Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 11:26 PM) Can Bucknell be the team that makes it to the Sweet 16? In no way am I trying to degrade the Badgers, but Bucknell (just heard on ESPN) beat Pitt at Pitt earlier in the year, might they be that 'Cinderella' team that makes the S-16? It'll be Vermont and UWMilwaukee I hope
  2. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 09:35 PM) Vermont! Those are the games that make the tourney. I love the bracket busters. You heard it here first
  3. I have 27 of the 32 picks, including Vermont and UWM, and I have only lost one Sweet 16 team. But you know what that means... tommorrow I will get killed.
  4. I love it. I had Kansas, but I had Wisconson taking them out in the next round. Now maybe Bill Self will schedule a tough preconfrence ROAD game.
  5. Sex

    southsider2k5 replied to easyw's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(easyw @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 05:56 PM) How much did she charge? I don't remember, but LESS THAN YOUR MOM! I would have went with, "I know you are but what am I"
  6. How about the Native American Tributes? :banghead
  7. I'd want Texsox to have a poll on Soxtalk to decide my fate.
  8. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 03:18 PM) Those types of people are small in numbers. You can look at the statistics of any DCFS in the nation to clearly see that. And so are the # of people who are not capable passing on the wishes of their spouse.
  9. Shiavo's feeding tube has been removed. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050318/D88TJVC81.html
  10. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 03:10 PM) C'mon SS. You can't possibly beleive that. There are no statistics or polls or anything I'm aware of to support that. Let's just say there are certainly parents out there who love their kids less than they should. And there are certainly parents out there who use their kids as tools to get what they want (dreams fullfilled, money, etc.). But I think by & large that number is small. Many more parents get their kids to play just so the kid is active. They let the kid try as many sports as they want in hopes that one will stick. It's best to continue this in the other thread. It is related to Schiavo but it shouldn't dominate the thread. Why shouldn't I believe it. People beat their kids, neglect their kids, steal from their kids, sexually abuse their kids etc., just like they beat their spouses, cheat on their spouses, steal from their spouses etc. You could probably go through the news everyday and find a tear jerker story about a parent who chained their kid to a furnace or the like. Bad people are bad people regardless of whether their reproductive organs work or not. It does matter whether they are married or have kids, they are going to take advantage of whomever they can.
  11. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:54 PM) Well, you aren't missing much this round. Bad NCAA action is better than work on anyday. On the bright side only a half hour to go and this god forsaken week is OVER!
  12. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:53 PM) I think Crede was out on that pickoff. So did Rooney and Farmer.
  13. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:45 PM) Are you watching em? Following them on the computer. I am still at work and no TV
  14. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:40 PM) Let's just say I didn't marry my high school sweetheart & therefore wasn't spared reality along the way. I'm not alone in this either. I've talked to other people on the issue of trust in their relationships. They take it only so far. As for it being a problem, marriage statistics alone would strongly suggest you are nieve. Generally speaking it's more likely for you to experience divorce at least once in your lifetime than to remain married to the same person for life. Generally speaking no person is going to sacrifice more for your well-being in your lifetime than your parents. You will realize this the day you become one. In any case it's a very good poll question & probably deserves it's own thread. It'd be interesting to see what the results were like at Fox, CNN, & MSNBC. Call me nieve if you like, but if you don't trust the person you are with, you should leave them. If you don't, you get what you get. But it is also nieve in this day and age to thing that parents are immune from the greed you think that spouses are capable of. For every parent trying to get his kid to play for the love of the game, there is another trying to force their kid in hoping that they can be their lottery ticket out of mediocrity. People are human, and just because they can reproduce, doesn't mean they instantly change. Bad people are bad people no matter if they have kids are not.
  15. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:37 PM) Hey, I trusted her. Found out that it was mistake. Live and learn That's what I am saying actually. If you don't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. More power to you.
  16. All these games have sucked so far. They are all double digit games in the first half. :puke
  17. QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:27 PM) First of all, thats disgusting. Second of all, you need to get a life. Who has the time to go look for anti-Duke articles? Yeah, who has time to dig up dirt on other teams
  18. QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) I'm guessing you've never seen JJ Redick play either. OK, now let me give you an opinion, "I believe that all the Illinois players are gay with each other". That's my opinion. Let me go out on a limb here and say that you probably don't agree with my opinoin and think that my opinion is pretty idiotic right? How arrogant and condesending! I have seen Redick play tons of times, because Duke is on TV all of the time. I haven't even offered my opinion on his play, or that of any of the other players that were mentioned. I have just watched you claim how badly Duke fans get treated, meanwhile calling other fans ignorant and the like, and figured that you should see that you were acting just like the people that you were calling out.
  19. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:33 PM) Single by Dubois, double by Echevaria. Another run scores, 2nd and 3rd...no outs. El Duque is getting hit hard. And by a bunch of Cubs bench players
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:33 PM) In my case, experience is a good teacher. If someone feels like that about their spouse, they should not be married to them, IMHO. If you can't trust someone with the most important decesion of your life, what can you trust them with?
  21. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:27 PM) Hawk drooling all over her. Pretty funny.
  22. Updates are always appreciated.
  23. RBI double for Jurrasic scores the Orient Express, 1-0 Sox.
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) Maybe "Hoosier Daddy" Hey, what you call him is up to you... not that there's anything wrong with that.
  25. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) Florida's MO is winning first round games like that. What a pathetic 2nd half effort. Florida is always a solid pick for a first round upset. They have choked many a times.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.