Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Friedman ain’t spending $350M+’on Harper despite what the Boras hype machine wants you to beleive.
  2. They’re trying to land Machado & Harper, they won’t be trading Abreu or Alonso at this point.
  3. Another reason why Kluber + Pollock makes way more sense for them.
  4. Seems like a guy who might jump at the opportunity of a closer role.
  5. I think this guy is living off the Darvish leak, but that’s obviously just me guessing.
  6. With Machado not signing until next year, I wonder if the Sox address the pen before 2018 comes to a close. Adding Ottavino to be the closer would be a fantastic move IMO.
  7. 100% agree. But if he’s as dominant in AAA as he was in AA, then I want him up here for a few months until he hits his innings limit.
  8. Nothing meaningless about getting Cease some major league experience given his importance to the 2020 club.
  9. Yonder could be our 2018 MVP and not play a single game for us.
  10. Which makes sense. They need a legit ace much more than an expensive OF upgrade, although I do think they’ll end up with Kluber & Pollack and accomplish both goals.
  11. The Reds didn’t really take on that much money and moved a completely useless player in the process. The Cubs would have to move Heyward and not take any money back, which is going to be exponentially more difficult to pull off.
  12. I don’t care what anyone says, Harper is totally signing with us.
  13. Vaughn is definitely intriguing. I know in a perfect world you’d want an up the middle type player or a pitcher with ace upside at #3, but I’m not passing on a 1B if my scouts are confident he can be elite.
  14. This is all about leveraging our financial resources to add impact talent. Tim Anderson (at least right now) isn’t going to prevent me from adding a 27 year old, stud SS.
  15. The plan shouldn’t change if we miss out on Machado & Harper. Next year we simply go after Arenado, Rendon, & Bogaerts. Definitely puts a ton of pressure on us to land one of those guys, but that’s still better than taking on a bad long-term contract IMO.
  16. You can’t honestly think they added Alonso for any other reason but to improve their chances with Machado right?
  17. I don’t see ace upside with Giolito, but maybe a quality #3 starter with a few more ticks and more consistent command.
  18. Moncada probaly has top 5 tools in all of baseball and a great eye, so plenty of reason to be optimistic with him despite struggling some as a 23 year old.
  19. Especially when Harper struggles to stay healthy and Machado has a history of knee problems.
  20. I don’t disagree, but Cooper at least has a track record of success. I do worry the game may be passing him by a bit.
  21. I find it crazy that Steverson & Sparks are both still here given the struggles of most of our young hitters.
  22. Thanks for sharing...did not know that about Mitchell.
  23. Which rebuilds are you referring to? Make sure not to include the Cubs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.