Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to The Beast's topic in SLaM
    Wait until college... You will have at least one prof who assigns work over breaks, on purpose.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to KipWellsFan's topic in SLaM
    Just like anything, people are going to take what they want out of this... $35 million is too cheap, Bush doesn't care about that part of the world etc. A good point was made about France giving only about $140,000 or so. Why didn't the Sweede call them cheap? I doubt the GDP of France is about 1/300th of the US's. Why didn't the Sweede mention all of the US dominated relief agencies who are going to make up the vast majority of the funds and aid that goes to the region? It is all another attempt to politicize this tragedy for someone's or something's personal gain. And that is just damned sad.
  3. I'd have to say... 1.Garland 2.Harris 3.Politte 4.Crede 5.Everett ...if you take into account both who the Sox want to get rid of, and who would have some value on the open market...
  4. Not an all encompassing set... If you have any specific questions you can post them here, or you can send a private message to anyone of us who helps out at the site.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to KipWellsFan's topic in SLaM
    I guess I see it as looking a gift horse in the mouth.
  6. Yes it did. I did some reordering of some of the stuff. I went to move the Soxtalk Awards towards the top of the page on the contest board, since it was now active.... and then I decided to clean up everything a bit. Some of the old contests have now been moved to the archives, along with the contests being in a different order. SLaP was moved up above The Sports Bar as it is also much more active.
  7. Yes, the nominating has closed.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to KipWellsFan's topic in SLaM
    Its sad that $35 million and all of our international relief agencies that operate out of the US being sent to help these people is hurting our image. Its one of those things where no matter what the US does, people will be pissed off.
  9. That is actually what I meant. Us oldies always end up meeting up at the bar on Friday and Saturday nites, I was trying to see if there was any interest in a gathering that the youngins could attend.
  10. Wow. They had just announced he had cancer. That is so sad.
  11. No green needed, we all know the truth
  12. Wishful thinking huh
  13. A London newspaper is reporting 100,000 plus dead, and possibly up to an estimated 80,000 in one the state of Sumatra. This number could end up being still way higher... http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/...20Standard&ct=5
  14. Death toll now over 80,000, with Indonesia reporting almost 25,000 deaths by itself. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/2...uake/index.html
  15. I am glad someone else thought the same thing. I also thought it was funny that Tex got nominated and has so many votes as the Rush award when he is pretty middle of the road.
  16. I hope so. I really hope playing that wussy schedule comes back to bite them in the ass.
  17. Rooney does lots of college basketball as well. The Sox are really lucky to have the guy.
  18. Exactly why the NFL is so successful. No Yankees, but no Tampa Bay's either.
  19. To an extent I understand what Jim is saying. Most people in general want to listen to someone expound on things they agree with.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to BamaDoc's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    No other righties are making the pen in Chicago. There is no room at the inn. Cotts and Munoz are going to fight for the last spot as lefties. With 5 good starters the pen will be 6 men, no more.
  21. That is a leap of assumption you are making there. You are assuming just because people don't like Kotex-Boy, that they don't accept criticism of the Sox/Bulls. This isn't true. There are very good writers, right here in Chicago, who can consistantly argue a negative view point, yet use journalistic integrity and facts to back them up. Read Sam Smith for a while. He has been the Bulls beat writer for a long time. He doesn't get along with the organization at all, yet he writes the best columns in town on the team.
  22. I thought it was even the Yankees he tried out for? maybe I am wrong though...
  23. Happy Birthday 3E8 and also to a relatively new member chi-guy2!!!!
  24. A happy 25th to the original member of Soxtalk from the White Sox organization!!! Get to the majors already would you?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.