Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
I have lost all faith
Did anyone follow this case close enough to know what got this assclown out of jail? From this article it seems like a cut and dry case, but there had to be something that brought back the not guilty from the jury, and I am really curious what that was???
-
The 49ers are on the Clock
In this scenario, could the Bears draft a QB?
-
Guillen: McCarthy 'best pitcher we have right now'
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:51 AM) I even think his fastball is a bit faster -- Jason said he's seen Mac top out at 95 when he wants to give someone some high heat, but he's right in the range you indicated. EDIT: And while velocity isn't everything, you'd hope that he fills out his frame a little bit more and adds some more bite to that heater... Which is part of the reason I think our pitchers have stayed healthier than their northside breathren. None of our guys throw as hard as they can. The radar gun isn't the primary objective for us. Staying healthy and pitching is.
-
Bulls @ nets.
Any update on the status of Hinrich? We need him back BAD.
-
Astros waive RHP Pete Munro
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 09:51 PM) If I'm the Sox, I would pick him up. Heck he can't be that bad. If anything he'll add to minor league depth. They don't have a 40 man roster spot for him.
-
[green]Happy St Patrick's Day[/green]
QUOTE(silver and black @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:44 AM) I wore that hat today
-
Guys I just want to point out
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:20 AM) Watch C-Span today to learn the proper procedure for incorparating the fifth amendment. My note taking pad is out
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) It's very interesting that almost all the Sox minor leaguers they've traded over the last few years are fringe, last man on the roster types. Only Frankie Fransisco has made an impact [and Reed probably will too]. For all the media talk about the Sox thinning out their farm system, the Sox still have plenty of talent left. Jeremy Reed will be a starter very soon, if not on openning day. And that is fine by me, as we got a #2 pitcher in the deal.
-
Based on this yr spring training
Starting pitchers are the 5 guys we have signed to big contracts until further notice. MB Garcia Garland Hernandez Contreras Bullpen Shingo Hermy Viz Politte Cotts Marte Surprise of camp has been BMac no doubt, and that is saying something. We have kept hearing how good he is, and how good he will be... but he has shutdown two of the best hitting teams in baseball in the thin air of AZ. He has been incredible Honorable mentions go to Pablo Ozuna and Reynoso. Both have openned eyes.
-
Shingo
I am not worried about Shingo at all. He'll be fine.
-
Frank releases advance copy of steroid testimony!
QUOTE(LDF @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 06:41 AM) and what will happen to them if they do lie and are found out? Ask Bill Clinton what happens when you lie to Congress. I am really glad they hooked up Frank so that he doesn't have to travel by plane. Everyday that is set back, hurts. And finally you go big fella, make us all proud.
-
[green]Happy St Patrick's Day[/green]
- Will Frank & Jerry work on a new contract?
Boy someone needed a column by a deadline. That was the biggest piece of regurgitation yet. Not a new thought to be seen.- new here
- Senate approves opening ANWR
QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 06:48 AM) What else are we to do with a state that's over twice the size of Texas, but barely contains 600,000 people? If the oil's there, why not take it? Does anybody actually live near ANWR? Drilling in a remote area of northern Alaska is going to result in a much lower public health risk than drilling pretty much anywhere else in America. It's been estimated that ANWR could produce 1 billion barrels per day. That's half of Iraq's output prior to Saddam's overthrow. It's not going to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil by any stretch, but it's still a pretty significant number. And some is better than none, IMO. Nobody wants to see ANWR devastated (that's not going to happen anyway), but as I understand it, we're only drilling 8% of the refuge. Drilling 8% of a wildlife refuge to reduce our overall oil imports by 2.5%? That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Its a million BPD, not a billion. All of OPEC itself is outputting 28.5 million BPD.- You might be a Blueneck if...
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) uhhhh...........................no. Soda, muthuhhhf***aaahhhh! Oh HELL no, you didn't go there? Wez gotz beef now.- Guys I just want to point out
Good Jason good. The first step towards cooking the books is to publish fake numbers. Why do I get the feeling I will be hearing the words "So help you God" in my future?- Cell Phone Poll
Cingular, and they suck. They drop all kinds of calls and are real assholes to work with. I can't wait for my contract to be up so I can drop these losers.- lefty relief
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 06:53 PM) Are you Juggernaut in disguise? Dude the post was one sentance, not one page.- Mark Prior still feels pain in his elbow
Step 2 closer to Tommy John surgery...- Jermaine Dye blurb at ESPN.com
QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 12:46 PM) Your probably right. I wasn't really thinking when i posted it. I have no problem with a moderator completely pulling that post off. Sorry if I caused any trouble for Soxtalk! I cleared it off. Don't worry about it 1422.- Sox signed Giambi to help keep Frank?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 11:42 AM) It does happen that a great working relationship allows the team and agent to negotiate fair contracts and players cluster. Boras' relationship with the Tigers greatly helped Maggs. If that is your new position, I agree. If you are claiming that Tellum should or would tell Frank to sign for less with the Sox *because* the Sox signed Giambi, I still disagree. *because* would be a new position for me. Read my words closely at the beginning. That is way different than the words you are putting in my mouth.- Spring Training Impressions, first hand
I gotta give Quick the point for the best come back- Spring Training Impressions, first hand
I don't know about a fat chick, but the way you two go back and forth I would swear you two were involved- Wolfowitz nominated to head WB
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) The NYT article. (Need to register, but it's up on most news sites anyway.) Why? What qualifies him? Bush is nominating a State/Defense Depts lifer, who isn't very well liked internationally b/c of his role in the Iraq war, to a position concerned with development economics. I'm just confused on this one. Nothing qualifies him. I could find more qualified bloggers. - Will Frank & Jerry work on a new contract?