Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Goldmember @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:33 PM) im in... I was going to create another league, but I am at my max. I guess you can only have 4 Yahoo teams If someone else wants to run with it, have at it. This late I would just post the info for the league.
  2. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:13 PM) Odds from the web site I use. 2005 American League Central Champion Chicago White Sox 5-1 Cleveland Indians 5-2 Detroit Tigers 6-1 Kansas City Royals 30-1 Minnesota Twins 2-3 This puts 2 teams with better odds to win, while maybe not the longshot, def. not a favorite. That's Vegas odds, and they suck. All that is, is a popularity contest. The odds can be driven by a bunch of dopes who bet on teams who have no chance. The Cubs odds used to be insane just based on the idiots who put their money down because "this is the year" even when they were losing 100 games.
  3. I am glad to hear the leaders on the team saying these things. Hopefully this holds up.
  4. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/21/jurors.e...y.ap/index.html
  5. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) I had given up all hope that it was going to come. I was suprised as hell when it was sitting in my mailbox. I just went back and looked, and you sent me the PM about not being there yet, on Feb 12th, so it had to be a week or more before that, that I sent it. I wonder where the hell that thing was for almost two months????
  6. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) One of the few. And quickly off-subject I randomly got my sox wristband from you a couple days ago. I totally thought it was lost in the mail. A pleasent surprise indeed. Wow, you're kidding. It has been like 6-8 weeks since I mailed that thing. I completely thought it was lost in the mail. You can't beat the USPS
  7. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Cali, I totally agree with you on ND, that was horrible.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to T R U's topic in SLaM
    It must be Jon Garland Fever
  9. Todd Helton has come under the microscope now...
  10. MLBPA decides to have suspensions only for first offenses
  11. QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:08 PM) I can just see McCarthy setting up banana peels in the outfield. "Hey Mark you wanna shag some flyballs?" Then tenting his fingers like Mr. Burns.... Excellent
  12. QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) BMac is being asked to be the #5 SP, not the #1 Very good point. So if he can go out and give us 6 IP and 4 ER a start, he will be way ahead of what we were getting last year out of the 5th starter spot.
  13. QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 11:59 AM) I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand that. I don't know about that, but I love your new Avy...Office Space RULES!!!
  14. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    I finally watched Saw this weekend, and was greatly disappointed. I can deal with the pointless gore, but to be frank, the plot sucked. SPOILERS alertS!!!!! When you thought it was the orderly that was doing everything at least it made sense. But when they twisted it to be the terminal cancer patient, that didn't make any sense at all. Why would a guy torture his doctor? Maybe if you include the thing where he didn't know the guys name, but if that is what made him so mad, why would he include the orderly who was sticking up for the patient? Stupid.
  15. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) If this happeneds, Garland is the odd man Out.. Who the hell (other than KW) is going to trade for a Pitcher who is only "on" 1/2 the time, that makes 8 mil a year? NO ONE .. IMO.. Garland on the other hand has alot of upside, being young and cheap. Unless we include some good tier prospects, he is gone. Garland has a couple of things working for him. #1 he makes half of what Contreras does and #2 he is at least consistant, especially when you compare him to what Jose does.
  16. Speaking of Chicago movies, anyone know what is being shot right now around Wabash/VanBurean/Jackson right now?
  17. QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:46 AM) We should bring Kevin Walker up and put Cotts in AAA to stretch out his arm for starting. Agree with you totally. I wanted Neal in the pen over Walker before, but right now we need back up options for starters just in case something happens to Contreras or Hernandez, or if BMac gets killed at the major league level.
  18. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:28 AM) McCarthy= getting rushed. This is the one thing I feared would happen. We finally have a legit, upper-tier pitching prospect and now he's getting rushed to the bigs. I was really praying he would get his time in the minors and come up on his own terms. Contreras= look at that salary. Reinsdorf would be long in the ground before he ever paid that kind of scratch to a closer. Although I think he could excel in that spot, I just don't see it happening. Have McCarthy pitch until Buehrle is ready; then, send his ass back down to AAA. Please, Please, Please, Please don't screw this prospect up. He's a good one. This is actually an ideal scenario for Bmac to debut. He knows his time here is finite and that he will be going back to the minors when MB gets back. The pressure to preform isn't there like if they were trying to make him the fifth starter. In essence he has nothing to lose. If he gets hit hard, they can chalk it up to the fact he shouldn't have been here yet, and let him go back to the minors and work.
  19. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:22 AM) Worst case scenario: Mark isn't back till' May, struggles to return to form, doesn't get completely healthly and in the swing of things until June. In an attempt to plug the hole in the rotation, the Sox bring up McCarthy who gets bombed in the MLB and struggles with confidence after that. Sox get off to a slow start and have to play catch-up. Best case scenario: Um...I'll get back to you later. This is bad, f'ing news. Best case scenario is that he heals quickly and BMac pitches well in between that time.
  20. This is from MB's Yahoo player notes from yesterday
  21. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4361563.stm
  22. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) Except for Louisville... Louisville/Georgia Tech was the toughest game in that bracket for me to pick. I said when I was looking at it, that the winner of that game was going to the Final 4, and I still believe that.
  23. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:04 AM) Hmm...didnt I just say that, OH WAIT 50 POSTS AGO??? I was quickly rebutted, saying the facts are already known.... :rolly It wouldn't surprise me at all. Everyone is freaking out, and everyone is trying to be the first to report the story so that they can run their stupid commercials about how they break news first. I just wish they would report something general (MB is hurt it COULD be this...) with the point that they are waiting to get the exact info.
  24. QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:00 AM) So now he's only out a few days? What is this? Nobody knows anything for sure yet. Everyone is rushing to judgement it sounds like to me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.