southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Sox attendance
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) Uggghhhhh.. I can't win with you freaks!!! And I have a problem with being called a "freak" I prefer "sanity-challenged"
-
Sox attendance
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) It means I am going to jump through this computer screen and whip your ass!!!! I have a problem with that, and I just thought I would let you know.
-
Prom help
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 11:56 AM) Rot ro... watch out for Jugger... he's on a morality in the bedroom soap box.. :rolly And I have the perfect smilie for it
-
Prom help
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 11:50 AM) Well, if I remember elementary school right, you will not be treated to half a milk carton filled with hershey's kisses, decorated with bunny ears and pipe cleaners. You screwed yourself out of a real treat. Guess who's getting yours all the way down in Australia. OOh Heads and DBAH0 sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....
-
Hogzilla was real indeed
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/22/hogzilla.ap/index.html
-
Happy Birthday!
QUOTE(professionalfan @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:53 AM) Happy Birthday Baj! Have one on me! Steph, what is the secret stuff about? Ooooh Oooh I know... Now how much do I value my life
-
Congo's Desperate 'One-Dollar U.N. Girls'
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:26 AM) you could donate the money and then some warlord (idi amin) or dirty politician (arafat) would take it ..... Or someone at the UN
-
High School Shooting in Red Lake, Minnesota
The liberty arguement holds no water. It has been run through the courts and kids have little to no rights to privacy at a school setting. Searches that would unconstitutional elsewhere, are perfectly fine in the HS setting. Freedom of speech is squashed at the school level everyday. Its a lack of willingness to be involved, plain and simple.
-
Sox attendance
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:04 AM) My lame ass arguement about you being a b****? Seriously, though, I hear you 100%. I mean, come on, the Sox do everything they can beside have free days to get people to the park. Do people honestly believe that they aren't making an effort with all the giveaways, promotional days, ad campaigns? Oh no, my sources say the b**** arguement is 100% true
-
High School Shooting in Red Lake, Minnesota
The MSNBC article has a lot of quotes from this kid. Even if the grandparents weren't with it enough to catch this stuff, someone should have noticed. There was obviously something wrong with this kid, and it was ignored. Even sadder is there are kids all over this country who are throwing off these same signs today, and nothing is being done about it. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7259823/
-
Sox attendance
QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) I dont know if this is old news, but I came across this link today while researching my fantasy draft. apparently, JR doesnt have to pay rent on the cell if we draw less than 1.5M. If this isnt striaght out of major league, I dont know what is. near the bottom: http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=16343 They make a lot more money when they draw more than that and pay rent, than they do when they draw
-
High School Shooting in Red Lake, Minnesota
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050322/D8902GL00.html What an incredibly sad story. And of course all of the tell-tale signs were there. The kid was bullied, obsessed with Nazism, father committed suicide, mother is in a home with brain damage. The sad thing is that the potential for this is all over the place. With the lack of control in our schools, and the lack of time the teachers and administration have for individual attention, these incidents could happen anywhere at anytime. It was noted in the article that the kid pushed past a metal decector, so obviously security had been at least minimally addressed. I really wish that schools could address problems at a much lower level, but with the focus on keeping kids in school and keeping disicipline numbers looking good, they tend to ignore the small problems, and then act surprised when something big happens. I have yet to see one of these cases that the signs weren't out there, it was just lacking someone to fix the problem.
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:16 AM) As I examine this, I find myself agreeing with all of your premises, but not the conclusion. The slippery slope we would be putting ourselves on is placing a value on a human life based on IQ, personality, memory, brain function, etc. I do not see that as a prudent path for our, or any civilization, to take. A flat lined brain is one thing, but she is not brain dead as we currently believe that to mean. As I have discussed this with people. Those that have kids are far more likely to side with the parents, those without kids, more likely to side with the husband. Ah the slippery slope makes its debut. Its amazing how prevelant this becomes in our legal system. By banning a cruel type of abortion procedure, it is a slippery slope to banning all abortions. By banning fully automatic guns, it is a slippery slope to the government taking all of our guns. By trying to install standards for television, it is a slippery slope to the government controlling media. There is always someone who wants to eskew common sense for extremism, and it ends up hurting the wide majority of the country who can see the difference between a situation like Schaivo and a situtation like China where kids are killed for their sex.
-
Austin Bracket
Oh good lord. You are just 100% against listening to anything that doesn't praise Duke. Sure its confusing because it isn't polishing Coach K's knob. I know that is hard to understand, and I definately won't waste my time trying anymore. Go back to your regularly scheduled hypocracy.
-
It's official
QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 08:08 AM) Cough.. WSI.. cough. Yeah, if anyone is the kings of overreacting to a common activity... Pitchers shag balls in the OF all of the time. Pay attention at a BP and you will see that. They do it while they stretch or work on long toss.
-
Buerhle Injury Update
Great write up...
-
Joe Borowski breaks hand.
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 08:15 AM) Anyone think Hendry's going to panic and trade for a closer before Opening Day possibly? I'm still waiting for them to trade someone like Angel Guzman for Urbina.
-
Bulls vs Hawks Game Thread
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:55 PM) If you're Amare Stoudemire, which do you prefer. Playing with Kobe Bryant or playing with Dwight Howard in 2 years? Dwight Howard. Kobe is a cancer.
-
Austin Bracket
QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 06:55 AM) We don't really know why Davis plays less then Williams. It could be because of Michigan State's depth or it could be because Davis isn't as well conditioned as Shelden. I'm not going to really further speculate into all that. Its Izzo's system. He likes he players to leave it all on the floor and uses the bench liberally to supliment their efforts. And as for Maggette, he couldn't crack a line up with 3 absolute busts,(Carrawell, Avery, Langdon) but Davis has been a starter basically his whole time at MSU. But then again, God forbid that anyone not at Duke be better than someone at Duke. We'll see what some of these guys you have dissed (Stoudimire, McCants, Davis etc) do at the next level compared to some of the can't misses you keep telling us are so much better than everyone else.
-
Joe Borowski breaks hand.
Wow, and this is a day after Ryan Dempster gave up something like 7 runs in just over an inning. Looks like LaTroy is going to be closing.
-
Books
I'm sensing a theme here...
-
Terri Shaivo thread
REALLY BAD JOKE alert.... PLEASE AVOID IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!!! What's the hardest part about eating a vegetable? Getting her out of the wheelchair. [punches 3rd class ticket to hell]
-
March 2005 Quotes of the Month
From Cheat in the Prom help thread
-
Wolfowitz nominated to head WB
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:06 PM) Gerhard Schroder also supports the Wolfowitz nomination. http://news.ft.com/cms/s/1f0b6fe0-9a38-11d...000e2511c8.html I've yet to see anything in Canadian media that's more detailed than what you provided southsider but I'm interested to see if further information will come. I was pretty shocked to see that honestly. I would be surprised if anyone would say that in public in Canada right now.
-
Sox Preview
QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:09 PM) Nice preview man. I printed it off and gave it to a buddy of mine that I'm trying to convert from the dark side. He likes all Chicago teams but doesn't know much about the Sox. The Northside gets 25 seconds of the 30 second baseball news here in Rockford. He's going to opening day with me this year. Now he'll know a little more about the team. CONVERT THE HEATHENS