Everything posted by chw42
-
Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread
Why is Jenks in?
-
SN: Scouting Report On Nunez
He doesn't need the slider if he can locate the fastball. Just ask Matt Thornton.
-
Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread
It's okay to fall asleep when you're up by 10. Don't tell that to the Twins though.
-
Fields v. Getz
Getz is a nice little player. I really like his speed. He just doesn't get on base enough.
-
2010 Lineup
QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:08 PM) I hope Kenny brings in Figgins to leadoff and play 3B and Carl Crawford to play CF. Figgins should be priority #1. Don't expect Pods to reproduce the same results he put up this year.
-
Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:07 PM) I noticed no one is complaining Thornton threw Ransom all fastballs. Because Cody Ransom sucks and can't catch up to 97 MPH fastballs up. It's nice to see Gavin and Peavy having a good time in the dugout.
-
2009 AL Central Thread
Guerrier's been lights out this year. If you get to the 8th behind the Twins (especially at the dome), you're kind of screwed.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
Coop can fix him. Wouldn't that be a smack in Cubs fans' faces?
-
Nunez up Lillibridge down
Ed Farmer is going to have a good time with J-honny.
-
Reasons why Jake Peavy is Good
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 02:04 AM) First and foremost, his injury shouldn't be too big of a deal. It's his ankle but it had nothing to do with pitching, he hurt it running the bases. Obviously, that won't be too big of a problem in the AL. Ok, so I've heard many people voice some concerns about Peavy, and I'd like to address some of them. Never does well under pressure/never succeeds in big games: Well, according to Baseball Reference, this is blasphemy. In high leverage situations throughout his career, 837 PA to be exact, he has a 2.94 K/BB ratio, a .215 BAA, and hitters only muster a smoking .599 OPS. He's struck out 203 of those batters and gotten 42 DP. Second, I've heard some people voice concerns over Peavy coming to the AL and how that would affect his numbers. Well, in inter-league play throughout his career, he's got a 3.29 inter-league ERA in 20 starts which is exactly the same as his career average. Against the AL, his numbers are: .235 BAA .291 OBP .663 OPS 120.1 IP 113 K 33 BB 3.42 K/BB 1.17 WHIP 8.5 K/9 He strikes out a lot of hitters and doesn't walk many, and now he's going to be coached by Don Cooper. He keeps the ball down and he's an ace. Oh yeah, don't forget he's 28 years old and under our control for at least 3 more seasons. This injury is nothing. I saw the condensed game in which he pitched with the ankle hurt against the Diamondbacks. That was his last start before being up on the DL. 7 innings 2 ER 8 Ks and 2 walks. He did give up 7 hits though. I saw him starting to hobble at the end of the start though. He did end up getting one more out after I saw him limping a little bit jumping off the mound. He should be fine. I'd love to have him around mid-August, but we don't want a bad Peavy who might use more arm than his lower body. He's already got a very unorthodox delivery that doesn't look very healthy for his arm. So the last thing we want him to do is screw up his mechanics along with his arm for the next couple of years.
-
Our pitching staff for years to come...
QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 11:58 AM) Does anyone think the sox sign Contreras to a cheap contract + incentives for an insurance policy next year? (ie. the Colon of 2010) I wouldn't mind keep JC for one year if it is an inexpensive option, would be a good insurance policy. Wouldn't be a bad idea. However, I see Jose having a good August and September. He's been good down the stretch his entire career. So he might have some other bidders. The stuff is still there.
-
Reduced Ticket Prices for Angels Series
I just might go to one of these games.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
I LOVE speed. That 7th inning was so fun to watch. Sometimes, you have to force the other team's hand.
-
Sox versus Yankees July 31, 2009 game thread
If only DJ knew that Derek Jeter was kind of fast.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:43 PM) Keep in mind Peavy did pitch 3 starts after the injury, with a heavily taped ankle. After the MRI they shut him down. I guess I'm saying it's not the kind of injury that completely prevented him from throwing. I'll miss Richard, I think this guy is going to be a stud. But man...what a rotation. He pitched pretty well in his last start too. 7 innings of 2 run ball with 8 Ks against Arizona.
-
Our pitching staff for years to come...
QUOTE (sam785 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 05:47 PM) Thunderbolt: Do you plan on changing your sig? You certainly know now. xD
-
Our pitching staff for years to come...
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 05:03 PM) in 07 and 08 his ERA+s were 159 and 134. Will his ERA go up? Of course it will, but the other pitcher has to pitch in the same ballpark Peavy is against a line-up with a DH. A ERA+ of 134 will translate to a ERA of 3.45 at the Cell. That's what Buehrle has right now.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
Peavy is a b**** for rejecting it in the first place. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get hurt if he accepts the deal in May. Because he hurt it running the damn bases.
-
Our pitching staff for years to come...
Even if we don't win anything this year. The next couple of years will be absolutely AMAZING in terms of pitching. Even if Peavy puts up a ERA in the mid 3s instead of the 2s, he's still a very, very good starter. 1. Peavy 2. Buehrle 3. Danks 4. Floyd All I have to say is wow. That's going to be the best pitching staff in the AL for years to come.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
So ummm, who is going to start tonight...?
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
This is f***ing unreal.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
^That could be a possibility.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
He's retroactive to the 15 day DL on June 9th. They could always take him off and trade him.
-
Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter
Uh, what?
-
Reds and Blue Jays considering Rolen-Alonso swap.
Ok good. I almost thought Walt Jockety lost his mind.