southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: FutureSox Board
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Brantley: Garland is the All-Star starter
I am surprised that no one has said it yet, but my all-star dream is Jon Garland starting vs Dontrelle Willis
-
CRUISE WON'T TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST PRANKSTERS
That was mighty big of Tom... *Note this will be the only time you see Tom Cruise and Big used in the same sentance.
-
Sox Vs Cubs Bad Blood is Sox fault
:finger
-
McCarthy out of rotation; to bullpen as swingman
QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:29 AM) The sox definitely need a long man in the bullpen, someone who can eat innings, keep the team in the game and throw strikes when he gets in. Bmac makes sense. Esp as he's struggling a bit [in AAA and in the bigs]. Having him around the big league club [working with Cooper, et al, and having success a few innings at a time] could help get him back on track. It might only be a temporary thing. Then again, if it works out, having him up here throwing zeros for the club isn't a bad thing, even if it's from the bullpen With Hernandez on the DL, there is going to be a minimal need for a long guy. This is a mistake for Brandon, if we are going to go with 4 starters, we need to go with a guy who is a reliever, and let Brandon get his innings at AAA.
-
Dumba$$e$
QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:38 PM) "Speed never slumps" Speed hit .244 last year. I'd call that a year long slump. I like what Pods has brought this year, and I was skeptical for a long time. But anyone bashing Lee as abad fielder needs to pay attention, because the past 2 years he was a better fielder than Pods will ever be. Lee can throw you out. Pods cannot. I throw harder than Pods. Pods has had several plays this year where he didn't even move on a hit ball until it was way too late to make a play. Pods has brought a new dynamic to this team. A very important one. I'm glad we have it. But to suggest he's an improvement defensively, or to insinuate we lost in previous years because we had Lee is ludicrous. We lost in previous years because our bullpen sucked, our 5th starter sucked, and we played poor fundamental baseball. Nobody could bunt worth a s***. Carlos Lee is contending for NL MVP right now, and I for one am happy for him. I wish we still had him, he's a hell of a ballplayer. I wish we could have traded someone else. I wish we didn't have the dumb ass budget constraints that forced KW to jettison him in order to dump salary. Speed doesn't = batting average. Speed = 70 stolen bases.
-
White Sox the best team no one pays attention to
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Just because we might not have been caught doens't mean that we didn't deserve what we got when we did. Exactly. The whole, "it ain't wrong til you get caught" theory is half the problem with the country today.
-
McCarthy
QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) Then send him down. We're not doing him any favors by having him on the bench. He did well for 4 innings and then made a mental error in a bad situation. He'll learn. Get him out there now while we can afford for him to take his lumps. Its only two extra days, it doesn't make that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things. If its me, I make Brandon sit on the bench in between Mark Buehrle and AJ Pierz, and talk about nothing but the mental aspect of pitching.
-
Everybody loves a car wreck
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:26 PM) I don't see 2642 posts as something to be proud of. Most that number is just fluff, useless posts that are posted for no reason but to raise post counts. I'm not including Knightni in this or even Jabroni but there are a few people on the board lately that have been posting crap. ^Irony
-
Jason Stark
All right, all of the other stuff has been edited out, please stick to Mr Stark, thank you
-
Feel guilty for the polluting SUV?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/..._pay/index.html
-
Vote for All-City team 2005
You guys need to work on the All-Star team instead...
-
Durbin compares servicemen to Nazi's
Stop the presses, Rich Daley weighs in with his thoughts.... I would think he would be kinda busy with the indictments and the like flying around City Hall, and the potential collapse of the O'Hare expansion. http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3502171
-
Fantasy Football
I went ahead and joined... hopefully I didn't take anyones spot.
-
Everybody loves a car wreck
QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:05 PM) Take away Southsider's posts and that number drops to 8. Surprisingly I was barely on yesterday. Knightni had almost 200 posts, and Jabroni had 150. I had 50 posts yesterday, and only had the 10th highest total for the day. What is more impressive, a new Soxtalk posting record, or me not being a part of it????
-
If.... When Frank gets into the hall of fame...
Seriously, when Frank is elected, if we are still all here, we should organize a bus trip to Cooperstown.
-
Everybody loves a car wreck
2642 posts yesterday. I guess the old saying about not being able to look away from an accident is true. The post total from yesterday destroyed the old record July 28, 2004 when we totaled 2367 posts. No one can say you guys aren't prolific
-
Who Should We Fear Most
- Ex-Klansman convicted
Glad to see they convicted him of something. Too bad it took this long to happen.- Dave Miley: HE GAWN
That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Somebody should fire the GM who put that s***ty team together. :puke- 19 year old age limit
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:05 PM) Wait, wouldn't HSers be able tp play anyway, considering they would be 19 by the time they play in the NBA? If no, this would be effective this year right? So no HSers to the draft? You have to be that age by the day of the draft, not the start of the season.- OFFICIAL SOXTALK TICKET SWAP THREAD!!!
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) Is there going to be a ticket release before this weekend? Usually there are some reserved tickets that get released. With our season ticket base being so low I can see that they sold all 3 days out bases on a combo of season tickets/ozzie&minnie plans. If it is going to happen, it will be the day of the game, and it will be at the stadium box office. Good luck.- Suicide By Super Glue
Now this is a Darwin Award.- Fantasy Football
Is it full? I'll play if not...- php experience
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Wow, Laazdotcom was here and went. That quick! Fastest ban in the west Not sure why the guy wastes his time spamming here... He should get out of his mom's basement more often.- Crede on Block?
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) Please Jim, retype that again. I didnt get it the first billion times it was written If only it wasn't necesary for that to be posted all of the time - Ex-Klansman convicted