Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Relief Aid
Except the US gov isn't paying for most of the inauguration. Private donors are.
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
If you guys have any more technical analysis or info I would love to read it. This stuff facinates me.
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
Here's something cool about the quakes effect on the earths spin and tilt on its axis. http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/12/29...reut/index.html
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
Another of the strange stories... A woman was scubadiving during the Tsunamis, and had no idea they had happened until she surfaced. http://cnn.usnews.printthis.clickability.c...&partnerID=2004
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
And honestly that is my favorite part of this site. Even the most controversial things can be discussed here as adults, without someone telling you the topic is off limits. It might make things look ugly for a time, but in the end it allows people to express themselves and promotes understanding from all viewpoints.
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
I can't help myself. I AM ADDICTED!!!
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
And my personal favorite, "The Critic"
-
Kotex has been fired from WMVP
OK guys, here is the deal. The other discussion had nothing to do with the subject at hand, so it has been split apart and moved here... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27981 If you all want to talk more about it, feel free
-
Nationals a step closer to going to Washington
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...nl_nationals_dc
-
Kotex has been fired from WMVP
David Wells dubbed him that during his stay in Chicago. The connotations are probably as intended...
-
Ugh..
I did some reorganizing earlier today. I went in to move the Soxtalk Awards up to the top of the page, and then just got busy fixing somethings. Some of the old contests have been moved to the archives (2004 YNOT, fantasy football etc), while the active contests have been moved up to the top of the page. Also I switched the Sports Bar and SLaP around because SLaP is much more busy than the Sports Bar. Besides like Sheryl Crow said, I think a change will do you good
-
Relief Aid
Actually I just go done reading on CNN.com is that the $35 million actually just drained the remaining money out of the federal disaster relief program. They actually have to go petition the budget office for more money if they are going to give anymore aid.
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
Actually your example is faulty, because no one is supposed to be calling you an asshole here... And I really am not going to argue with you on here about this. You can either PM me or send me an email. But what it all amounts to is this isn't allowed, period. Whether you like or not, that's the way that it is.
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
Soxtalk as a whole views that usage as racial stereotype. This policy has been in place for quite a while and has served our diverse community quite well. These are the site's policies, period. You will not be permitted to use stereotypes like that on here, and if this becomes a continuing problem, proper action will be taken.
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
It has nothing to do with the baseball teams. It is about respect for other people. We do not allow people to use terms derogatory to other races, sexes, religions, ways of life, etc. Gay being used to mean dumb is an insult to an entire group of people. It is not cute and it is not funny. Period. I am sorry if this ruins your stay here, but not only is this not Cubstalk.com, it is also not one of those crappy, poorly run team boards where people can say whatever they want and not have to worry about taking responsibility for their actions. We hold ourselves to higher standards than that, and this is one area of those standards.
-
Relief Aid
Its quickly moving that way...
-
Mariotti thread offshoot
Actually the usage of the word "gay" as an insult isn't welcome here. We don't allow people to use any other stereotypical terms as insults, and this is no exception. Please refrain from it in the future.
-
2004 Best of Soxtalk Awards
I don't know what Tex was up to, but I think he didn't want any converstation in the thread? Anyways, I changed it so people can vote, but not post.
-
Relief Aid
Well before this gets too ugly, I do want to post this link http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interactive.a..._aid_04/data.js This is to a whole bunch of aid agencies who are collecting for relief efforts. This is the real way to help these people.
-
Anyone know someone that is going to do a 10-50$
am/pm... details
-
Happy Birthday Pudge!
One of my first favorite players on the Sox
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
I also heard one analyst on CNN international talking about the same scenario, except where a lot of the poor families ran into the now emtpy seas to grab the now floundering fish for food. She especially mentioned this happening to kids who happen to play on lots of those beaches.
-
jerry orbach passes away
Perfect Lenny one liner.
-
Earthquakes and Tsunamis in Asia - 225,000+ dead
Now the odd stories are starting to emerge... Sri Lankans are not finding any animal carcases. They think that they might have sense the quake and fled for higher ground... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...lanka_animals_1
-
I need help
Over Thanksgiving or especially over Spring Break are the most common times. Maybe not your first years, but once you hit the 300, 400, 500 level classes, it will happen.