Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Yup, 100% make sense to sign a second SP to get that year of service time back.
  2. Seems like he hit the send button too soon on that Tweet and knows the deal is done.
  3. This is happening tonight isn’t it? Just too much blood in the water for it not to.
  4. I’ll never understand what the logic is behind “NL players will struggle in the AL”.
  5. Assuming the price is right, I’d be all for this.
  6. I think with Burr they might believe they can resign him to a minor league deal due to his injury and that they are better off not exposing him to waivers. I agree on Frare, it really seems like they want him gone.
  7. Rosenthal does not think he’ll get six years. I think he ultimately ends up right where you said at 5/$110M.
  8. I feel like Thursday will be decision day for Wheeler.
  9. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like Hamels is only in the second starter mix, which makes total sense. Now go get Wheeler and cross another item off our list.
  10. I am somewhat shocked they didn’t keep Frare over Medeiros.
  11. Lol...I was thinking the same exact thing.
  12. I think you have to overpay on a one year deal and that’s about what he made last year.
  13. That‘s better than 3/$40M or whatever for Kuechel IMO.
  14. Oh I agree, just don’t think they want to risk coming out of this offseason empty handed and that’s a real possibility if you are forced to wait out Boras.
  15. He has said that and Hamels is the best guy who may be willing to take a one year deal. I had him in my offseason plan in addition to Wheeler at 1/$17.5M. If this doesn’t prevent them from adding one of the big four starters (which it shouldn’t), then I think it would be fantastic to add some stability to the rotation before the Winter Meetings.
  16. Trade market will ugly though and don’t think we have the chips for a true impact starter. If we miss on Wheeler, I feel like Ryu is the next best alternative.
  17. I wouldn’t be happy if Hamels was our primary addition to the rotation.
  18. Burr showed some promise before injury, but he’s probably willing to resign with us on a minor league deal.
  19. This isn’t true. The signing bonus is taken as part of an AAV for luxury tax purposes. For accounting purposes, it’s spread over the life of the contract. From a cash payroll perspective I’d wager it’s part of their 2020 fiscal year. Tax wise it may have 2019 implications and is likely advantageous to pull forward.
  20. Wow, we’ve basically have nothing to show for all that slot money we traded other than I guess Schryver potentially. Although I guess Burr could be back.
  21. They’re projected payroll is only $10M less than the competitive tax threshold. Maybe they should be able to go higher, but it’s not like they are spending like a mid-market team.
  22. What controllable starting pitcher is going to be better than Wheeler? Because honestly, I can’t think of many that will be available and not cost an absolute fortune.
  23. We don’t have the pieces for a Josh Hader unless we’re willing to trade one of the can’t miss guys.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.