Everything posted by 35thstreetswarm
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
"Toughest stretch of the season"
-
8/12 White Sox vs Reds, 6:40PM CHSN, Castillo vs Lowder
Making it similar to...virtually every home series when the White Sox have been in first place? It could also be the last time to see [insert player here] before a season-ending injury, sunshine
-
8/11 Sox vs. Rojos. Peace Be With You, 6:40 CHSN
The place was absolutely rocking tonight. A real waste of a packed house and incredibly favorable pitching matchup. Felt like a sure win.
-
How do we feel about the Tim Anderson retirement game
I dunno, most of the tepid to negative reactions on this thread have nothing to do with Anderson's personal life and more to do with the weirdness of the timing and circumstances.
-
How do we feel about the Tim Anderson retirement game
I have to say that any serious focus on the Ramirez incident - other than as a joke - is goofy meathead BS. This idea that his character was somehow exposed because a bigger player beat him in a fight is ridiculous, even if that's what happened in that 5-second incident. (In fact it looked like he just took a glancing blow as he was losing pulling/falling back out of a typically fake pro-sports skirmish.) Not directed at this poster, by the way, but at the outsize importance I've seen this take on with some fans.
-
How do we feel about the Tim Anderson retirement game
The definition of "too soon." A central theme of this season has been exorcising the demons of the post-2021 implosion. Now we dedicate a night to that team's posterchild? Not to mention celebrating the "retirement" of somebody who's still playing age is odd, basically a celebration that he's officially completed his tragic flameout. That said, I'm all for celebrating TA as a player when the time is right. Really like him a lot.
-
Are the Red Sox cheating?
2013 Red Sox went from a 69 win team to World Series champs in a single season. This is easy
-
Are the Red Sox cheating?
Not sure that's what's going on here, but aren't you the poster who actually accuses Jim Thome of cheating all the time with zero evidence based on the fact that he was good, big, and played at a time when other people were cheating?
-
Are the Red Sox cheating?
Sadly this is why this topic—which would have been treated as totally ridiculous conspiracy theorizing in the pre-Astros era—is something you have to consider. MLB incentivized cheating with its flaccid response to the Astros scandal. I’m surprised we haven’t seen it more, and I sadly will never dismiss cheating allegations out of hand again.
-
8/6 Gamethread: White Sox (Castillo) @ Red Sox (Suarez) - 8:10 PM ADT
Yes. 116, I think. 2007 Rockies also come to mind. Their heater got them all the way to the WS before the spell broke.
-
Are the Red Sox cheating?
Yeah, you can lock them in there with some certified NL powerhouse. You know, like baseball's richest team and defending World Series champs, or that second place team that hasn't won its division in 6 years...wait
-
Chi Sox @ Bo Sox 6:10 First Pitch
I know we've talked about a lot of "toughest stretches of the season," but this truly feels like the toughest series of the season, coming into the home park of baseball's hottest team on the heels of two other brutal AL East series. Good test for Willie's boys.
-
Sox acquire Brenton Doyle - trade Adams and Carlos Vielma (SS)
I hope Doyle mashes, and does so in a way that doesn't prove any Soxtalk posters wrong.
-
Gausman to the Cubs
Psych!
-
Daulton Varsho to HOU
Yep. Nothing is certain. You only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow
-
Robbie Ray to Padres
Too much for a rental, glad we didn't match.
-
Sox acquire Brenton Doyle - trade Adams and Carlos Vielma (SS)
I loved Brazoban deal and am fine with Castillo. I don't get this trade at all, especially the addition of ANOTHER prospect to the mix? Just bizarre. "Nothing at all" seems like a much better move here, we have plenty of AAAA outfielders.
-
Gausman to the Cubs
I hope this is the best starter the Cubs acquire. Meh.
-
White Sox acquire Huascar Brazobán for RHPs Gabe Davis & Zach Franklin
Like this deal a lot. I truly think this bullpen is shaping up to be a team superpower down the stretch.
-
And that's a statement sending, series winning, White Sox winner!
I liked this White Sox series-winning thread better when it was devoted to the White Sox winning a huge series.
-
Jose Soriano to jays
Wow, everybody’s buying I guess
-
And that's a statement sending, series winning, White Sox winner!
This is one of those double-take moments in the season where I reevaluate my expectations of this team yet again. Who are these guys? This is the kind of performance you see from good teams. Like…good teams.
-
Pitchers just kinda find it, huh (sean burke rules)
I am curious about Schultz's profile as someone who didn't follow him all that closely. How much of his hype is tied to his height (and the impact that imposing height has on delivery and perception of his pitches) vs. stuff? I know he's giant, but it doesn't seem to translate into elite velocity, at least right now...what was it that made him that made him so highly rated? Genuine question.
-
Schultz to the bullpen as he nears his innings limit?
Wow…even weirder!
-
Schultz to the bullpen as he nears his innings limit?
Why are we talking about fathers? This thread got weird fast