Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. But I thought help was on the way?, why does he need my help? And why is is so much harder to be in the Bush camp?
  2. I do understand that the Illinois Sports Authority runs things, but you do have certian rights as a renter, and I would imagine if they tried to bring in someone to share the park, the Sox would be owed something. And it sounds like right now that is 2%, but I wonder if they threw a fit, if they could increase that number?
  3. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=1849072
  4. We haven't had a government actually try to cut spending since daddy Bush was in office. The size of the budget plenty outscaled inflation during the Clinton years, but was dwarfed by the increases in tax receipts. We haven't seen true fiscal responsibility in a long, long time as a country.
  5. Victor's problem is that he has too much movement on his pitches. Nothing is straight. If he had just one pitch that he could count on, he would be one of the best in the game.
  6. Actually the more I think about it... If the Sox could make some kind of a cut, by the Cubs playing at the Cell I am all for it. Expoit them, use them, and get some players for it.
  7. I have always seen those figures quoted, but it wouldn't be the first time I was using an urban legend as a fact either. That is why I want to know for sure.
  8. Don't worry about it. Like I said everyone is edgy. Long losing streaks do that to people
  9. Where have you seen that the middle class pays the most taxes? Everything I have read said that the top 5% pay 20% of taxes, and the top 20% pay 80% of taxes. If this isn't true, I want to know.
  10. Sorry man. People's nerves are a little frayed right now. Enjoy.
  11. But don't you know the season is over... rolleyeyes.gif
  12. Even funnier would be JR saying "no"
  13. This is the real deal http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5550334/
  14. He reminds me of Homers' perfect bowling game episode...
  15. I don't know there have been plenty of "the season is over" type threads...
  16. I don't care if it is the complete opposite, Kasmir is going to be something special. Plus he will be a rookie and much cheaper. And I would be willing to bet he puts up much better numbers than Loz does next year.
  17. If the Mets are offering Kasmir for Loiaza, do it in a heartbeat.
  18. Happy Birthday AHB!!!
  19. Call me when we get to IN HS basketball
  20. Two rules. Don't put words in my mouth, and don't attack my friends.
  21. Let me make this real f***ing clear. I DON'T CARE IF YOU AGREE WITH ME OR NOT. BUT I WASN'T ARGUING WITH YOU. One sided partisian bulls***??? WTF are you talking about??? And I wasn't defending Lynee Cheney. Where did I give some kind of opinion on the activities of Cheney... Oh yeah, I didn't. God, quit making s*** up! Yeah this thread started about Al, and surprise, surprise someone who has been watching your posts made the connection between Als wife and your idol. And where the f*** did I "trash" Tipper Gore. Every f***ing statement I said about her was of a factual nature. NO WHERE did I get a person opinion of Tipper Gore. NOWHERE. QUIT MAKING s*** UP!!! I was trying to explain someone's f***ing opinion to you, and you go all f***ing nuts. Now you have me f***ing pissed off. Both for putting f***ing words into peoples mouths and for attacking my friends. You are acting like an irrational nutcase. I wasn't even trying to win a god damned arguement with you. I was trying to moderate to try to help you understand something you obviously made the wrong assumption on. You had to go all ballistic and start attacking people, just like you get all pissed off about when people do it to you. But I guess that is how you handle dissenting opinion, and why you are so sensative when people do it to you. But if you want to take something stupid like this and make it a personal arguement, let's go.
  22. Easy killer. You aren't getting this at all. The post had nothing to do about Lynne Cheney. Nothing. It is obvious that you wouldn't like Cheney so why would someone comment on the fact that Cheney is for censorship? That doesn't make any sense at all! There are no contradictions in not liking Cheney and what she stands for, and Eminem. That is probably why she wasn't mentioned. There is no story there. There is a story in extolling the vertues of someone who is against one of the artists you respect most. That is why only Tipper was mentioned. It wasn't some huge conspiracy to piss you off. It was just a simple befuddlement. As I said Tipper crusades were much earlier. Hence the references to the two groups she went after the hardest. Ever since Al has gotten into the national spotlight, her crusade for censorship has been very quiet. So of course she wouldn't be commenting on today's artists. I only said that he would be the type of artist she would target, which I believe is what the poster was questioning you on. I really think you are making a crusade out of a question. Relax a little bit.
  23. Neals numbers would be fine, but for some reason Ozzie likes to follow Neal with Mike Jackson, who has allowed 14 of 22 runners inherited to score. I wonder what Neals era would be with someone like Adkins or Politte following him out of the pen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.