Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) Oh, they run a goat through there every few years to try to erase the "curse". I guess now they're going to have to feed some baseball spaghetti to a goat now or some s***.... I wonder what they do with that goat the rest of the time???
  2. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:31 PM) I find it kind of ironic when you call my analysis bulls*** when anyone can look at our ramblings and get nothing out of it. You can quote obscure Sagarin ratings as much as you like, but your analysis is no better or worse than mine. That's up for other people, and history, to decide.
  3. QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 12:34 PM) Not sure I'd be too quick to rate Detroit and Cleveland as weak, Besides the Sox, KC, and maybe the O's there isn't a 3-game series(good or bad) difference between the rest. In fact the NL is the same way. Parity is pretty much reigning everywhere but the southside. Detroit makes way too many mental mistakes and problems in the field. Their pitching staff is still really young, and not quite there yet. Without Ordonez in the line up they field a pretty mediocre offense. Clevelands staff can best be desribed as a house of cards. They are already having injury problems, and their bullpen is still bad and on top of it injury prone. The offense is packed with a bunch of guys who had career years, which they may not duplicate. Plus they lost their heart and soul in Omar, and I think it is showing early on.
  4. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) I'd like to add to my comments about the schedule - we pretty much close the season against the same teams we opened it with. That bodes well for us heading for the pennant races and hopefully into October. August is the gut check month, IMO, though. To elaborate on our August schedule 3 vs Sea 3 @ NYY 3 @ Bos 3 vs Mn 3 vs NYY 3 @ Mn 3 @ Sea That is a tough schedule And I don't care what the experts said, Cleveland and Detroit are not good teams.
  5. QUOTE(Darren @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) Here is my blog, it's new so if you all have any ideas be sure to let me know! http://www.ozzieball.com This is sure looking like it's going to be a fun year!! It's my first real year back into baseball after a few years off. I am a Sox fan going back to 1977 and after a few years of not really following the team too closely they went and hired Ozzie to manage and I've been hooked ever since. Win or lose I knew Ozzie would bring fun baseball to the table and I'm sure not disappointed!! -Darren I'll add these after I update the Pick to Clicks... BTW all of you guys who are posting your blogs here, make sure to add Soxtalk links to your blogs!!!
  6. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) Medalions were all the rage back then. Metal working was all the rage back in the Iron Age...
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Nokona's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 10:16 AM) Papers in Chicago today saying Wood had a flare up of tendonitis in his shoulder. He is downplaying the severity and Baker claims the 5 inning stint was more precautionary. This is the same ailment that's been bothering Wood for quite some time, certainly during spring training and going back to last year and maybe even further. They have a problem, no doubt about it. Wood and Baker may be downplaying this, but ongoing shoulder tendonitis is not good. Like I predicited earlier, Wood will be on the DL before Memorial Day.
  8. Like I have been saying all along, ankle problems for a 275 pound guy, aren't easy to come back from. I wish the Big man good luck, but I don't see him back anytime soon.
  9. We were out garage saleing this weekend, looking for some baby furnature, when as I was looking through a pile of 25 cent books, I found this book. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it before, but it is a little paperback book, almost 200 pages, that has all kinds of fun info and stories from Sox history. The book was copyrighted in 1978, but focuses mostly on the 60's and earlier. If anyone ever sees it, it is worth picking up if you are a collector of baseball books and/or White Sox memorablia. One fun quote I found in there was this, "Working with Harry Carry must rank with flying a helicopter in Viet Nam(sic)" This is his website... http://www.richardlindberg.net/index.htm
  10. That is the city of Chicago's new promise for people who park illegally or breakdown in the Loop. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4411599/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I'm sorry to hear that Tex... Prayers go out to you and his family.
  12. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4480745.stm
  13. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 09:14 AM) No, as the future "Sox ace", as he has been hailed. To come up to pitch one game in this situation when there are other options is silly. Or you could view it as the opposite... It would give him a chance to face a major league team, with no real pressure, as he would know that no matter what he was headed back to Charlotte. He wouldn't have to be perfect, as he wasn't trying to pitch for his job, like many of the 5th starters have been the last 5 years or so. He could go out there relaxed. It would also give him another notch in his belt of experience, to use for when he is up here "for real". The arbitration clock scares me more than anything with Brandon. If we need a fifth starter, there is no doubt in my mind we call up Bmac. If we can get through this by utilizing the off day to skip Contreras, that is my first choice.
  14. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/24/weekinre...4okrent.html?hp
  15. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) And McCarthy isn't?!?!? At AAA? The whole point of AAA is to have guys ready for the majors if we need them. Besides the way Charlotte has been going, it won't make much difference...
  16. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/2...rash/index.html
  17. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    I finally saw "Road to Perdition" this weekend. Yeah it was hard hitting and emotional, but I don't get what all of the hype was about.
  18. NO doubt the majors. It is a fun thing to see the love of the game at the minor league level, and how much harder people play down there, but it is no measure against the beauty of the talent that major leaguers posess.
  19. http://www.variety.com/VR1117921578.html Me thinks we are getting back to some pretty stupid valuations again in some of these stocks. I'd be looking into some long term Google puts.
  20. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/25/politics...serland&emc=rss
  21. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 11:08 PM) Same here, Gene. Over/Under on how many times in the series, Hawk says, "You can do anything when you got three 20-game winners..."? Late, late games. That's OK, though, I sort of like 'em anyways. Oh, and how could I forget -- Billy-ball! 85,672 times.
  22. Quick, someone make the Dye sucks thread.
  23. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 01:07 AM) Jose looked like a totally different pitcher after Cooper gave him an earful the other night. I hope he pitches the rest of the season like he did from the second inning and beyond. I really believe AJ is the big difference in Contreras. AJ is making him throw a much bigger assortment of pitches with the fastball being the main pitch, instead of just the fastball and splitter, with the splitter being 80% of his pitches. The difference has been staggering.
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:30 AM) I don't see why they'd call BMac up to make that start when the schedule allows them to just skip Jose's turn in the rotation. That is what I am thinking. I don't think they want to put Brandon on the 40 man until it is necesary, and with the extra off day, it buys them 5 extra days.
  25. Happy Birthday to all 3 of you!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.