Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 05:58 PM) Crede was a FA? 1 yr, 400G's???? What the f***? Where have I been? He wasn't FA. This is just a contract renewal.
  2. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 04:54 PM) you left out the "lonesome boys" 900 # you work for.. hehehehe Dude we have caller ID, I know its you who calls and hangs up...
  3. Mission Earth by L Ron Hubbard was an incredible Sci-Fi series, but after seeing the butcher job that Travolta and company did to Battlefield Earth, I sure have 2nd thoughts about it.
  4. That other thread has joined Kotex-Boys writings in my mental ignore list, and I doubt I am alone. I posted this for the benefit of the others who had quit reading that stuff too.
  5. http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4240944/d...382&dppid=65193
  6. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050301/D88IBJF00.html
  7. southsider2k5 replied to The Critic's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) I am pretty close to knowing about every word the Beatles ever recorded, and there were MUCH better tracks on Please Please Me. Here is a good link about the songs complete with lyrics. http://www.iamthebeatles.com/article1002.html Oh shoot, I just realized whose post I replied to
  8. southsider2k5 replied to The Critic's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:36 PM) That''s just one particular track from that album, and yes, the lyrics for this particular track are very basic. Tell me something, honestly. Are you familiar with any of the other songs from "Please Please Me"? Because I have my doubts. I am pretty close to knowing about every word the Beatles ever recorded, and there were MUCH better tracks on Please Please Me. Here is a good link about the songs complete with lyrics. http://www.iamthebeatles.com/article1002.html
  9. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:24 PM) kentucky will get it over kansas at this point And they deserve it. They scheduled real teams and left Lexington once or twice before 2005, unlike Kansas did. But these next two weeks will be really telling as the confrence tournies come and go. There have got to be about 10-12 different teams who could still end up as #1 seed.
  10. I would be shocked honestly. I think they are looking for a 2nd QB and stealing a cheaper WR somewhere else. Unless they are looking to release some guys that we aren't expecting to free up some money.
  11. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) Didn't our O-line give up the most sacks in the NFL last season? It's s***ty. And, I for one cannot wait to see Gage actually given an opportunity to play this next season. He can outjump just about any DB, and hopefully Turner integrates Gage into the redzone offense... They were also really hurt last year. All of those guys should be back this year, including getting Columbo back with a full year of training. I don't think the O line should be that bad this year.
  12. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Nice simple effective banner work
  13. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7048029/
  14. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4240724/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
  15. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) did he mean in the rotation, on the entire staff, or in the whole organization? In their history
  16. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:33 AM) Typical of him to play the "I'm Dying" card. "I'm not saying that not getting in would kill me, but I have a heart problem and this stress CAN'T be good for me - I'm dying and I'd rather get in while I'm alive....I mean, I'm not dying tomorrow, but make no mistake, I AM dying, and maybe soon. So if you guys don't vote me in soon, it might be too late.....not that I'm dying tomorrow or anything.....but I could.....cuz of my heart and the stress of not being in the Hall Of Fame.....indirectly.....but still......" Ugh. What an imbecile. I'm glad you said it, because I was thinking the exact samething.
  17. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) This is my favorite quote from the Mariotti article: I think Marriotti has amnesia. Has he ever stayed consistent on any issue ever? I think some people need to do some research and see how many times he has contradicted himself. I was going to a while back, but they don't save the ST archieves for free. YOu have to pay to see the old ones. I ought to start saving his columns.... That is if I can get my cats to stop pissing on them...
  18. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:55 AM) Do they teach this in journalism class? :headshake No Which is why Kotex boy has no idea about it.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to The Critic's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:39 AM) NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! You ain't walked in my shoes!!! Y'ALL DON'T KNOOOOOW ME!!!!! WHATEVA... I DO WHAT I WANNA DO :finger
  20. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 09:06 AM) I don't know about most of you but I hadn't heard of BTK until he got the media push the last month or so. You kinda have to wonder, egomaniac that the guy is trying to get attention, that he seems to feel sort of cheated. I mean if he did this in LA or NYC, he'd be all over the news and be a huge name a la the Nightstalker, Ted Bundy and the rest of the sociopaths. I hadn't heard of him until Law&Order SVU did the "RDK" episode. After that I looked him up.
  21. He will be a scout for the Mets.
  22. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 10:18 AM) We may not be in the Red Sox, Yankees or Cubs world but we are not Milwaukee either. We are middle of the road. Our TV contract is one of the highest in baseball. Average ticket price also is very high. Not just in terms of payroll, but in terms of what teams actually make and can spend I believe the hierarchy goes something like this: 1. Yankees 2. Red Sox 3. Cubs 4. Mets 5. Dodgers 6. Mariners 7. Orioles 8. Angels 9. Braves 10. Houston 11. Giants 12. Phillies 12. White Sox JMO! Compared to much of baseball our ticket prices are pretty cheap. Browse some of the other teams tickets if you are curious, but the Sox are more than reasonable for the market we play in. Heck just check the Cubs prices if you don't believe me.
  23. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050301/D88I8SPO1.html
  24. Sounds to me like either Baj or Cotts is treating :0)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.