Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 09:05 AM) Ten people in the league. Positions: C 1B 2b 3b ss of of of Util 6 bench 2 sps 2 rps 3 ps however i cant do it because i proposed it Not what positions, what stat categories.
  2. And you don't think you could go and find the same kinds of posts from Duke fans on a Carolina board? All message boards have those kind of posts. Hell you could pick a half dozen posts of off this board just like that. But I guess that means we are all jealous Sox fans. :rolly Like I said, its arrogence like your post, that makes me not able to stand Duke. You went out of your way to find the dumbest UK supporters you could and used that as evidence, with the connotation that only poor Duke fans have to put up with that. Please.
  3. What kind of a league are you in? Is it a 5X5 or is it bigger? Initially I would say do it. Drop Ponson quick. There has got to be better options than that. Santana is going to get you a ton of stats, and Lee+Patterson will put up Bonds power numbers, plus get you steals. Carpender always is an injury threat, as is Wickman.
  4. I nominate Rowan Atkinson.
  5. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 08:50 AM) I think Quikman is right. Besides, I heard that they could teleconference him in so that he didn't have to actually be there to testify. Is this true? Anyone? I think QM is right also. I have no doubts that the union is pushing players to STFU. The irony is if the union had done something about this 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago, they wouldn't be in this situation now. The union is the one who held this stuff up, and now they are paying for it. You reap what you sow.
  6. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 08:42 AM) What happens when the government is free of any criticism? When anyone who reports that the President authorized a break in, or had sex with an intern, or soldiers murdered civilians, is dismissed as having a bias? Are we better off? By discredting the one group who has the time, resources, and opportunity to "keep the governmnent honest" our elected leaders will have no oversight. This is basically what the Soviet Union had with TASS. And we know how well their society turned out. What happens when the "4th branch of government" is so biased against a single group of people, that they will do anything, including make up stories and evidence to discredit them, their beliefs, and their way of life? Is no one allowed to investigate the media and their intentions? Should no one find out why they are saying what they are saying? Should the media be allowed to favor a certian way of life over another, even while maintaining the charade that they are being fair? Why does the government (who I thought was us incidentally) deserve to be investigated and kept honest, but the people doing the investigating get off scott-free?
  7. No reason, I just wanted to be the first to say it
  8. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) I thought he wanted to speak out on steroids. I guess maybe MLB is forcing him too. I hope that's what it is. He does. But there are numerous reports about his ankle swelling up because of plane flights. This could put his recovery time back, and that is what he does not want.
  9. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 08:17 AM) How can Soxtalk get one of those anthrax irradiators? Jason can't afford it.
  10. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050315/D88R62Q81.html
  11. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 10:01 PM) Just a question, do you ever use anything besides a bunch of jumbled up stats? You forgot "illogical"
  12. QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 07:07 AM) He's encouraged with Willie's 4-19, but upset with Iguchi hitting 5-21, starting agianst 3 or 4 very good right handers, in his first two weeks seeing American pitching? What am I missing? They ahven't even let Iguchi see a left hander yet. What a strange statement from KW. The little things. Harris has actually been doing what he should have been doing for years now. Iguchi has looked rough, including some bad defense thus far. This could be as simple as KW trying to wake up Tad, the sameway he sent a message to Shingo last year, by warning that people who thought they were guarenteed a spot on the team, were not.
  13. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 07:29 AM) I deleted a couple of anger induced posts here. I just want to say to Butter Parque that I, as a UK fan, have always respected Coach K and the Duke program and I resent your remarks about UK fans. Yes, Duke is a better team this year. Great, Enjoy it. Just don't be so f***ing classless. Its pretty much Duke fans calling the kettle black if you ask me. I admire the institution and the program that Coach K has put together, but I would be hard pressed to find a team I hate as much as Duke, and it is solely because of their fans. And I know there are many, many, many people who would agree with me.
  14. Does anybody else see this line as wrong in a sexual harassment allegation Just sayin
  15. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 02:30 PM) Besides Nomar and Greg, trying to put all bias aside, I don't understand how there is anyone on that team you can actaully root for, or like the orginzation. Not only are the players all stuck up and think the world is against them, the Club lies to it's fans, scalps its own tickets, and blames everyone else for there problems. And this is exactly why I LMAO everytime I hear a rant about how evil JR and KW are. The Tribune company has screwed fans for decades. There were blocks of years when the team made no effort to improve the team at all, even when they were averaging 35,000 a night. They do everything that they can to increase their bottom line, including suing their own fans, but that's OK. They are the all-American team. f***ing lemmings is what they are. Yet the Sox actually have always blowed profits into payroll, has tried to improve their teams most years and even when they melted down, they didn't make excuses about it. They did what they had to do and told the fans they were doing it. But the Sox are the team with the unfriendly rep. GMAFB.
  16. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 06:03 PM) Alex...I need some inside info...are you starting??? 20 bucks on the 8th graders if you are LMAO, that's what I was going to ask. As long as Heads is sitting, I got a fidy on the varsity. If Charlie Brown err, Alex plays, all bets are off.
  17. QUOTE(Yoda @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 03:45 PM) True. I am still surprised that we have Freddy Garcia in our team. He had Yankee written all over him at the trading deadline, but out of nowhere comes Kenny with a big trade acquiring him (Garcia) and Davis. Yeah Kenny Williams is such an evil and stupid GM, I don't know why we keep him around
  18. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 05:05 PM) If anyone has had a chance to see the previews from The Weatherman with Nicolas Cage, that's a movie that is set to be released, filmed in Chicago. The real thing of interest is that they filmed it last summer, but there is snow all over the movie. How'd they do it you ask? Tons of fake snow all over the place, which took a lot of work by the crew on the movie. They actually brought fake snow downtown during the dog days of summer to film some of the scenes. Should be very interesting to see how well its pulled off when it releases. I missed that one. I have seen tons of movies done downtown in the past 6 years, but I haven't seen any with fake snow. I have seen a lot of ERs done with real snow on Van Burean at the library, but I can't recall any fake snow.
  19. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 03:23 PM) Buehrle getting knocked around a bit now, don't know why he came back out to pitch this inning. He is getting stretched out. No big deal. MB is probably out of gas right now, but he needs the pitches to get him ready for the regular season.
  20. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) score? inning? all homers by us? Bottom of the 6th 8-2 Sox HRs Rowand 2 Uribe AJP Borchard
  21. Whitesox.com has them
  22. Michael Barrett goes yard to make it 8-2
  23. QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 03:03 PM) 5 hits, he had two doubles yesterday And I know he had a double in the game he hit the two HRs too. He has at least 6 hits now.
  24. Borchard trying to make a statment this spring. God I hope he gets it together.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.