Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Just depends what they’re trading them for. Top 50 prospects usually only get moved for high-end controllable talent and four of the guys you listed fit the ball. I’m not overly concerned about losing Stiever and especially not Mendick. And I’d wouldn’t sleep over losing Dunning in the right trade even though I’d try avoiding moving him if at all possible.
  2. I think he was one of the most major league bats in recent draft memory and it sounds like the Sox really like what they’ve seen from him in Schaumburg.
  3. All good! Just couldn’t connect the dots, but now your post makes a ton of sense.
  4. If we're mapping out our near-term rotation plans, here's how I have things shaking out assuming the addition of Lynn and based on a theoretical acquisition cost of Lopez, Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo.
  5. Sorry @bmags, but I’m stealing your post and putting it here as well.
  6. What am I missing here with Fry and why does he matter at all? You must be referring to someone else, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.
  7. But why? Vaughn is more or less ready and you’d be taking a big money for a need that doesn’t really exist.
  8. I think we only sign one of Cespedes or Colas given the funds we have left. To me Yoelkis is the get as he’d add plus defense in RF whereas Colas sounds fairly questionable with the glove. Either way, adding either one of those guys changes the long-term thought process when it comes to RF.
  9. Oh shit, I didn’t realize he got hurt, thought he had simply opted-out due to COVID. Ignore the dollar amounts I quoted then. I’d still be willing to take him on a shorter-term contract though if he only costs money and no elite options are available via trade.
  10. To me, it’s not necessarily about redundancy but more around price. You can never have enough bullpen weapons come playoff time and that value would be factored into the cost of a Hader.
  11. He’d cost us all our major chips and IMO he represents more of a luxury than a need.
  12. Resources are limited though and we should not waste them on lateral moves. Seager costs us $18M next year and money that could be used towards RF. The prospects you’re talking about giving up could be two major pieces for a legit TOR starter this offseason. Personally, if a guy like DeGrom isn’t available this coming offseason, I’d rather just keep Kopech & Madrigal, sign someone like Stroman to a 4/$80M deal, and acquire the best stop-gap RF that can buy us a year until hopefully a Cespedes or Colas is ready (assuming we sign one of them).
  13. Why would where they’re playing the games affect the start times?
  14. I honesty don’t get what Seager accomplishes outside a little better balance. He’s a fine player, but he simply makes our team older & more expensive. Any dollars we have to commit to the lineup should be allocated to a RF upgrade. As for Gonzalez, just don’t think he’s the answer to what we’re looking for. We need another arm that can be dangerous come October and Dallas already has one spot locked down. I really don’t want to throw out two soft-tossing lefties with similar arsenals in a playoff series.
  15. Yeah, I was a little confused at first when he was talking about the Dodgers. But in terms of our lineup, we still got Andrew Vaughn coming and an upgrade in RF will happen at some point, whether that be adding a free agent, making a trade, or signing one of the big Cuban outfielders like Yoelkis Cespedes. And what’s really scary is that Tim (4), Yoan (5), Eloy (6), Luis (7), Vaughn (6), & Madrigal (6) are all controlled for the next four to seven years. This window is just opening up for us and the lineup is already a force to be reckoned with.
  16. Gonzales is obviously a good starter, but fairly similar to Keuchel and wouldn’t want my post-season having two guys like that. Seager I’d want no part at his age & contract, especially when it requires moving Moncada off a position he’s both comfortable and very good at.
  17. The Rangers play tonight at 6pm and Lynn is scheduled to be on the mound for them. That could really accelerate things from a trade perspective. Also, just wanted to post the quote from Ken Rosenthal that I referenced earlier. If teams are truly unwilling to move a top 100 prospect for him and the Rangers figure now is the time to move him regardless, then we better be serious players with a 3 or 4 player quantity-based package similar to how we got the A’s to bite on a Shark deal. Fuck, I’d give up Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo plus Lopez at this point. That package lacks a true centerpiece, but gives them an arm they can instantly replace Lynn with that might benefit from a change of scenery, a pitching prospect that had some serious helium coming into the season, a major league ready LH power bat that could immediately factor into their 1B/DH mix, and a high risk / high reward OF prospect that may only be a year or so away. I’m sure they’d rather land a blue chipper plus lesser pieces, but if the market is suppressed because of COVID-related concerns, that‘s a deal I think they’d consider.
  18. Dunning’s stuff looked spectacular those first few innings. I feel like we must have been watching different pitchers.
  19. Apparently Ken Rosenthal has been speculating that teams may not be willing to pay a huge price for Lynn given the economic environment and the increased value of cheap young talent. I still think a quantity-based package (Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo) might be enough to get something done. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.