Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    They don't care about the stadium. Just like here it is all about the product on the field. Ilitch has a fraction of the budget for the Tigers as he does for the Wings. The Wings are the Yankees of the NHL, the Tigers are just now finally starting to sign some players after years of bad teams.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    And to add to that question, how much more would you be willing to pay? Would you be willing to pay double for a car that was totally, from beginning to end, produced and made in the USA? How about on regular items? Would you be willing to pay $2000 for a computer again? $500 for a CD player? Seriously, I want to hear back on this. I keep hearing that we need to stop outsourcing, but I have yet to hear some realisitic answers on how to do so.
  3. southsider2k5 replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    I appreciate all of the facts and research, but what I am saying is would the impact of a fully US produced product be less than the losses through outsourcing. There are so many factors that would go into this. Gosh just the inflationary spiral alone would be huge. Can you imagine what would happen if the cost of most goods just doubled? And with the factor differential in wages, I think it would be a multiple increase, instead of a doubling. If you had to produce every step of a car in the US, costs would explode. And I do understand what you are saying about record profits, but you realize that is what has lead to record equity prices at the sametime. There is a direct correlation between the two. Plus that is where most people's retirement money is. If we go slashing profits, by increasing costs, we are looking at a huge correction in the stock market, which reminisant of what the NASDAQ did in 2000-2002. That would lead to huge job cuts, both to cut margins to save profits, and to stall production because of purchasing cutbacks due to cost increases that would inevitably be handed on to consumers. My question is where is the balance, and where is the line for the greatest good of all?
  4. http://www.fresnobee.com/24hour/front/stor...p-9064067c.html The AP wire version of the story http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/31/politics...ml?pagewanted=2 Same story, from the NY Times
  5. They also have a ELo bobblehead doll day in a few weeks.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    Question for you Apu or anyone else. If we stop outsourcing, how do US companies compete on a world wide market. The cost structure that they would face would be enormous. Espesially when you factor in added costs like SS tax, unemployment taxes, health insurance, pensions etc. I honestly think if a company like Ford built a car COMPLETELY in the US, from the parts being built in the US, all of the way through the labor, steel, assembly, etc, I can't see how a Focus wouldn't cost $50,000 to make. If it were just US markets I could see it happening, but being a world wide economy, is it possible?
  7. That doesn't surprise me at all. I don't know what it is anymore, but the US budget has this huge number, well into the billions that is just for errors. They have no idea where this money is, or went.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    And there is a big perception up there that their ownership (Ilitch) only cares about the Red Wings, and could care less about the Tigers.
  9. Getting rid of Koch, by far.
  10. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5569979/
  11. Yeah but with guys like Don Cooper and Sandy around, those bad habits can be fixed.
  12. Right back to that trying to hard thing... RELAX!!!
  13. Hmmm so KW isn't the only one who screws up stuff like this...
  14. I don't think we have played them yet, right?
  15. southsider2k5 replied to CubsSuck1's topic in SLaM
    Except for that convient loophole for Heinz....
  16. Well he does live in Valparaiso, IN
  17. Hmmm I wonder if Ozzie is OldSocks?
  18. Cotts is an interesting name. I think this year in the pen will help him in the long run, and he could be the 5th starter next year.
  19. He started awful. It has been an impressive stretch to get back to where he is now. Stewart could be a viable 5th option, if he is fully healthy again. That circulation problem after the line drive last year really messed him up.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Frank is the same as last year, where he has an option at a lower price, if he declines, we can still pick up his option at a higher price.
  21. If we are in it, we won't see Baj, unless he is just lights out. I think we have learned a lesson about rushing pitchers this year though... I gotta imagine we would see Diaz, Wunsch, and Sanders before we see Jeff.
  22. I kinda doubt it as well, espesially since KW made it clear that Diaz was going nowhere at the deadline.
  23. There has to be potential there. They guy was a first round pick. Hopefully this change of scenery will help him realize that potential
  24. Sure they get their signal from the 3B coach, who gets his signal from the MGR. But you know that players make snap decesions out there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.