Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/23/plant.blast/index.html
  2. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    219
  3. http://www.forbes.com/business/commerce/fe.../ap1904190.html
  4. QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:48 AM) Where is the post game party going to be? If we can find a cheap room, we will stay, if not we are heading back that night.
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:47 AM) It's so weird to read you being so serious.. I was thinking the samething
  6. Its fixed. I was trying to get rid of things that could be running that people didn't use. I had no idea so many people used that feature.
  7. QUOTE(Beastly @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:38 AM) I'll be at opening day. Shoot me a PM if I'm invited to the tailgaiting party, or if you want to meet up with me. I'll buy a beer or two... Just show up. No invite necessary.
  8. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:36 AM) LMAO.. Jim just asked if you guys were driving with us.. then followed it up with a "probably not if they want to see the first 3 innings.. " I'll mail those, OD, and the others out on Saturday. Don't worry about the openners. We can just get those from you in Mil or at the tailgate.
  9. I don't know what I was typing... I did mean first base. Man I gotta lay off the booze at 8 am.
  10. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:30 AM) I don't think that's the main argument that should be used though. Though i was only 6, i still know what happened and it effected a program i love dearly. Whether or not you experienced it is irrelevant, to a degree...if you know what i mean. It would probly mean more to someone who was in college during those years or was a bigger illini fan than i was that year when i was 6, but i still think it's fair to say take a hatred to Pearl if you wish Just don't make it the game story tonight If it is the game story tonight, Illinois is in trouble. They are the ones who have something to lose. If they are preoccupied with this, they are vulnerable. Weber better have them focused better than the media is.
  11. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:20 AM) IMo, it's beyond placing blame. If someone were to start looking into it.. what would it prove? Do the parents deserve to be implicated in a crime that caused her condition...? IMO, there's no need for that. What's done is done.. can't be fixed. A shame.. Many people are exploring the husbands life, and using his actions to justify what should or shouldn't be done to Terri. I wonder why this isn't a two way street? Why aren't the parents actions beign explored, since the husband's seem to be so important?
  12. After reading the write up in the Trib, there is no doubt if Smith and Rodgers are already off of the board, the Bears are taking a RB.
  13. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 08:00 AM) Hell yes! You know where you're sitting yet? I know you're Suite Boy, but do you know WHICH suite, or what part of the park? My family's in the cheapies out in RF and the Kid I like to call Gleason is a few rows behind us with his family. I'll bend the elbow a little bit but I gotta drive home after the game, so I won't be doing TOO much imbibery. PM me if you don't want to mention it here... I honestly can't remember the suite number, I do remember it was on the 200 level, right behind second base. We are going to get a late start getting up there, because the wife has to work until 2:30, but we will be up there for the game at least. I'll get you the info as soon as I know for sure.
  14. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 04:24 AM) I got mine crossed for you guys too. Opening Day is a lot of fun if the weather cooperates, and of course even better if the Sox win! We'll see you all in Milwaukee Friday nite though.
  15. I've been up to the SkyDome and stayed at the hotel there, but it was out of season for basketball/hockey and we never got over to ACC. We did go up in the CN Tower which was really cool. I love the city of Toronto. It is so clean and the people are so nice.
  16. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:34 PM) Based on what I know, Yes & No. It's really a mercy factor based on a person's goodness. Terri is personified as an angelic person right now with emblemished goodness. That drives the mercy factor thru the roof. That would apply to both euthanasia & r-t-d. The greater the assumption of goodness in the person the greater the mercy factor. With abortion there is no person. There is an unborn. There is no unique personhood when it comes to the mercy factor. So the mercy factor is split. There are those Christians who can't see goodness in something as general as unborn children. There are those Christians who see even greater goodness in unborn children. That's why even though there is a split those who see the goodness are far more zealous than those who don't. The death-penalty without question has the lowest mercy factor. Few Christians can see the goodness in these persons. The Vatican basically shows unconditional goodness for all persons & unborn regardless of circumstances. That's a hard thing for the average Christian. There are those who have to search for goodness here. I'm against the d-p because I find the goodness in the innocent. The process at which someone faces the d-p is not infailable. It's wrought with error. I read reports about d-p inmates being cleared all the time. The goodness of the wrongfully accused is what drives me against the d-p. Jesus taught us pretty Clearly to show love and mercy to all. Whether they are unborn, dying, brain dead, or child murders doesn't matter. "love thine enemy as thyself."
