Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:43 AM) Whom? If you're thinking Frank Thomas, he's already on the 40 man. one Brandon McCarthy
  2. Carlton Fisk would be my first choice.
  3. Interesting to see a pitcher suspended, and really the first decent player to get busted. Out of curiousity, do the Twins get to replace him on the roster, or do they go with 24 players for 10 days?
  4. QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:33 AM) I will see him tonight I will make sure I Tell him Thanks
  5. southsider2k5 replied to a post in a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:49 AM) I've been away from my computer for a few days, when is Uribe & Ozuna expected to be able to play? They are hoping for Tuesday.
  6. QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:29 AM) Total side note here, there are 39 on the 40 man right now so if need be there is flexibility to add someone. Might be a total non issue, just thought I'd mention it. We all know who the 40th man on the roster is right now...
  7. I think Willie would have kicked all of their asses.
  8. QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) I have noticed both Podsednik and Iguchi have really done a good job with this. Podsednik has given himself up at least a half a dozen times that I recall. I was really thinking of Scott when I said that. If he had been laying down bunts his average would still be showing around .300, and the net result would have been the same. I have to confess I was worried about his average when we got him, but I hadn't watched him play too much. After seeing him for a month, with the way he takes pitches, and his baseball IQ of knowing exactly what to do in any situation, I love this deal even more. He just flat out gets the job done. Which really should be the theme thus far for 2005 Flat out getting the job done.
  9. QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:12 AM) I'd do 4 years and 30 if he has a great year. And considering what assclowns like Benson and Wright got, that is a bargin, even if he settles in closer to his career numbers than he is pitching now.
  10. QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:11 AM) Personally, the only Sox hater I really ever got an humor from was Poppy Hidalgo. Wonder where he is. Saw him a few times earlier in the year. Once again, the Sox are winning.... You will see these people again if and when the teams falls.
  11. There is some stuff I don't like at all in there. He totally discounts the double play ball for our pitchers, and on offense he doesn't mention sacrifice flies, and hitting behind a runner to move them over, which the offense has done a great job of this season.
  12. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:34 AM) it depends, if dye and konerko still arent hitting i wouldnt mind trading for a player like raul ibanez, he plays many positions, or maybe craig wilson, someone eligible at outfield and first base however i wouldnt mind a backup starter, possibly someone by the name of joe kennedy eligible? Who cares. This isn't fantasy baseball. It matters if they can play these positions, not if they qualify or not.
  13. Wow. How incredible.
  14. QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:16 AM) I expect nothing less than a .700 OBP. I hit over .750 last year, but only took two walks. All-star SS for the 2nd year in a row . I might switch to short center this year, as it looks like we might have a better defensive SS coming back from a few years ago.
  15. With all of the pro vs college talk, keep in mind the collective bargining agreement is up after this season in the NBA, and the momemtum seems to indicate a minimum age of 20 for the NBA is about to happen.
  16. QUOTE(The Critic @ May 2, 2005 -> 01:52 AM) Isn't the ESPNZone just off Michigan Avenue, near the Virgin Megastore? Also, my wife just saw that exhibit about the human body at one of the museums, I'm awful at remembering which one has what - I'm pretty sure it was the Field Museum. I'm happy for her that she got to see what the human body is SUPPOSED to look like - I'm pretty sure she'd forgotten, after spending the last 15 years with me.... Oh, on a semi-related topic - if you want (IMO) the best Cajun food in Chicago, stop by Redfish! It's about a block or two away from the House Of Blues, on State Street....it's absolutely GREAT! And as usual you would be wrong... Body Works is at MSI. I know because my wife is about to take a field trip there and I am going with the help ESPN Zone is on Ohio Street (or Ontario, I forget which is which) around the old rock-n-roll McDonalds, Rain Forest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe etc.
  17. For all of the old men like me out there... lets hear about Softball!!! Our season starts off tonight and I can't wait. We played a practice game after field clean ups on Saturday and I was on base 5 times. Midseason form baby.
  18. To a great poster, who brings some historical perspective to Soxtalk
  19. QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:20 AM) Does anyone see Cleveland getting hot in the middle of the season again? I don't see them doing anything this year. They might get hot when it is over, but I just don't see the Indians hype this year. They just aren't ready.
  20. QUOTE(3E8 @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) Whatever happened to Ozzie the Airdale? The Sox are winning...
  21. QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Mike, whatever it is, I would email it to DJ. Something like, "Hey DJ, we noticed you're doing more PBP and you've come up with a signature HR call. Can you tell us how you came up with it, and have you asked Hawk what he thinks about it?' You may have to heap a little praise re: the HR call so it gets read. Actually I was thinking of adressing it specificially to Hawk, because he likes picking on DJ. It could be fun.
  22. Which way does Cintron hit? We need a RH bat off of the bench really. I would like the move if it didn't cost us much, but as guys get healthy it is nothing we HAVE to do.
  23. Does anyone remember how to email the booth? I think it is hawkanddj@aol.com right?
  24. I'd be curious to hear more reviews on "Hitchhiker" if anyone else saw it.
  25. For all who are interesting, here is an update on things. We have a new ultra-sound pic at home, I just don't have a program to resize it, or I would have posted it. http://boringtheworld.blogspot.com/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.