Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal
As much as I look forward to reading your posts, I hardly ever get to say this. I agree 100%.
-
WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal
Promised? Kenny Williams never promised anything. He said they were going to try to get a top of the line starter. They explored deals for Randy Johnson, Javier Vazquez, Tim Hudson. They talked seriously to Matt Clement. The deals didn't work out. The Cubs payroll is $100 million because they sold out their entire season. The Sox payroll is middle of the pack, because their attendance is middle of the pack.
-
Unit deal is off because of Vazquez
That is the new LA spin on things. Everything out of Chicago indicates that the Sox weren't involved in this at all, as they were not going to give up Paul Konerko without getting offense in return.
- Contact Eckstein
-
Contact Eckstein
God forbid KW talk up a player on his team.... He spent the last month talking up Jason Grilli while talking to everyone and their brothers to try to find another fifth starter. Actions speak louder than words here...
-
Contact Eckstein
I definately lean towards Eckstein, just for the reason he is primarily a SS. It is much easier for him to adjust to 2B.
-
Contact Eckstein
Loves him so much that he has spent all winter looking at options to replace him...
-
Contact Eckstein
If that works out, I will be thrilled.
-
WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal
I'll delete it... I couldn't figure out what I did...
-
WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal
That is for 2005. He'll probably get around 5-6 mil for 2006 with the way the market is looking...
-
WSCR 670AM, MLB.com: "El Duque" agrees to deal
Good point. Miller has had serious injury problems, and is going to get paid more money than Hernandez. And Hernandez has pitched in many big games.
-
O'Neals suspension downgraded by 10 games
Interesting that ONeal was the only one who got reduced.
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
Tiger Stadium was very cool, very Comiskey-esque. It had tons of character, and a lot of unique qualitites. Comerica is meh as far as the new stadiums go. They have some cool stuff, but it is a very carnival-like atmosphere.
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
At least he isn't that GDd opera singing hot dog vendor from Detroit.... I hate him sooooo much :fyou
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
Is he also explaining the benefits of being the Mets and Orioles?
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
Its because they are all unemployed
-
Harry Potter #1, 8 months before release
http://www.wesh.com/entertainment/4016432/detail.html
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
Can you blame Levine? Its no talent ass-clowns like Kotex-boy that make legitimate reporters look bad. If I were Levine, or any other decent sportsreporter in this town, I wouldn't think much of him either.
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
I'll believe that when I see it.
-
Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
Why didn't he go there originally then? I think that is the point.
-
new snow
Yeah, NYE sucks. I have one more sick day left, and I am very tempted to use then out of spite. It isn't like I am going to lose any holiday pay...
-
Happy Birthday Thomsonmi and Chimpy2121!!!
- new snow
Yeah, but its fun to pick on you anyways You guys work a full day tommorrow?- Bruce Levine (guest host on Mariotti)
$13 million? He has 3 years and $34.5 million remaining on his deal. That is $11.5 mil. - new snow