Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. ^^Awesome post ^^Shitty post
  2. If it was Keuchel and he was the TOR starter I'd have to get blacked out a day earlier and for all the wrong reasons.
  3. What the fuck just happened? I tried to log on after a meeting and thought Wheeler may have broken Soxtalk!
  4. We’ll find out soon enough! If it doesn’t happen today, I think we’re looking at next week at the earliest. I really don’t see a big move happening on Blackout Wednesday.
  5. Exactly, which is why this isn’t about sneaking him through and 100% about freeing a roster spot.
  6. I’m only partially serious, but IMO there is a ton of smoke and I think this Yolmer outright makes highly likely something happens today with Wheeler being the most probable.
  7. Yes, I think we all pretty much agree.
  8. His average fastball velocity was only 92.1 last year, so he would ranked around 40th for qualified pitchers or 70th with a 100 inning requirement.
  9. One crazy thing about adding Wheeler is how many high velocity pitchers our rotation would have. Here’s where our guys ranked last year in terms of fastball velocity: #04 - Wheeler - 96.7 #09 - Lopez - 95.5 #15 - Giolito - 94.3 ** - Cease - 96.6 (would rank 5th) ** - Kopech - 95.9 (would rank 7th) Realistically we could have three guys in the top 5 assuming Kopech’s velocity returns to normal plus one more in the top 10 and another in the top 15. Stuff wise, no other organization would come close to having this many starters at this level.
  10. He is 100% a Cubs fan.
  11. Exactly, at the very least there’s reason for optimism here.
  12. Shut-up Cooper, you of all people should be excited about this.
  13. Exactly, why would Merkin being up Zach Wheeler by name in an article that’s about Yolmer allegedly being outrighted. I mean, freeing up a roster spot could be about any potential addition, so it’s very strange to call out Wheeler even if there is some smoke. Plus he then goes to hype up what his addition would mean for the Sox. Gun to head, I think a deal is in place and they’re just waiting on a physical to formally announce.
  14. That’s a good question and one I can’t answer.
  15. Merkin specifically calls out Zach Wheeler in his Yolmer Sanchez article: I don’t care what anyone says, something is fucking up...
  16. Oh shit?, now it makes sense
  17. What does that mean?
  18. Bingo...I’ll get worried when the Twins outright their version of Yolmer.
  19. I’m an optimist at heart!
  20. Moustakas doesn’t work well with the addition of Grandal. I’d rather go with someone Gwinnett who can play some OF at least and will be way cheaper.
  21. Obviously a huge reach here, but random reddit user hinting we will sign Wheeler in the next 24 hours. Unfortunately this user doesn’t have a cool handle like KatyPerrysBootyHole, so likely not legitimate.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.