Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
4/18/05 Official Game Thread: Sox vs. Cakes
QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 07:40 PM) Those Cubs retards will most likely get a pounding before they get to thier cars. Hopefully they are in their cars right now, as security hopefully threw their stupid asses out.
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 06:59 PM) Wow, the Yanks seemed to have responded well to Steinbrenner's message so far. Yanks are up 13-0 on TB in the 2nd inning. Damn, have the Bucs got near the end zone yet?
-
Fight at Red Sox's game
The ticketholder lost his tickets for at least 2005. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2040064
-
Sox Town??
QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 03:45 PM) For many(mostly the older fans) it was definitely part of the equation, that he went over to the scrubs and turned the place into the beer garden it is now stings a little more. Let me ask you this, if a new owner came in now and summararily fired Hawk would it bother you? It depends on what accompanied it. If they came in and doubled the payroll, fire away. If they came in and went Pittsburgh Pirates on us, then I would be pissed. In short, it doesn't matter to me who is in the booth. It matters what is on the field.
-
Sox Town??
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 03:31 PM) To those around 30.. was losing HC that big of a deal to you guys..?? I ask this because if it wasn't.. then do you think it's appropriate to still blame that on lack of attention? Most season ticket holders I know are in the 28 to 40 range... Me personally, I don't care that he was fired. I'm as old as you are, and I remember my dad HATED Harry even when he was with the Sox, and I think I just picked that up from him as well. I always thought it was a good thing, especially as he turned into a drunken old fool behind the mike.
-
Are you going to any game vs the twinkies?
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 04:52 PM) making the trip up from champaign for tommorow's game. I'm hoping the rain holds off for you guys...
-
Who do you want up in the bottom of the 9th?
Mr Grand Slam, Robin Ventura.... But out of that group, I would grudgingly say Frank because of his OBP. All though PK seems to be more of a clutch hitter at this point in their careers.
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 05:01 PM) Ronnie Woo-Woo got his toothless ass run over by a car today outside of Wrigley. The question is, how long will it take someone to blame a Sox fan?
-
Sox 2005 Introductions
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 04:07 PM) I think they should can Dolgin and hire you. Typical Postgame Show banter: Caller: "I think Harris should get more time in CF, and at 2B." quick: "Are you nuts, what's the matter with you, Harris is a piece of s***." 2nd Caller: "Why didn't Ozzie play Gload today?" quick: "Please. Who's screening these calls? Gload is a piece of s***. Let me just take a moment to give a shout out to my very good friends at Peanuts Bar and Grill, stop in and say hi to Lisa, grab a gyro and an ice cold PBR, and ... did I mention Ross Gload is a piece of s***??" 3rd Caller: "How come the White Sox aren't pitching Cliff Politte more?" quick: "Stop yourself. Cliff Politte is a piece-of-s***-in-training, not to mention his brothers are nuts, I'm serious." 4th Caller: "Why are all those guys pieces of s***?" quick: "Are you kiddin' me? Take a pill. You people are all nuts. That's all the time we have for today, it's time for the Reds game on satellite ... this show brought to you by all my very good friends at any bar that has lots of TV's and puts on whatever I want, whenever I want." (mumbles to himself before signing off - "why doesn't West Side Bill call in any more, now HIM, I like ...") That's a beauty Jim. I felt like I was there
-
Welcome Tiger Fans
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 05:11 PM) I could list a scenario that any team but the Royals would win the central. All four of these teams are relatively thin in key areas and have question marks in others. If someone catches fire and stays healthy, it could be almost anyones division. Now, it would take a bigger hit to slow Minny or the Sox, than Cleveland or Detroit. I thought that Detroit needed Maggs to be, well Maggs. Greedy, injured, and deceitful?
-
LOL Yankmee fans
QUOTE(Be Good @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 02:53 PM) Most Yankmee fans are all front-runners. I hear them all calling up NY radio stations saying to fire Torre, which is ridiculous. And to trade Rivera. God I hate Yankmee fans They can trade Mariano and Torre here for sure!!!
-
Sox 2005 Introductions
QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 02:43 PM) i know I have been listening on XM radio. Anyone have an over/under of how long it takes him to end up back in a White Sox booth, and who he will replace? -Rooney was supposedly interested in a St Louis job a few years ago, but wasn't allowed to interview. -Hawk is no spring chicken anymore. -DJ could be replaced anytime and it would suprise no one.
-
Sir Paul McCartney Tickets go on sale Saturday
QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 02:01 PM) adjusts scope.... *cocks gun* someone put him out of his misery. Go play out in traffic and leave the rest of us to our misery :finger
-
Sir Paul McCartney Tickets go on sale Saturday
- The Virgin Mary on the JFK
Yeah I suppose in 30,000 posts none of you clowns would have a typo :finger- He's Back
Lets go PODS!!! Just in time for the Twins.- Papal Conclave begins today
The Cardinals first vote results in black smoke. (No new Pope)- 4/18/05 Official Game Thread: Sox vs. Cakes
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) that's cause we don't live in a fake state. OH HELL NO You want to tell me why I get to see every Sox game then?- Friday night lights..
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) http://www.5atexasfootball.com/ Just for one division. And if a School Board ever allowed their HS to drop below 5A, they would be voted out My understanding is Indiana basketball is very close to this madness. It used to be before they went to class basketball. It has fallen off a lot. They still produce a lot of players, but the madness isn't there anymore. A fun fact though, 7 of the 10 biggest gyms for HS basketball are in Indiana.- April 2005 Quotes of the Month
From 3E8 in the Michael Moore is running for Pope thread- Interesting Sun Times article
QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) Not sure where that $75 mil is coming from but adding up salaries brings the payroll at a little over $67 mil including Davis. And 3 yrs ago it was around $66 mil. The USA today salary survey had the Sox at $75 million. Quibble with them. http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sa...lts.aspx?team=4- Ozzie vs. Frank, round one?
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:55 AM) Wow, his kid was spilling stories to you huh? Apparently, oral diahrrea is hereditary. The context wasn't bad at all. It was actually in a steroid conversation about how just about everyone that started putting up better numbers than Frank has either been involved in steroid trials or has had some awful suspicious things happen around them since then (injury problems etc), and how Frank was about the only superstar of that era who could be deemed clean, with any relative certianty. Frank used to use that stuff to get himself pumped up. That's why this thing in the paper clicked with this story. And besides as long as Frank has known Ozzie, if this is the case, Frank is just sitting back and laughing about this. He knows better, and is laughing at everyone running around making a big deal out of this.- Ozzie vs. Frank, round one?
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:33 AM) Says Kenny... Everytime there is a situation like this, it seems like Kenny is the one who gets proven right.- Top NFL draft busts
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html- Ozzie vs. Frank, round one?
QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) IF.. and IMO that's a big "if", that's the deal.. maybe he should talk to Frank about it and not the media.. I'm sure he's got his phone #... Not to split hairs, but we all know that Frank likes to ignore his phone, and not return calls. - The Virgin Mary on the JFK