Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Interesting Positions/Titles within the Organization
I certainly wouldn’t be using Big Hurt as a business consultant.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Poop
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Oh fuck, shit is finally happening!?!
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
My bad, thought he had already gone unclaimed. Regardless, my point still stands, someone would have given up a C caliber prospect if they thought he was a 4 win player.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
Guys - If GMs thought Villar would put up 4 wins next year, he would have been claimed. Clearly they don’t project him to be worth that much (my guess due to flukey base-running value) and FWIW Steamer has him at 1.8 fWAR. That doesn’t mean he can’t be a useful player, I just think people see this big fWAR and unrealistically believe that’s his baseline going forward.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
Yeah I think so, his bat is major league ready. Unless they want him working on swing changes to generate more power (which I don’t think is the case) there is zero reason for him to be down in AAA once the service time manipulation is complete.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
This is a horrible idea. What exactly would you be trying to accomplish with this plan?
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
He’s right although I really don’t like Eno.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
I guess is very few clubs project him to be worth 4 wins in 2020. That being said, I’m shocked not a single team would take him for 1/$10M.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
Why not just get a natural RF?
-
Relationship Advice Thread
I simply asked my girl if she wanted that D and she was like “yup!”. Hopefully that’s kosher because I’m not watching this 45 minute video.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
Add Wheeler & Villar at $20M & $10M respectively and we’ve got about $10M to $15M left for RF, 5th starter, & bullpen.
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
Based on what? What do you think their payroll ceiling is this year?
-
Pomeranz to San Diego
What does this have to do with anything?
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
But that’s $7M to $10M less we have to spend elsewhere (depending on what they do with Leury).
-
Jonathan Villar traded to the Marlins
He’ll also be 3x expensive as Leury.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
A lot more mileage of Bumgarner’s arm.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Exactly.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Which is my fear. Everything below Wheeler, with the exception of possibly Ryu, just doesn’t have TOR upside and would be very much unfulfilling.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
It’s a risk no doubt, but dude has been a 4+ win starter two straight years and still has untapped potential. Strasburg would be great, but my guess is he gets 6/$180M minimum and I don’t see us being serious for him at that price point.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Which is exactly what most of us were expecting. Definitely not out of our price range.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
It’s amazing how little it takes for you to fold like a house of cards.
-
Burr DFA'd
Because that’s what teams do?
-
Burr DFA'd
Then how about Yolmer Sanchez?
-
Burr DFA'd
I still believe something is close to happening and plan to announce both sides of the transaction simultaneously. That being said, it’s looking less & less likely it will before Thanksgiving.