Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:37 PM) Just checking in from canada (I'm here for the week). I was at the game today at the skydome, errr rogers centRE. 1) skydome sucks. so quiet, so bland. honestly feels like your walking into an office building at first. 2) i hate the twins. 3) even though the skydome sucks, it has some nice ass video screens. Did you guys stay at the hotel there or somewhere else?
  2. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:43 AM) Oh yeah, I remember that one now. We probably should've listened to Klesko on that one. The thing is the Sox are full of "questionable" players. Sometimes players just need a second chance. Heck remember all of the Carl Everett horror stories? And all of the AJ Pierzynski stories out of San Fran? It all depends on the situation.
  3. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:41 PM) I got this swampland in Florida you would die for. PM me if you want some details. PM sent
  4. Didn't have a tight back earlier in April where he missed a couple of days? Seems like this might be a chronic thing for the season.
  5. QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:47 AM) We will go 14-1 in that stretch!!!!!!1 If we go 14-1 in that stretch, I will buy you drinks until you puke.
  6. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) What's wrong with the 'El"???? I think it's one the best, truly Chicago experiences. Yes, the wait can be lengthy and the trains will be full leaving the game, but the few times I've driven to the game, it took me a lot longer to get home that way. Getting to my car sucked, getting out of the lot sucked, getting on the highway sucked AND I paid a s***load more than what the train costs. There is nothing wrong with the El, if it works for your situation. Its just some dopes perpetuating stereotypes...
  7. It'll be interesting. Being 8-2, if he can go 12-10 in his last starts, he can win 20.
  8. I wouldn't mess around trying to get tickets for this series. I would just get on whitesox.com and pay face value. These tickets are going to sell pretty well, I think.
  9. QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:48 PM) We're gonna have to cause I just looked at a stretch we have in the dog days of August starting on the 8th.. @NY @NY @NY, @BOS @BOS @BOS, MIN, MIN, MIN, NY, NY, NY, @MIN @MIN @MIN Uhh, we're gonna need some cushion before we start that stretch.. :headshake August is our make and break for 2005. If we can survive that, print the playoff tickets.
  10. QUOTE(Fotop @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:33 PM) Talk about the hardest HRs I've seen hit live? That one was MAYBE top five. But yes, it was crushed. I can tell you my top three though, all at the cell, two of them off of Foulke (with the honorable mention going to one off of foulke as well) I don't really remember the years but: 3) McGwire hitting one out of U.S. Cellular, literally, it one hopped the LF concourse and bounced out over the hat shop. 2) Giambi trashing Foulke for a 3-run shot to right. 1) Eric Chavez DESTROYING Foulke to the Right Center concourse. Honorable Mention: Sosa mashing Foulke to tie a Cubs v. Sox game in the Ninth. more than likely cork and steriod aided, but hey so was Giambi's. Just thought I'd go off on a little tangent here, but I agree that ball was destroyed. I was there for Bonds BOMB off of Colon (the game where he Kd him the first 3 times, and Jerry left him in for the 9th), and I know they listed it at like 460 feet, but it was every bit as far as Borchards HR.
  11. That was a great tribute to Frank today. Even if he doesn't come back in 2006 because of whatever, he knows that Sox fans appreciate what he has done for their team.
  12. Kaz Matsui, if that's the answer, I don't want to know the question.
  13. I really think he will be OK. To me it looks like he is struggling to find his release point. He needs to work and get straightened out.
  14. I think the Rangers will fade again, but that is only as a victim of their own ballpark. It is just brutal to play down there in June, July, August, and September. It is around 100 degrees everyday, and it just wears you out. The Rangers always seem to have horrible August and Septembers, and I would bet that is a big reason why.
  15. I'm not surprised at all. They have been projecting this for a while now. I was just surprised that they lost by 10 percentage points.
  16. QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:56 PM) We aren't running away with anything. We play the Twins 13 times in August and September. Those games will likely decide the division. I agree 100%. One comforting thing is that even with the mediocre ball the Sox have been playing lately, the Twins haven't been doing anything worth noting either. But we all know the Twins play their best ball down the stretch, and with a younger team than previous years, this probably will be more so, as many of these guys get comfortable with their roles.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Rented The Final Cut on DVD this weekend. It started Robin Williams and Mira Sorvino in a pretty cool sci-fi style movie. Basically in the near future, this company offers implants that films every second of a persons life, and then when they die, people called "cutters" edit down peoples lives to a short highlight film called a "rememory". My only complaint was the movie ended a little quickly/abruptly for my liking. It is definately worth a rental though.
  18. So this is the guy we are depending on to save the team? He can't even run "too fast" without getting hurt? Great. That makes me feel much better.
  19. Happy Birthday Hot Chick Dude, and PHJ
  20. Happy quarter century, big guy!!!!
  21. These polls kill me.
  22. There is a pretty good group of us who are into world current events... We don't always agree, but we like to follow it.
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 28, 2005 -> 07:58 AM) I thought that Koch was one standup guy. He lost whatever it was that made him great for a season, never made excuses, never ducked from responsibility. I like the guy and wish him luck. I agree 100%. Koch was always a standup guy. I don't obsess about a guy sucking, but it pisses me off when a guy thinks he is bigger than his team or the game itself.
  24. I think someone needs to change their name to "goingdowninflames"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.