Chicago White Sox
Members
Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Not sure how stretching guys out will work in Schaumburg, but I think that’s the plan for Dunning.
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
Won’t matter in two weeks, because both guys would have been amongst the first cuts to get down to 28.
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
I think Madrigal does, but not sure Dunning gets a spot right given the roster shrinks to 28 in two weeks. I think they stretch him out as much as they can and keep him as starter depth.
-
White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced
How did they add four guys to the 40 man roster when they only had one opening and only cut one active player?
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
Have they released the final roster?
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
Especially when the season isn’t guaranteed to finish.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
We had like the worst production out of RF last year and with Mazara out we now have noodle-armed, no bat Engel as our primary option. I just can’t believe they couldn’t find a single minor league free agent with some upside as a fallback plan.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
When are they announcing the OD roster? Will be very interesting to see if they open up any 40 man roster spots. Feels like Heuer should definitely get a spot and if they want to add anyone else (say Delmonico or maybe Cuthbert) someone has got to go. Seems like the chopping block if a spot is needed would come down to Fulmer (no options), Ruiz (not very good and only one option left), Foster (fringiest talent on roster), or Zavala (5th on the catching depth chart). I kind of wonder if we’ve seen the last of Carson Fulmer. IMO, he basically has no chance of being here once rosters are dropped to 26, so maybe they just the rip the band-aid now to allow the roster to carry an extra non-rostered position player while Mazara is out and before Madrigal is up.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
I don’t believe anything is under control when it comes to COVID, at least not in this country. That being said, I do think testing every other day should greatly reduce the chance of a major team-wide outbreak, if (and it’s a big one), guys are social distancing and wearing masks. I guess we’ll see how this all shakes, but no reason to assume the worst due to one positive test.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Thank you. I was trying to argue there may be correlation, but not causation.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
You’re my new go to COVID expert bmags!
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Ok, but it’s not directly related to be symptomatic correct?
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
@Balta1701 is this true? I could be a total idiot, but it seems to defy basic science.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
You think two false negatives is likely though?
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Good point.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Maybe I’m not very smart, but why does being asymptomatic matter if he’s being testing every two days? Yes, he could have spread the virus for a small period of time before he knew it, but any contaminations would caught pretty quickly right? Seems like if no one else is missing by now, he probably didn’t spread it to anyone.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
? He’s not the with the team anymore and aren’t they doing testing every other day?
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Doesn’t he have COVID?
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
Yup.
-
Mazara starting season on IL?
I was worried about our OF depth all offseason and this basically justifies those fears.
-
7.20.20 |Cubs @ White Sox GameThread | 7:10PM CT
Agreed!
-
7.20.20 |Cubs @ White Sox GameThread | 7:10PM CT
You mean the guy with the near 60% GB rate?
-
7.20.20 |Cubs @ White Sox GameThread | 7:10PM CT
Just had the same exact problem, but then it finally worked on ROKU out of the blue.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
Yeah, I can see them opening up one spot max and don’t see Detwiler getting one of them.
-
WhiteSox @ Cubs | 7.19.20 | 7:05PM
Because they’re already relying on several young / unproven players and having another guy to anchor the middle of the lineup makes sense for the 2020 season.