Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Older Soxfest Threads
The fest is Jan 14-16 at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Dr. Parking is expensive at the hotel, my recommendation is to park a few blocks away and walk, even if it is really cold out. Parking at the hotel is $32.
-
Older Soxfest Threads
Well we definately have to have somekind of a Soxtalk gathering. Any ideas?
-
Hawkins BS
There is no way on god's green earth that I ever want to see the f***ing Cubs win anything.
-
Hawkins BS
Brings a smile to my face
-
Los Angeles @ San Francisco
Giants back within a half game
-
Modern Day Slaves in the US
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...thwayscobb.html This is the backround for the article.
-
Baseball cards
Beckett was always the best.
-
Los Angeles @ San Francisco
Are they pitching to Barry at all?
-
Hawkins BS
Now Go Giants and Go Astros!!!!
-
Anyone Else....
I am always excited at the beginning of off-season. The possibilities are endless. Plus Soxfest is always a blast, and should be again this year.
-
Hawkins BS
Now hopefully they can finish off the choke.
-
Happy Birthday Steff!
Yeah we couldn't send Neal because of the restraining order
-
Sox Talk Hall of Fame Nominees
Be sure to get your nominations to Tex ASAP, we are about to put up the ballots.
-
White Sox - Rangers pics for 9/8/04
Boy I wish we could have seen many more of these celebrations during July and August.
-
Ross Gload O-Meter
If Ross hasn't become an OK OFer by now, I doubt it will happen. I know people point to Carlos, but Lee was way younger when he made the conversion. Plus Gload has played more OF in his career than Lee ever did before making the switch.
-
2 Ex-Cubs Available in '05
Damion Miller would be a solid guy to have split time behind the plate. As for Clement, I think something is seriously wrong with him. All of the sudden he has Esteban Loiaza syndrome with the disappearing arm speed. I think his heavy slider could be an asset on the southside, but he has to be healthy without a doubt. Right now he is out of the rotation for Glendon Rusch, and might not even be on the playoff roster. That scares me.
-
Ever see 'Groundhog Day'?
Well stay safe again.
-
Who Do you Want at the top of the order?
Aaron Rowand is not a number two hitter. He can't bunt, and doesn't have an inside out swing to move over runners. I would much rather see him hit leadoff if we don't find a lead off hitter. If we do he would be great to anchor the bottom of the line up.
-
When do you get excited about a prospect?
It depends on the guy. I get excited about hitters long before I get excited about pitchers. Pitchers seem to flame out a lot more often.
-
Happy Birthday Steff!
And pick your words carefully because I am only 2 1/2 months behind her.
- Next Year............
-
FYI: Jeremy Reed
It comes down to what is your philosophy on winning. Let it flow, or make it happen. I would much rather see a guy sieze the bull by the horns and try to win.
-
Too Early to Judge Valdez?
Not a chance. Valdez is too punch and judy to out produce Crede for a full season.
-
More Maggs
To a lot of people it is that simple...
-
Game Thread 9-24
And that play shows exactly why ARow is not a #2 hitter. He is a terrible bunter, and doesn't handle the bat that well. I would be hitting Aaron #1 and Willie #2 or #9.