal Shelter there like (if you have ever been to it)? We want to adopt another dog and the shelters near my are going dry. I am not quite sure to be honest. We have all cats, and have dealt almost always with Frieds cat shelter or with Dr Reed, a vet in Porter. My in-laws have always adopted dogs though and they get them somewhere in Porter County, and have had awesome luck. Let me ask my wife or them and get you some info.
  24. Heck I would nominate AOL-Time Warner as the biggest bust of the internet craze

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.