  17. Well we know what a contusion is http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=611820
  18. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:02 PM) Not to shift the debate here, but something I thought of: If Bush is so pro-life then why did he execute so many people in Texas without even reading the sentencing reports? And why did he sign the 1999 law that says that people on Medicaid -- the hospitals get to choose to remove feeding tubes etc. and not doctors/family members if they can't afford to keep the help going? Let's not forget the hotly contested WMD claims in Iraq where many people didn't believe but he went with his leap of faith anyway...But suddenly he wants to "err on the side of caution"? And a bit more cynical -- why don't all the conservative Christians want to see Terri Schiavo in Heaven? I would tend to agree that this case falls in line with Christian beliefs more than any death penalty case. I talked to Wino a little about this, but I believe that 4 types of cases are all basically the same idea. Death Penalty Abortion Right to Die Euthinesia They are all instances where one human has to make a judgement for the worth of the life of another human, based on mitigating circumstances. My view of Christianity is that all of these should be something that a Christian would be against, as Christ makes it very clear that we do not posess the authority to judge another human beings life.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to TLAK's topic in SLaM
    The Assistant He’ll jump the bar to help change a Keg, usually getting in the way. He puts the pool sticks back in the rack even if he isn’t playing, getting greasy fingers on every one of them. He means well. If this isn't Gage, I don't know who it is.
  20. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:41 PM) I disagree totally, it looked like he released his pitch too late like I have seen him do a hundred times. He has thrown pitches like that to left handed batters and it just looks like an outside fastball. Carlos was right on top of the plate and Damaso's release was late. There is no way he wanted to hit him, thats ridiculous. Like I said, the tilt of the pitch jumped at me. All of his pitches have the big sweeping action. They have that falling off of the table movement to them. This pitch was straight as an arrow, and went right for his hip/thigh. I have no idea why Damaso would want to hit him, but I really believe there was purpose to it. Especially with Damaso's defiant reaction to it all. If I had just hit an ex-teammate who was a buddy, I would have laughed about it, or motioned to him like I was sorry or it was an accident... especially in a ST game. Instead he stood on the mound and stared down Carlos. Why else would you react like that, in a meaningless game?
  21. southsider2k5 replied to TLAK's topic in SLaM
    That's a fun list, in my mind I was already assigning peoples names I am definately the "lifer:
  22. My next question is why is no one questioning the parents motives? With the links to bullemia, there might be some stuff to go off. There could very well have been abuse, and wanting to keep her alive could be an appeasement of their guilt. Why are we only questioning the husband here?
  23. southsider2k5 replied to sec159row2's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:35 PM) as far as "pornography" goes it wasn't that bad... it was just mardi gras/derby infield/girls gone wild type stuff.... and that's what happens at the party cove around the july 4th holiday as well as the labor day holiday every year... so yes there were pictures of nudity, but as far as "porn" I don't think so.... regardless... I've been warned and it won't happen again.... Exposing minors under 18 to those kind of pictures is actually illegal. That's why all of those sites make you click something saying that you are 18 in order to view it. But its cool. Live and learn.
  24. Seeing his 40 time, the Bears have got to be thinking of Berlin as a deep threat.
  25. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:34 PM) I'd love Donyell back in Chicago. He was a good presence when here and is a solid player for what he does. And qwerty...get Gasol without giving any of the nucleus (Curry could be a part of it) and I'm definately down with it. Gasol would be an incredible scoring replacement for Eddy. We still could use Tyson, AD, and Harrington for bench and rebounding.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.