Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Chicago Bracket
UWMil is doubling up Bama 30-15 with 9 1/2 to play in the first half.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:41 AM) how do u change the posts per page? Under my controls, it is the board settings option that has that.
-
Austin Bracket
QUOTE(Spiff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) Where are all the Eastern/Kentucky fans? Indianapolis isn't too far, if memory serves. Ticket alottments were tiny. They said each school only got 350 tickets total. That is for students and alumni.
-
Paul Silas's comment on Boozer
Wow. In the midst of everything else I hadn't heard that.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:14 AM) I have them on.. people kept coming in here to ask me questions. Refer them to your sig.
-
Shingo
QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) 5 times.. wow. You're telling me. Guess who gets to fix them
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:20 AM) You've been looking for an opportunity after that "google gay porn" post. Damn right I have
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:16 AM) As a resident of Kentucky, he did me proud. I'll bet you don't get to say that very often
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) Oooo.... alter the anti-trust agreement and TAKE AWAY the exemption... Bye bye $$$$$$$ Ding, ding, we have a WINNER!
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:06 AM) Not all girls are as into the sport as those that post here. But you would think as a Congressman, you would do a little research.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) IMO, it started way before that. Rumors go back into the 80's with roids. There are stories of speed and coke use back into the 70's.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) bunning is so old school. he would bean sam-Me if he were still playing. I just know it. I'm surprised someone like Pedro or Rocket has not done it to be honest.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:02 AM) the R- rep from MI/ Tigers fan said she was "glad no one from the Tigers was on any of the panels". Is she an idiot or didn't she get a memo that Frank and Schilling have never been involved in taking steriods? There was no one from the Tigers good enough to be suspected of using steroids
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:52 AM) I don't see how Congress can legislate baseball's record books. They can't legislate per say, but that anti-trust exemption is the trump card. If baseball loses that they way they do business would have to change dramatically.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) Hmmm.... questioning the records that have been set since players started using.. and IF they were using during that time.. take the records AWAY!! The problem is that it would be impossible to prove anything at this point. There are no tests from 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:50 AM) SS2K5 .. you should pin this thread. Done and done.
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:48 AM) Botch was officialy cut by the Blue Jays today. That's too bad. I was really rooting for him to find "it" again. He was a cool dude, and a great teammate. He never blamed anyone or anything else for his problems. I can respect that.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:47 AM) Comparing it to NFL's policy now. MLB (players specifically, IMO) is being made to look like the assholes they are. Awesome.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) Page 11 of the MLB penalties... "10 day suspension OR 10K fine" Sick. Or just 1/16th of the season. And the sad thing the policy that they agreed upon through collective bargining wouldn't have had any suspension until the 3rd offense. The first offense would have been cousiling and their name wouldn't have been made public.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:44 AM) "They need to fix it.. or we will". They should. The anti-trust exemption they have from Congress is part of the problem.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Can't say that I disagree with him. The NFL gives a suspension of 1/4 of the season for the first offense, 1/2 the season for the 2nd offense. I don't remember what happens after that, but I believe it is a year suspension. Also the the olympics give 2 year suspensions for first offenses.
-
Congressional hearing thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:38 AM) He wants a 1 month suspention for 1st offense.. 1 year for second.. and OUT of baseball for 3rd. Can't say that I disagree with him. The NFL gives a suspension of 1/4 of the season for the first offense, 1/2 the season for the 2nd offense. I don't remember what happens after that, but I believe it is a year suspension.
-
[green]Happy St Patrick's Day[/green]
QUOTE(Spiff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) As if I needed an excuse to drink on a Thursday afternoon. Or a Friday, or a Saturday, or a Sunday, or a Monday, or a Tuesday, or a Wednesday...
-
Wolfowitz nominated to head WB
Here is an interesting read about why Wolf is interested in the WB job in the first place. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...av=rss_politics
-
Corwin Malone
Hopefully the kid is healthy because they have always loved his arm. His control is a different story Good luck Corwin