Everything posted by chw42
-
Kendall Graveman agrees to deal w/Sox 3/$24
I just find it funny that TLR was accusing Graveman of hitting Abreu on purpose and then he's our first off-season signing. As for the deal itself, meh. I guess he replaces Tepera/Kimbrel next year. I honestly think Tepera is a better reliever than him. Graveman has better stuff and more upside, but he seemingly was lucky last year and gave up a ton of hard contact whenever I watched him pitch.
-
Wander Franco 12 year extension?
Oh man, even Tampa is ponying up.
-
Where could Kimbrel be traded, and for what?
Honestly, Segura fits right in with this team's philosophy on offense. He hits the ball on the ground over half the time.
-
2022 Offseason Plan Thread
3 WAR for Anderson and Moncada is pretty low considering both had meh years on offense last year and still ended up at 4.5 WAR.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Next three games might be one of their easier stretches too, even though Indiana on a back to back might not be a walk in the park. The roughest part of the schedule is probably over, but they do have a tough 5 game stretch next week. Barring any injuries to the main guys, the Bulls have definitely proven they can be a contender in the East. Maybe not title contenders, but definitely worthy of a trip to the ECF.
-
Where could Kimbrel be traded, and for what?
Player B is also on a one year deal at market rate and doesn't require you giving up a draft pick. I think that part is very important.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
That sequence where he got 2 offensive boards in one possession was great.
-
Justin Verlander re-signs in Houston
I wonder how much more he got than the QO.
-
Justin Verlander re-signs in Houston
Yeah, this along with how many innings he can throw next year are my biggest issues with Verlander. There's no way he's going to be able to throw more than 150 innings next year given he hasn't thrown much in the past 2 years, right?
-
2022 Offseason Plan Thread
KW will resurrect Catfish Hunter to pitch for the Sox.
-
2022 Offseason Plan Thread
Or you know...he just really likes dolphins.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Sorry, you asked for it this time.
-
2021 Soccer Thread
That game at Canada is going to be big for the US.
-
2021 Soccer Thread
At least the US didn't lose to Jamaica. Ugly game without McKinnie or Miles Robinson. 3 points would have been nice, but 1 point isn't bad considering they beat Mexico.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Yeah, I wouldn't be real confident in him staying healthy if I'm an Angels fan. What kind of healthy pitcher rushes into a signing just so he might have a fallback plan in cases he fails his physical?
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
League average true shooting % is down a whole 2% from last year. It hasn't been this low since 2017. The three true outcomes of basketball (3s/layups/FTs) made the game more efficient, but also took away a lot of the fun of basketball. The new rule change really brought down one of those 3 outcomes and we're seeing it have a big effect on the overall game.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
They could have kept Caruso for 2 years and $20 million. Instead they opted to trade for Westbrook, gave THT similar money over 3 years, and got a bunch of ring chasers who were too old. THT might end up being a really good player, but they really went with a bunch of ring chasers over a really good role player in Caruso that was instrumental in their 2020 championship.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Yeah if Thor got that much throwing 2 meh innings Rodon will get something better no doubt about it.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
Well, it's just one year. But that's a lot of money to sink into a guy who has thrown 2 innings in the past 2 years. Especially since the Angels have had a ton of issues with health on their pitching staff in the past.
-
MLB 2021-2 off season thread
I thought he was looking for $200 million. Seems like he wants to stay in Toronto.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Lonzo is putting on a show.
-
Conforto rejects QO, enters free agency
I'm afraid Didi might be toast without the old ball and a short porch to homer into.
-
Eduardo Rodriguez to DET
I honestly think he just got unlucky last year. His exit velo and hard hit % were both really good. So the high BABIP really didn't make a lot of sense. It's also way easier to pitch in Detroit than it is in Boston, like you said. I feel like it's damn near impossible to hit a homer to dead center in Detroit.
-
Conforto rejects QO, enters free agency
The money actually makes sense there. I just don't know if the Phillies would be willing to trade one of their better position players for Kimbrel.
-
Conforto rejects QO, enters free agency
I see a few issue with Marte. 1. He's 33 and he plays a young man's game. How long will his speed hold up given he's going to be in his mid to late 30s by the end of the contract he gets? His sprint speed has been decreasing the last 2 years. From 89th percentile in 2020 to 83rd percentile last year. 2. A large amount of the increase in his value last year on offense came from him walking a lot more, something he's never done before in his career. Is this an outlier or has he actually acquired better plate discipline? 3. He hits a lot of ground balls. 54% of his balls in play were grounders last year. This isn't really a bad thing, but on a team that has issues with hitting too many ground balls, I'm not sure you want to add to that problem. Don't get me wrong, I think Marte is a really good player, I just don't think he's a great fit on this team. A lot of teams also want him to play CF, but he probably profiles as a better corner OFer given his age and decrease in sprint speed as he ages.