Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The fest is Jan 14-16 at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Dr. Parking is expensive at the hotel, my recommendation is to park a few blocks away and walk, even if it is really cold out. Parking at the hotel is $32.
  2. Well we definately have to have somekind of a Soxtalk gathering. Any ideas?
  3. There is no way on god's green earth that I ever want to see the f***ing Cubs win anything.
  4. Brings a smile to my face
  5. Giants back within a half game
  6. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...thwayscobb.html This is the backround for the article.
  7. Beckett was always the best.
  8. Are they pitching to Barry at all?
  9. Now Go Giants and Go Astros!!!!
  10. I am always excited at the beginning of off-season. The possibilities are endless. Plus Soxfest is always a blast, and should be again this year.
  11. Now hopefully they can finish off the choke.
  12. Yeah we couldn't send Neal because of the restraining order
  13. Be sure to get your nominations to Tex ASAP, we are about to put up the ballots.
  14. Boy I wish we could have seen many more of these celebrations during July and August.
  15. If Ross hasn't become an OK OFer by now, I doubt it will happen. I know people point to Carlos, but Lee was way younger when he made the conversion. Plus Gload has played more OF in his career than Lee ever did before making the switch.
  16. Damion Miller would be a solid guy to have split time behind the plate. As for Clement, I think something is seriously wrong with him. All of the sudden he has Esteban Loiaza syndrome with the disappearing arm speed. I think his heavy slider could be an asset on the southside, but he has to be healthy without a doubt. Right now he is out of the rotation for Glendon Rusch, and might not even be on the playoff roster. That scares me.
  17. Well stay safe again.
  18. Aaron Rowand is not a number two hitter. He can't bunt, and doesn't have an inside out swing to move over runners. I would much rather see him hit leadoff if we don't find a lead off hitter. If we do he would be great to anchor the bottom of the line up.
  19. It depends on the guy. I get excited about hitters long before I get excited about pitchers. Pitchers seem to flame out a lot more often.
  20. And pick your words carefully because I am only 2 1/2 months behind her.
  21. It comes down to what is your philosophy on winning. Let it flow, or make it happen. I would much rather see a guy sieze the bull by the horns and try to win.
  22. Not a chance. Valdez is too punch and judy to out produce Crede for a full season.
  23. To a lot of people it is that simple...
  24. And that play shows exactly why ARow is not a #2 hitter. He is a terrible bunter, and doesn't handle the bat that well. I would be hitting Aaron #1 and Willie #2 or #9.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.